All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 3/1/05 new
      #155606 - 03/02/05 01:47 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

Foodies:
*bowl of porridge with half peach, cinnamon, half banana & soy milk
*crumpet
*baguette with basil tofu & roasted veg chutney
*banana
*crumpet
*muffin with black current conserve
*potato with bean burger
*smoothie of yoghurt, 4 pear quarters and 1tsp peanut butter
*2 squares Maya Gold chocolate

Exercise:
*ran about 6 miles (perhaps 8, I'm not sure) of fartlek, in the pouring rain.
*cooldown stretches

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Don't worry new
      #155630 - 03/02/05 03:31 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

I'm sure now you have got into a pattern of eating healthy safe food you will be fine - its not like we can go out and have a huige greasy burger anyway is it!

Maybe I should listen to myself as I am paranoid about putting too much weight back on. This was not helped by my stupid family who said I looked so much better when I had lost a stone. This was when I was really ill and looked too thin and gaunt. They then kept saying "now you are better don't put any weight back on, it doesn't suit you".

Great, does that mean I should eat nothing but rice and fish, what a miserable life!

Anyway, I have decided to ignore them and have put that stone back on and have thouroughly enjoyed doing it! I have started doing yoga and pilates, which has meant I am more toned.

Rant over ... grrr families!!

#155631 - 03/02/05 03:36 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Eating wise I was fairly good today. Crumpet for breakfast, salad with ryebread and egg for lunch and fresh pasta with tuna and olives for tea.

A few snacks, mainly sweets (my downfall - and they always make me feel ill) and a reduced fat UFO.

Went to Yoga class, which was a really intense session - so I should have burned a few calories there.

I haven't lost any more weight this week, but I am a lot more toned from the Yoga and Pilates.

#155645 - 03/02/05 05:11 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

25 points (budge 22). I got into the chocolate at bedtime. Otherwise I would have been on target. My next weigh in is tomorrow.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#155652 - 03/02/05 05:39 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Well, Tuesday was a better day by far than Monday - no cake mishaps Didn't feel as stuffed and bloated either.

Breakfast - half white grapefruit, vanilla soy milk w/fiber
Snack - 16 oz coffee w/cream and sugar and the rest of my turkey sanwich from Monday's lunch.
Lunch - Grilled chicken breast with white rice and mango salsa
Snack - apple
Dinner - egg white omlet w/red pepper, spinach and mozz. topped w/salsa. 2 slices sourdough with raspberry jam. A few tortilla chips for leftover salsa. (Ate slightly too much - small improvement over eating WAY too much)

Excercise - 1 hr pilates class

Water - Better today ~ probably closer to 70 oz.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

my report - new
      #155690 - 03/02/05 07:25 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Breakfast - oatmeal w/ sugar & pumpkin pie spice, rice milk
Lunch - sun dried tomato turkey sandwich w/ light mayo on homemade wheat bread, chips, 1/2 a grapefruit
Dinner - a large portion of spaghetti (actually it was spaghetti sauce over linguini)... I was so hungry after working out!
Water - 64oz
Excercise - I started the 2nd week of my program... my reps increased which caused my legs to be jello-like again , but I still enjoyed it... nothing a nice soothing HOT bath won't take care of, which is exactly what I did once I got home !

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: WOW! good luck... new
      #155692 - 03/02/05 07:29 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

I just know that my bottle is 16oz so today I know I need to drink 8.5 bottles... I can refill the same bottle all day long....

Shell... That's exactly how I count mine too ... We have to buy drinking water where I live (tap is disgusting) so we buy these cases of 16oz bottles, and that's what I drink all day. If I drink 4, then I know I've gotten 64oz in for the day.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/1/05 (edited) new
      #155725 - 03/02/05 08:25 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: slice of homemade bread
Breakfast: honeycomb & a banana
Lunch: impossibly easy spinach-parmesan pie
Snacks: luna bar, rice cake, gumdrops, carrot-ginger bread that looked so good...I saw it on the recipe board , hot rice w/ vanilla rice milk, banana bread
Dinner: turkey meatloaf, the one from the newsletter? herbed baked potatoes
Drinks: 4 cups teeccino w/ stevia & rice milk, 3 glasses water = 70oz so far YEAH!!

Food & drinks total: 1808 without any more snacks
Fruits & veggies: banana, spinach, potatoes x 2 = 4

Activity:
nothin'! yay for lousy weather! I couldn't even get out and shovel because after the snow stopped, it started sleeting. ptthhhhbt.

The awful part is that I still feel like I've hardly eaten today. I know I need to stop with the gumdrops maybe dry mango? can you do dry fruit? and luna bars how about a protien shake instead? See my report for today, I tried a rice shake that was very good and filling...maybe you could alter? , because they're a lot of calories without a lot of substance. oh, ok...now that I read this the shake may not work for ya...english miffin with RF peanut butter? can you do peanut butter or another sub (soynut, almond, etc) I find that I HAVE to eat something bready every 1 1/2 to 2 hours or I start feeling lousy. Maybe 1600 is unreasonable for me and I'm destined to become overweight again. NO, you body is just adjusting.... give yourself some time.... do you think it could be a blood sugar thing that makes you feel that way?

Ok, so... e_mcmaster was right, I ate some protein and now I'm quite full. I also didn't eat nearly as much potato with dinner as I thought I would. So even with another piece of carrot bread, I'm right about at 1800, and I have no reason to whine. YEAH!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/1/05
      #155728 - 03/02/05 08:28 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

had 2 bowls cornflakes, 2 bananas, luna bar, 2 pieces (small) leftover pizza, few pretzels and bought 25c worth of skittles from a candy machine! Also had coconut shrimp rice and broccoli for dinner with too many pistachios (was out of peanuts- d--- those pistachios are yummy!) Yes, they are.... I can't buy them for that very reason!! Got kind of loogy after workout this morning. Was hungry and then felt dizzy. Try some more protien about an hour before you work out. Then I got a little gassy and now I am a little bloated. Am going to have tea now. Did that help? Also rehab workout went pretty good. Only biked 20 minutes because a smoker started biking next to me and it made my lungs hurt. Oh my goodness... they were able to smoke inside?? Just saying. Sorry but it is true. No offense.

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/1/05
      #155730 - 03/02/05 08:31 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey, where you been? Ok, I need to lose about seven pounds. I kept putting it off, but I'm going to give it a go for real now. Yell at me if I disappear. OK, you asked for it...

So far today:

frozen lunch: 6
snack pack o' cheese nips: 2
virgin bloody mary: 0
"chicken" fajita- 7
total: 15

Is your goal 21-22? I keep forgetting.... I don't understand the weight watchers (I need to though as my Sister just joined on Sunday)

I will edit to add dinner in. Yesterday I had about 13
points and for some reason was REALLY not hungry at dinner. I think I was too exhausted to be hungry.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 96586

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review