All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ok how do I start
      #155077 - 02/28/05 07:06 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I weighed myself when I took Kenna to the doc today! I have gained 11 pounds back since christmas! I was doing so well! Part of the problem is I fell off the wagon BIG time when my Granddaddy died in Jan! I think all the women in my family surived by eating chocolate and drinking Moutain dew and now I can't get back on the wagon!! I try but it so HARD!! My tummy is realy starting to get bad again to I NEED to do this!!!!

HELP!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok how do I start new
      #155126 - 02/28/05 11:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome to the IBS Fitness board!! What I'm gonna do it quote a section from the Ask Heather column from the 2/22/05 Newsletter .... hope this helps...

Quote:

If you've made the decision that now is the time to lose weight, here's how to begin. Commit to the following:

*Make a reasonable timeline for your goals

*Set aside time for exercise, meal planning, and prep

*Get Heather's books and re-read them several times a year

*Dump the forbidden foods and ban them from entering your home

*Get yourself a calorie counter, whether it is a PDA or reference book

*Sign up for a gym or specific exercise program. Having to pay for it will keep you more committed to getting your money's worth, but having a video at home will help on days you can't get out of the house.

*Log everything you eat, even an Altoid or one jellybean

*See your doctor for a check up before and along the way for any prescription changes

*Vary your foods, but still eat according to the IBS diet, not forgetting a soluble fiber supplement, and insoluble fiber foods

*Drink plenty of water

*If you need them, take vitamins

*Weigh yourself only once a week and at the same time of day

*Take "before & after" pictures and get body measurements to "watch" your progress

*Reward yourself for every so many pounds lost, but NOT with food. (i.e. a movie, massage, pedicure, anything special)

*Come to our new IBS Fitness Board to start reporting in daily or weekly or whatever you can squeeze in

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

I think Shell said it all.. new
      #155148 - 03/01/05 03:56 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

though I also find I do better if I have exercise goals- like participating in the 150 mile bike ride in July... thus I have to get in good enough shape by then.. after that I'll still Bike, but I'll probably slack off for 6 months or so and then start training again for next year, but I also tend to walk more and bike more outdoors in summer.. and DH will go with me if its outside in the summer time as long as I'm not talking unreasonable distances... so its something we do together... you can definitely walk with Kenna and/or Rich too!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Ok how do I start new
      #157076 - 03/04/05 02:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Heather we are here for you.... if you have anymore questions or if anyone else has any advise.... lets share with Heather and help her on her way back to a healthy lifestyle.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2094

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review