All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 2/28/05
      #154818 - 02/27/05 08:43 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 2/28 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 2/28/05 new
      #155009 - 02/28/05 01:23 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yea February is over! I finished work today even though I felt like crap! It took 5 hours and 20 minutes. I was walking pretty slowly and sort of lost in space. I ate oatmeal with raisins, 2 bananas, luna bar, pretzels and half a PB&J; so that is 13 grams of fat. For dinner I am having hoisin chicken pizza. It is hard to stay hydrated when you have a cold. Tomorrow I am doing rehab and will do all the weights but if I am still sick I won't do much for aerobics. Afterward I am going shopping!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#155063 - 02/28/05 06:35 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

lets see...
wasn't doing well thsi AM- stress caused some issues

applesauce with SFS
2 hours later when I felt better- cereal with rice milk
lunch with friend- black bean soup at panera
1 luna bar
dinner with friends at smoke house blues- pulled chicken with rolls and baked potato

I need to take more sfs- not sure what in...

walked a ton- helped a friend search for a trailer to buy- so walked lot in snow with her, and also did laundry so up and down steps here... and helped her price appliances and some other things at lowes- lots of walking there.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#155092 - 02/28/05 09:12 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

exercise- 1 hour long step aerobics class.. definitly worked me.

Breakfast- dry honeycomb

Lunch- small portion of leftover mashed potatoes and turkey tenderloin

Snacks- RKT, conversation hearts, apple, strawberries.

Dinner- one serving of annies mac and chz (not ibs safe for some.. but ok for me with rice milk) and one serving of alexia rosemary and garlic oven fries.

--------------------

#155096 - 02/28/05 09:47 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......

My BMR = 2408 + I burned 1371 calories 4 minutes on Elliptical, 60 minute Turbo Kickboxing - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2533 calorie food budget .

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nuts N' Cranberry (older kind) & Water

Lunch : 332 calories Subway Sandwich (6" White bread w/Tuna, Easy Lettuce, & Pickle) & Water

Snacks during the day: 508 calories 1 UFO, 1 Gummy Heart, 1 Plain Pita, 1oz Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce) (YUMMERS!! I got them at PCC) & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories Altoids

Dinner: 562 calories OVEN-Fried Honey Chicken , Persian Rice Pilaf & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1546.25 calories

Total Water intake = 112oz SO FAR

I WILL have UFO w/more water. That added 250 calories for a total of 1796.25. Still in my food budget!!

--------------------

#155119 - 02/28/05 10:41 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Yea February is over! I finished work today even though I felt like crap! It took 5 hours and 20 minutes. I was walking pretty slowly and sort of lost in space. One of those days huh... hope it gets better for ya soon. I ate oatmeal with raisins, 2 bananas, luna bar, pretzels and half a PB&J; so that is 13 grams of fat. For dinner I am having hoisin chicken pizza. It is hard to stay hydrated when you have a cold. Tomorrow I am doing rehab and will do all the weights but if I am still sick I won't do much for aerobics. Afterward I am going shopping! Awhh... SHOPPING...that should make ya feel better....

--------------------

#155120 - 02/28/05 10:43 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

lets see...
wasn't doing well thsi AM- stress caused some issues sorry...hope it gets better

applesauce with SFS
2 hours later when I felt better oh good! - cereal with rice milk
lunch with friend- black bean soup at panera
1 luna bar
dinner with friends at smoke house blues- pulled chicken with rolls and baked potato

I need to take more sfs- not sure what in...

walked a ton- helped a friend search for a trailer to buy- so walked lot in snow with her, and also did laundry so up and down steps here... and helped her price appliances and some other things at lowes- lots of walking there. funny...I used to hate walking...now I try to find ways to do more of it!! Funny how that happens....

--------------------

#155121 - 02/28/05 10:44 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

exercise- 1 hour long step aerobics class.. definitly worked me. Oh Man...I wanna take that class to... but it starts at 5pm and I can't make it there in time.... glad you are enjoying the classes...they are great huh!!

Breakfast- dry honeycomb

Lunch- small portion of leftover mashed potatoes and turkey tenderloin

Snacks- RKT, conversation hearts, apple, strawberries.

Dinner- one serving of annies mac and chz (not ibs safe for some.. but ok for me with rice milk) I was wondering about that...I've seen it...but have not picked it up off the shelf...did not want to be tempted. and one serving of alexia rosemary and garlic oven fries.

--------------------

#155144 - 03/01/05 03:45 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Quite a good day. I went to Pilates class in the morning (at 8m - ouuchh). Food wise I was doing well, till I ate ice-cream. However I have lost 2 pounds, so this exercise thing must be working.

so true new
      #155149 - 03/01/05 03:57 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I have a pedometer, but I didn't wear it yesterday... I know on some days when I do wear it I'm amazed that just in my daily routine because I go out of my way to walk a lot more I sometimes walk for miles in a day!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#155157 - 03/01/05 04:48 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

21 points (22 budget). I was ultra good today!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#155161 - 03/01/05 05:34 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

Foodies:
*porridge with cherry fruit spread & soy milk (30g oats)
*1 crumpet (90 kcal)
*baguette with hummus & Branston pickle
*banana
*2 crumpets (180 kcal)
*bowl of carrot, chickpea and yam soup, muffin (170 kcal)
*smoothie of cherry soyghurt (128 kcal), 1/2 banana, 2 tinned peach halves (36 kcal) and 1 tbsp peanut butter- yum!

exercise:
*45 minutes New York City ballet/yoga mix.

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

#155165 - 03/01/05 05:45 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hi all - hope everyone in the mid-west/northeast is surviving this SNOW! Yesterday was a bad day for me. I've been feeling really bloated and too full after almost every meal and snack since before the weekend. I am hoping this is due to getting used to eating less and not something more serious or IBS-related. We'll see if it continues . . .

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/vanilla soy milk and dried apricots, OJ w/fiber (TOO FULL)
Snack: 16 oz coffee w/ cream and sugar (sorry Shell - I know it's terrible but I think I mentioned before I am not prepared to give it up! ) Mango salsa and chips TOO FULL AGAIN
Lunch: Approx half of turkey sandwich w/mustard on white (too full to eat more)
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast w/mango salsa and white rice
Now here's where I was really bad - I have an uncontrollable sweet tooth and it reared its ugly head last night even though I was full from dinner I went on a cake binge. It was the only sweet thing in the house and it was partially frozen but I ate it anyway and WAY too much of it. I am trying to not let this setback ruin my efforts, and I threw the rest of the cake away so there is none left to tempt me again, plus at least it was just cake w/no frosting. Today should be better - I hope!

Exercise: Walked for 25 minutes - slightly faster today since my foot is steadily improving Did various crunches and some lower-body toning. Also - forgot to weight myself at the gym (perhaps I am subconsciously avoiding it??? )

*Not enough water today - probably about 40 oz. When I feel so full it is hard to drink more water.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

shell new
      #155184 - 03/01/05 06:55 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I am definitly enjoying the classes.. but seriously I woke up today and at first I couldn't even walk.. I think it was cause of my calves climbing about a trillion steps yesterday. No worries though.. I put on some icyhot and feel better.

--------------------

#155300 - 03/01/05 10:53 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quite a good day. I went to Pilates class in the morning (at 8m - ouuchh). Food wise I was doing well, till I ate ice-cream. However I have lost 2 pounds, so this exercise thing must be working. You got it sister!! That is great....2 pounds!!

--------------------

#155302 - 03/01/05 10:56 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

21 points (22 budget). I was ultra good today!

HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE!!

--------------------

#155303 - 03/01/05 10:57 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Foodies:
*porridge with cherry fruit spread & soy milk (30g oats)
*1 crumpet (90 kcal)
*baguette with hummus & Branston pickle interesting combo...
*banana
*2 crumpets (180 kcal)
*bowl of carrot, chickpea and yam soup, yum muffin (170 kcal)
*smoothie of cherry soyghurt (128 kcal), 1/2 banana, 2 tinned peach halves (36 kcal) and 1 tbsp peanut butter- yum!

exercise:
*45 minutes New York City ballet/yoga mix. That is great! How are you liking that?

--------------------

#155308 - 03/01/05 11:03 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all - hope everyone in the mid-west/northeast is surviving this SNOW! Yesterday was a bad day for me. I've been feeling really bloated and too full after almost every meal and snack since before the weekend. I am hoping this is due to getting used to eating less and not something more serious or IBS-related. We'll see if it continues . . . Hope it gets better for you real soon... are you eating different foods or just less?

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/vanilla soy milk and dried apricots, OJ w/fiber (TOO FULL)
Snack: 16 oz coffee w/ cream and sugar (sorry Shell - I know it's terrible but I think I mentioned before I am not prepared to give it up! ) I know I know....but I have to give ya a hard time every once in awhile... Mango salsa and chips TOO FULL AGAIN
Lunch: Approx half of turkey sandwich w/mustard on white (too full to eat more)
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast w/mango salsa and white rice
Now here's where I was really bad - I have an uncontrollable sweet tooth and it reared its ugly head last night even though I was full from dinner I went on a cake binge. It was the only sweet thing in the house and it was partially frozen but I ate it anyway and WAY too much of it. I am trying to not let this setback ruin my efforts, and I threw the rest of the cake away so there is none left to tempt me again, plus at least it was just cake w/no frosting. Good idea to get it out of the house.... it is fine to have a "portion" from time to time...but if you can't stop at one...then it is best to not have it in the house at all. Today should be better - I hope! YES, it will!!

Exercise: Walked for 25 minutes - slightly faster today since my foot is steadily improving Oh, GOOD... I forgot to answer you about the stretchs too...well do you have a yoga strap? a towel will work too.... before you step foot out of the bed.... just place the strap or towel under your foot and pull towards your body with your leg straight.... it makes your foot in a position that is flat footed as if you were standing on it.... hold that for a few minutes, release and do it again. Then get up... it should help the healing. Did various crunches and some lower-body toning. Also - forgot to weight myself at the gym (perhaps I am subconsciously avoiding it??? )

*Not enough water today - probably about 40 oz. When I feel so full it is hard to drink more water.

--------------------

Re: shell new
      #155314 - 03/01/05 11:10 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I am definitly enjoying the classes.. but seriously I woke up today and at first I couldn't even walk.. I've been there!! I think it was cause of my calves climbing about a trillion steps yesterday. I'm thinking about taking a "Step" class on Sat... it is at 9:30am. No worries though.. I put on some icyhot and feel better. Yes, BenGay has been known to be a really good freind of mine!! LOL

--------------------

I almost forgot to report in... new
      #155371 - 03/01/05 12:19 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Breakfast - oatmeal w/ sugar & pumpkin pie spice (thank you Casey!), rice milk
Lunch - sun dried tomato turkey (yummy meat!) sandwich on homemade white bread w/ light mayo, chips, grapes
Dinner - turkey tenderloin (it was wrapped in bacon, but I took that off before eating it), oven fries, salad w/ vinegarette dressing
Water - 64oz
No excercise... I'm still recooping from my trip

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: I almost forgot to report in... new
      #155376 - 03/01/05 12:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast - oatmeal w/ sugar & pumpkin pie spice (thank you Casey!) good idea huh?! , rice milk
Lunch - sun dried tomato turkey (yummy meat!) where did ya find this one? sandwich on homemade white bread w/ light mayo, chips, grapes
Dinner - turkey tenderloin (it was wrapped in bacon, but I took that off before eating it), oven fries, salad w/ vinegarette dressing
Water - 64oz good good!!
No excercise... I'm still recooping from my trip

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 72 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11227

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review