All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 2/27/05
      #154569 - 02/26/05 09:50 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 2/27 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 2/27/05 new
      #154625 - 02/27/05 08:05 AM
Shell Marr

Going out to breakfast today...I BETTER not take a day off from the gym today...I will end up going over my food budget for sure I'm so used to my 170-180 calorie breakfast (Luna bar)... that any other kind just throws a kink in my day!! LOL 8oz water so far (8:04am)...

--------------------

11:30 here... new
      #154636 - 02/27/05 08:42 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

had 32 oz of water so far today...

1 smoothie- I make enough for 3/4 at a time- mixed berry, banana and silken tofu with some honey

1 egg white/tomato pesto sandwich... late mornign snack

lunch will be at panera- my big calorie meal of the day, I'm goign to go for it and have the bread bowl with my soup.. so thats like 660 cal if I eat the entire thing (I rarely do, but I do eat more then the piece that comes without the bowl!)

I'll have a luna bar for mid afternoon snack and dinner at my FIL's... some sort of chicken, not sure what he'll have with it.

exercise- some housework, including breaking up some of the ice on the driveway, and we're going to look at 5 houses with the realtor- lots of walking, and DH and I are going to the mall this afternoon beforehand- more walking!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#154770 - 02/27/05 05:35 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,
Having another really bad day today. I had a really bad night last night (see my LR post for all the gory details) and didn't sleep, and threw up, and cried a lot (A lot, a lot!) and have been trying to eat all day.

So exercise, none... watched the lead-up to the Oscars for a while, and cried for like 4 hours... so my calorie budget is 1225 calories. Although I am going bowling tonight for my neice's 6th birthday.

Snack at 6 this morning = 5 arrowroot cookies = 150 calories

Breakfast: Luna Bar = 180 calories

Snack: Smoothie! I used fresh mango, frozen peaches, strawberries and blueberries, crushed ice and some orange juice frozen concentrate - it was soooo good, I have NO IDEA How many calories.

Lunch = 2 pieces of French Bread with Fajita Chicken (deli meat, REALLY good) and some ICBINB = 375 calories

Snack = 50 g baked lays = 200 calories.

So that's 905 calories so far, plus the smoothie.
I don't know what I will have for dinner, but I'll eat something. Probably chicken and rice or something along those lines.

Okay, I'd better go get my bowling shoes on.
*hugs*
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

REPORTING IN - 2/27/05 new
      #154771 - 02/27/05 05:39 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Here is my pseudo-report for today: I started out the day with a bad D attack, and then started the pill and have been nauseous the rest of the day - not a good today, can't you tell? - so I've been nibbling on bread all day, but I haven't been keeping track. I also had no activity to report, unless you want to count a temper tantrum and a 3-hour nap.

I *pray* that tomorrow will be better.

#154779 - 02/27/05 06:14 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Exercise- 1 hour of muscle conditioning class @ the gym. totally kicked my a$$.

Breakfast- peppermint luna bar. yum.

Lunch- rf wrap with lettuce, green peppers, turkey and a splah of ff italian dressing with a serving of baked lays and a coke.

Snacks- 1 serving of swedish fish, 1/2 serving conversation hearts, 1 rkt, a toooon of fresh yummy strawberries (haha but fruit is good right haha)

Dinner- the lemon and garlic jenny o turkey tenderloin, homeade mashed, and steamed spinach with a little bit of icbinbl.

--------------------

#154786 - 02/27/05 06:25 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Got sicker today and laid on the couch all day. I watched all of the Pride and Prejudice DVD reserved for sick days. I ate 2 bananas, 1 luna bar, bowl of king vitamin, bowl of cream of wheat and toast and a tiny bit of soy ice cream. That is actually very little for me. I had orange juice and tea. I am going to take a bath and brush my teeth and have sleepy time tea and hopefully I can work tomorrow. Fingers crossed for me to be able to work! I hope it doesn't snow. Good news is my hip is better now after getting pulled in the self defense class. Tuesday is hip rehab workout in AM and shopping so I have to work tomorrow to take that day off. And I really need to go to rehab and work out. Wish me luck.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: 11:30 here... new
      #154793 - 02/27/05 06:51 PM
khyricat

ate most of the bread bowl.. was stuffed.. and still ate my luna bar then but skipping my evening snack tonight.. still feel full.. between that and my FIL's- baked potato, french bread, canned peas (there was creamed corn, but thats out for me), and chicken breast... I used the most amazing sweet and hot sauce on my chickena nd even on my potato since I can't have butter- he gave us a bottle for a gift- its safe and yummy if you can handle a bit of heat- has peppers in it, but isn't hot.. more mild-medium level... not bland though, and the sugary sweet offsets it... I'll post the info on it later..

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#154798 - 02/27/05 07:07 PM
Shell Marr

Here is a link to sinceiwas4's Report in

Quote:

Let's see...
Breakfast was 1 cup weak coffee and 1 banana muffin
Lunch: grilled chicken, melted cheese on a Pita
Dinner: haven't had yet.
Jacinda

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (02/27/05 08:01 PM)

#154817 - 02/27/05 08:40 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......

My BMR = 2408 + I burned 903 calories 40 minutes on Elliptical, 30 minutes folding clothes, 20 minutes dishes and mop kitchen floor, 12 sets of 20 ball crunches - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2065 calorie food budget.

Breakfast: 336 calories went out...2/3rd's Vegetarian Omelet made with eggbeaters, mushroom, onion, tomato, zucchini, no cheese also 1/2 order hashbrowns cooked with very little oil as requested and english muffin dry, 2 cups tea w/sugar.

Lunch : 275 calories was really busy today, so I just grabbed a slice of Mango Cake & Water

Snacks during the day: 494 calories 1 UFO, 1 Gummy Heart, 1 pretzel rod, Rice Dream Pie - Mocha (ice cream sandwich) & Water

While Working Out: 11 calories Altoids

Dinner: 522 calories OVEN-Fried Honey Chicken , Persian Rice Pilaf & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1640.25 calories

Total Water intake = 80oz SO FAR

I WILL have UFO w/more water. That added 125 calories for a total of 1765.25. Still in my food budget!!

--------------------

#154829 - 02/28/05 01:51 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Didn't go to aquacise as my muscles ached from yesterdays gym session.

However DID go shopping. As this is my worst nightmare i was so pleased. Despite about a million panic attacks, I managed to control them and not only find lots of clothes for Tara, but a lovely warm long chocolate brown cardigan/coat for me! I think I may have actually enjoyed myself.

Food wise I was quite good, although a little bit of chocolate may have passed my lips!

#154831 - 02/28/05 02:59 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

Foodies:
*bowl of porridge with banana & soymilk (30g oats).
*mint tea
*2 Tesco free-from bars (300 kcal)
*bowl of carrot & parsnip soup with baguette
*slice of spicy apple cake
*peppermint tea
*bowl of porridge with pure fruit cherry jam, brown sugar and soy milk
*bowl of carrot, yam & chickpea soup with toasted sesame pitta bread
*fennel tea

something gave me cramps, and diarrhea this morning...I reckon the cake was too high in fat? Or I ate too much? I am crap at portion control- this is what I really need to make an effort with- any tips? I also didn't drink as much water as usual yesterday. Whatever, today I'm not feeling 100% well.

exercise:
*cycled from 11-4, with lunch break. This was probably only 20 miles or so, but off-road and in..adverse weather conditions, with lots of mud and snow.
*cool-down stretches for 10 min.

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

#154833 - 02/28/05 03:07 AM
JaneC

I read your other post- tell your friend to sod off, if it's not too stressful. It really sounds like the stress of dealing with her is making you more ill, and you need to be 'selfish' and take the time to recover, otherwise it will just drag on.

Don't blame yourself for not doing any exercise- you were ill, and it wouldn't have been wise.

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

#154867 - 02/28/05 06:10 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

31 points (9 flex points used) - part of weekend away. Not so great.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#154877 - 02/28/05 06:40 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Beginning to feel a bit better from my cold...

breakfast: toasted plain bagel with pumpkin butter
lunch: plain pasta with vegetable broth, slice of spinach bread, 1 small No Pudge brownie
dinner: plain pasta with vegetable broth, 1 small No Pudge brownie
snack: cup of unsweetened applesauce

water: 32 oz (not counting broth)

exercise: walking around grocery store, carrying 2 bags of groceries up 3 flights of stairs, walking around the apartment (considering I didn't really leave my bed much the day before, at least I was ambulatory today)

I think I'm going to stick with about 48 oz of water a day tops, since increasing my water intake seems to just make me pass a lot more mucus, and I'm not sure how to fix that...

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#154915 - 02/28/05 08:26 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hi there! Sunday wasn't too bad for me, even though I ate out for lunch in between watching my little cousins' soccer games and did NOT choose the healthiest option. Oh well - it pales in comparison with the BD cake I ate on Saturday. We're all allowed to be bad occationally, right???

breakfast: multigrain hot creal made w/vanilla soy milk, golden raisins, OJ w/fiber, 16 oz coffee w/cream and sugar
Lunch: chicken pot pie at Max&Erma's, water (ate too much - STUFFED)
Snack: dried apricots
Dinner: 2 med. slices of veggie pizza, more water

Definitely did not drink enough water today but felt so bloated after lunch that I didn't feel like having any.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#154923 - 02/28/05 08:42 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

Since I was gone, I'm going to post my entire weekend here... I hope nobody minds.

Friday:
Breakfast - oatmeal w/ sugar & pumpkin pie spice, rice milk
Lunch - chicken sandwich w/ left over rotisserie chicken and light mayo on homemade white bread, potato chips, seedless grapes
Dinner - chicken burrito w/ white rice, lettuce & green peppers.
Water - 64+oz
Excercise - Didn't get a chance to go to the gym before getting on the road, but I did walk quite a bit when I went shopping at an outdoor outlet mall.

Saturday:
Breakfast - oatmeal w/ sugar, rice milk
Lunch - Buffalo wings w/ lots of celery
Dinner - Sunday Chicken Supper
Late night snack - Buffalo wings - Ahem... a huge weakness of mine... twice in one day is really pushing it though. Plus I think I'm paying for it today cause I'm a little C.
Water - 64+oz.
Excercise - I went bowling with my friends and scored a 129!! Woohoo!! I know it's not that much... but it's one of my best!

Sunday:
Lunch - chicken breast sandwich from Subway w/ light mayo, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and honey mustard on wheat bread, baked potato chips
Dinner - DH's favorite... kielbasa & potatoes sprinkled generously with lemon pepper spice (a recipe that I will post when I'm done here), steamed artichoke
Water - I think I got close to 72oz today!
No excercise today... I drove home and didn't feel like doing much.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: 11:30 here... new
      #155106 - 02/28/05 10:08 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

had 32 oz of water so far today...

1 smoothie- I make enough for 3/4 at a time- mixed berry, banana and silken tofu with some honey

1 egg white/tomato pesto sandwich... late mornign snack this sounds interesting... do you make your own pesto or is this the stuff that hubby bought? If so, what brand?

lunch will be at panera- my big calorie meal of the day, I'm goign to go for it and have the bread bowl with my soup.. YUM!! so thats like 660 cal if I eat the entire thing (I rarely do, but I do eat more then the piece that comes without the bowl!)

I'll have a luna bar for mid afternoon snack and dinner at my FIL's... some sort of chicken, not sure what he'll have with it.

exercise- some housework, including breaking up some of the ice on the driveway, and we're going to look at 5 houses with the realtor- lots of walking, and DH and I are going to the mall this afternoon beforehand- more walking! You will get plenty in then!

--------------------

#155107 - 02/28/05 10:11 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi guys,
Having another really bad day today. I had a really bad night last night (see my LR post for all the gory details) and didn't sleep, and threw up, and cried a lot (A lot, a lot!) and have been trying to eat all day. I just wanna give you a big ole hug!!

So exercise, none... watched the lead-up to the Oscars for a while, and cried for like 4 hours... so my calorie budget is 1225 calories. Although I am going bowling tonight for my neice's 6th birthday. aaww... how cute

Snack at 6 this morning = 5 arrowroot cookies = 150 calories

Breakfast: Luna Bar = 180 calories

Snack: Smoothie! I used fresh mango, frozen peaches, strawberries and blueberries, crushed ice and some orange juice frozen concentrate - it was soooo good, I have NO IDEA How many calories. YUMMERS

Lunch = 2 pieces of French Bread with Fajita Chicken (deli meat, REALLY good) UUmm... sounds good! and some ICBINB = 375 calories

Snack = 50 g baked lays = 200 calories.

So that's 905 calories so far, plus the smoothie.
I don't know what I will have for dinner, but I'll eat something. Probably chicken and rice or something along those lines.

Okay, I'd better go get my bowling shoes on. Love them shoes...(NOT) lol
*hugs*
--Steph

--------------------

#155108 - 02/28/05 10:14 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Here is my pseudo-report for today: I started out the day with a bad D attack, and then started the pill and have been nauseous the rest of the day - not a good today, can't you tell? sorry sweetie.... hope you feeling better now... - so I've been nibbling on bread all day, but I haven't been keeping track. I also had no activity to report, unless you want to count a temper tantrum and a 3-hour nap. OOhh.... I'm feelin for ya... hope Monday was better for ya...

I *pray* that tomorrow will be better.

--------------------

#155110 - 02/28/05 10:15 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Exercise- 1 hour of muscle conditioning class @ the gym. totally kicked my a$$. I LOVE THOSE KICK @$$ classes!!

Breakfast- peppermint luna bar. yum.

Lunch- rf wrap with lettuce, green peppers, turkey and a splah of ff italian dressing with a serving of baked lays and a coke.

Snacks- 1 serving of swedish fish, 1/2 serving conversation hearts, 1 rkt, a toooon of fresh yummy strawberries (haha but fruit is good right haha)

Dinner- the lemon and garlic jenny o turkey tenderloin, I've seen that but I've never tried it...is it really good? homeade mashed, and steamed spinach with a little bit of icbinbl.

--------------------

#155111 - 02/28/05 10:17 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Got sicker today and laid on the couch all day. I watched all of the Pride and Prejudice DVD reserved for sick days. Take care of YOU!! I ate 2 bananas, 1 luna bar, bowl of king vitamin, bowl of cream of wheat and toast and a tiny bit of soy ice cream. That is actually very little for me. I had orange juice and tea. I am going to take a bath and brush my teeth and have sleepy time tea and hopefully I can work tomorrow. Fingers crossed for me to be able to work! Good idea....get your rest. I hope it doesn't snow. Good news is my hip is better now after getting pulled in the self defense class. Tuesday is hip rehab workout in AM and shopping so I have to work tomorrow to take that day off. And I really need to go to rehab and work out. Wish me luck. good luck

--------------------

#155112 - 02/28/05 10:19 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Here is a link to sinceiwas4's Report in

Quote:

Let's see...
Breakfast was 1 cup weak coffee (oh, I did not see this ) and 1 banana muffin
Lunch: grilled chicken, melted cheese on a Pita sounds good....was this soy or rice cheese?
Dinner: haven't had yet.
Jacinda

--------------------

#155113 - 02/28/05 10:21 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Didn't go to aquacise as my muscles ached from yesterdays gym session. Oh no...I hate it when that happens.... but it is a good hurt..right?

However DID go shopping. As this is my worst nightmare i was so pleased. Despite about a million panic attacks, I managed to control them and not only find lots of clothes for Tara, but a lovely warm long chocolate brown cardigan/coat for me! I think I may have actually enjoyed myself. that is wonderful....

Food wise I was quite good, although a little bit of chocolate may have passed my lips! DOH!! As Homer would say..LOL

--------------------

#155114 - 02/28/05 10:24 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Foodies:
*bowl of porridge with banana & soymilk (30g oats).
*mint tea
*2 Tesco free-from bars (300 kcal) what is that?
*bowl of carrot & parsnip soup Yum... did you make it? with baguette
*slice of spicy apple cake
*peppermint tea
*bowl of porridge with pure fruit cherry jam, brown sugar and soy milk
*bowl of carrot, yam & chickpea soup with toasted sesame pitta bread
*fennel tea

something gave me cramps, and diarrhea this morning...I reckon the cake was too high in fat? Or I ate too much? both would do it... I am crap at portion control- this is what I really need to make an effort with- any tips? start counting calories...that did the trick for me!! You don't realize what REAL potions are until you start counting... I also didn't drink as much water as usual yesterday. Whatever, today I'm not feeling 100% well.

exercise:
*cycled from 11-4, with lunch break. This was probably only 20 miles or so, but off-road and in..adverse weather conditions, with lots of mud and snow. OUTSTANDING!!
*cool-down stretches for 10 min.

--------------------

#155115 - 02/28/05 10:25 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

31 points (9 flex points used) - part of weekend away. Not so great. That's ok...Monday is near!!

--------------------

#155116 - 02/28/05 10:33 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Beginning to feel a bit better from my cold... good!

breakfast: toasted plain bagel with pumpkin butter
lunch: plain pasta with vegetable broth, slice of spinach bread, 1 small No Pudge brownie
dinner: plain pasta with vegetable broth, 1 small No Pudge brownie
snack: cup of unsweetened applesauce

water: 32 oz (not counting broth)

exercise: walking around grocery store, carrying 2 bags of groceries up 3 flights of stairs, walking around the apartment (considering I didn't really leave my bed much the day before, at least I was ambulatory today)

I think I'm going to stick with about 48 oz of water a day tops, since increasing my water intake seems to just make me pass a lot more mucus, and I'm not sure how to fix that... HHumm... that is interesting.... let me think about that..... how long has this been happening? Only when you drink lots of water? How long have you been eating the pumpkin butter and spinach bread?

--------------------

#155117 - 02/28/05 10:35 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi there! HI Sunday wasn't too bad for me, even though I ate out for lunch in between watching my little cousins' soccer games and did NOT choose the healthiest option. Oh well - it pales in comparison with the BD cake I ate on Saturday. We're all allowed to be bad occationally, right??? Yes, just be ready to pay for it....one way or the other!!

breakfast: multigrain hot creal made w/vanilla soy milk, golden raisins, OJ w/fiber, 16 oz coffee w/cream and sugar DOH!!
Lunch: chicken pot pie at Max&Erma's, water (ate too much - STUFFED)
Snack: dried apricots
Dinner: 2 med. slices of veggie pizza, more water

Definitely did not drink enough water today but felt so bloated after lunch that I didn't feel like having any.

--------------------

#155118 - 02/28/05 10:39 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Since I was gone, I'm going to post my entire weekend here... I hope nobody minds.

Friday:
Breakfast - oatmeal w/ sugar & pumpkin pie spice, rice milk
Lunch - chicken sandwich w/ left over rotisserie chicken and light mayo on homemade white bread, potato chips, seedless grapes
Dinner - chicken burrito w/ white rice, lettuce & green peppers.
Water - 64+oz good girl!
Excercise - Didn't get a chance to go to the gym before getting on the road, but I did walk quite a bit when I went shopping at an outdoor outlet mall. hey, better then nothing...

Saturday:
Lunch - Buffalo wings w/ lots of celery Shane wants to know if that was at Hooters?
Dinner - Sunday Chicken Supper I still have to try that one....
Late night snack - Buffalo wings - Ahem... a huge weakness of mine... twice in one day is really pushing it though. Plus I think I'm paying for it today cause I'm a little C.
Water - 64+oz. good!!
Excercise - I went bowling with my friends and scored a 129!! Woohoo!! I know it's not that much... but it's one of my best! WWoohhooo... and both you and Steph went bowling!!

Sunday:
Lunch - chicken breast sandwich from Subway w/ light mayo, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and honey mustard on wheat bread, baked potato chips
Dinner - DH's favorite... kielbasa & potatoes sprinkled generously with lemon pepper spice I saw that....on the other board (a recipe that I will post when I'm done here), steamed artichoke
Water - I think I got close to 72oz today! YIPPIE!!
No excercise today... I drove home and didn't feel like doing much.

--------------------

red pesto new
      #155152 - 03/01/05 04:00 AM
khyricat

I'll doubel check I think I posted the recipe here once.. I use it for pasta sauce too.. more in summer then winter... DH bought some but it has HFCS.. so he's using it not me.. mine is just the same combination of spices you'd put in pesto... for the sandwiches I mix it with a can of tomato paste in the food processor, for pasta I put a can of crushed tomatoes in and I don't always bother to puree the spices completely.

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#155160 - 03/01/05 05:28 AM
JaneC

Thanks for replying!

I should try to count calories and work out servings- I tend to either eat too little or too much at once, heh. In terms of weight, I'm fine eating whatever I want, but in terms of giving myself digestive problems, I'm obviously not doing so well.

The free-from bars are gluten-free, low-fat cereal bars- buckwheat flakes, maize and dried blueberries. Def. UK only, but there is probably something simialr in the US. I really, really love oat flapjacks, but they are very high in fat and always make me feel ill, so I tried these instead.

--------------------

The jenny o turkey tenderloin was actually really good! -nt- new
      #155183 - 03/01/05 06:53 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

#155186 - 03/01/05 07:03 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I've been eating the pumpkin butter since Thanksgiving, the spinach bread for maybe the past two weeks. The mucus has been about the past 3 or 4 weeks, since I've been trying increase my water. Yeah, I'm lost here...stupid body not cooperating...

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: red pesto new
      #155210 - 03/01/05 07:50 AM
khyricat

Quote:

I'll doubel check I think I posted the recipe here once.. I use it for pasta sauce too.. more in summer then winter... DH bought some but it has HFCS.. so he's using it not me.. mine is just the same combination of spices you'd put in pesto... for the sandwiches I mix it with a can of tomato paste in the food processor, for pasta I put a can of crushed tomatoes in and I don't always bother to puree the spices completely.

I did: Red Pesto Recipe

Enjoy do the spices and paste for a spread instead of a sauce..

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Hooters?? new
      #155221 - 03/01/05 08:13 AM
RachelT

Haha! No it wasn't Hooters! It was just Applebees.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: I've been to Hooters.... new
      #155257 - 03/01/05 09:15 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

with my husband and kids! It was VERY interesting to say the least!(Long story how we ended up there!) Then we went into the gift shop and I thought about getting a Hooters tank top, and they were $21 for a small piece of cloth, I don't think so!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: red pesto new
      #155297 - 03/01/05 10:50 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

I did: Red Pesto Recipe

Enjoy do the spices and paste for a spread instead of a sauce..

Thanks... I'm gonna have to try it and make a cold pasta salad...yum!!

--------------------

Re: Hooters?? new
      #155298 - 03/01/05 10:50 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

LOL

--------------------

#155299 - 03/01/05 10:52 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

with my husband and kids! It was VERY interesting to say the least!(Long story how we ended up there!) Then we went into the gift shop and I thought about getting a Hooters tank top, and they were $21 for a small piece of cloth, I don't think so!

Too funny.... I took Shane there one year for his Bday before a "Bad Boys" movie... they made Shane dress up in the outfit and wear a bra and a pan on his head and he had to lead the conga line and dance around the place with a bunch of the girls... also he had to get up on a table and dance... I laughed SO HARD....

--------------------

#155304 - 03/01/05 10:58 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Quote:

Too funny.... I took Shane there one year for his Bday before a "Bad Boys" movie... they made Shane dress up in the outfit and wear a bra and a pan on his head and he had to lead the conga line and dance around the place with a bunch of the girls... also he had to get up on a table and dance... I laughed SO HARD....

For the life of me, I just can't picture Shane doing that... LOL Would have liked to have seen it, though!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#155311 - 03/01/05 11:04 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

For the life of me, I just can't picture Shane doing that... LOL Would have liked to have seen it, though!

Oh, and he was lovin every minute of it... I'm sure he did not mind the attention at all!!

--------------------

#155533 - 03/01/05 05:36 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I bet he loved every minute of it too! There was a young kid there (maybe 13)celebrating his birthday too! Now I draw the line.....the mom and dad took him there for his birthday. He just stood up on stage and wore some kind of bird hat or something. He was very imbarrassed but I'm sure him going through puberty understood what was "really" going on! !

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Hooters?? new
      #155856 - 03/02/05 11:26 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Here Rachel... I was thinking of you....and looked for something safe... hope you can use this. BAKED - Buffalo Chicken Fingers

--------------------

Thank you so much Shell!! new
      #155903 - 03/02/05 01:09 PM
RachelT

That was so sweet of you!!! I will definately give these a try. Hopefully they'll get rid of any cravings I have.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: Thank you so much Shell!! new
      #155920 - 03/02/05 01:32 PM
Shell Marr

I know if will not be the "real thing" but hopefully close enough.... and now others can "fake cheat"..hehehe

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28097

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review