All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
My first weigh-in - SO disappointed.
      #153548 - 02/24/05 05:55 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I didn't lose a darn thing. I was so disappointed I started to cry. My leader said it's because I did weight training 4 times this week and I was building muscle. I can understand that but I'm disappointed nonetheless.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My first weigh-in - SO disappointed. new
      #153553 - 02/24/05 06:05 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

don't let it get to you if you are increasing your activity levels... a friend of mine didn't lose weight at all and lost 5 inches around her waist and visibly at the face and other places because she increased her activity levels and did soem weight training....

I didn't lose anything for 6 months at one point but went down 2 pants sizes... and inches elsehwere too.... maybe have someone measure you or measure yourself and look at that change as well as the #'s,

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#153564 - 02/24/05 06:34 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That's right... the numbers on the scale are NOT the end-all be-all. If you've been working out, Alicia, you're definitely building muscle tone, even if you can't tell yet. And even if the scale still doesn't budge for a while, try to notice the little things, like Amie said - your face getting thinner, rings fitting looser, etc. I know you're disappointed, but hang in there, it'll happen.

#153631 - 02/24/05 09:36 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

Yup, you're likely building muscle. My boyfriend weighs a lot, but looks thin, and it's all muscle (he cycles usually 28 miles a day, mostly off-road). The important thing is, do you feel better for the exercise?

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

#153637 - 02/24/05 09:48 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, don't be disappointed.... you are doing weight training a lot as I see from your reports.... you MUST be building muscle and I bet you don't even realize it YET.... but I bet your inches are decreasing/toning up as well... have you taken your body measurements? Really you should do that...you will be amazed, you can not lose for weeks and even gain some weight and still lose in inches!! TRUST ME!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Alicia *hugs* new
      #153688 - 02/24/05 11:13 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

My 1st weigh in I had gained a pound! I'm on week 3 now and I lost 5 lbs. I think I lost them all this week LOL I'm not sure why it works this way? I wonder if my meds are a factor here. In any case...I feel your pain. I had 2 weigh-ins and NOTHING. I guess the 3rd times the charm?!

In any case--I htink you're doing amazing! Keep it up...I'm thinking about you *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#153778 - 02/24/05 03:15 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Keep a smile on- remember that muscle mass uses more calories than other mass on the body. So more muscle means burning more calories all the time! Good luck.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Ditto what everyone else says! new
      #153782 - 02/24/05 03:38 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

When I re-start my diet on Monday (now that the moving craziness has stopped!), I'm going to take my measurements in the morning because I know I will gain some muscle.

Hope all these hugs make you feel better and know that we're all here for you.

--------------------
- Jennifer

BIG HUGS ... she's probably right new
      #153826 - 02/24/05 06:45 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Do they focus on inches? Because you may have lost there but not weight. Well, another ((Hug)) and chin up!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#153849 - 02/24/05 08:08 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
I think everyone else has already said what I wanted to say, but I just wanted to send you a hug and say that you are doing a great job and I'm sure that if you keep at it, you'll notice some results that definitely won't disappoint you very very soon!!
*hugs*
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Thanks all! new
      #153924 - 02/25/05 05:20 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I really feel your support. I think it's what's going to make the difference this time. I've switched back to positive thinking and did more weight training yesterday. I will try to take my measurements soon. I know you all are right about the inches. Hugs to all!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 67 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6373

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review