All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Perfect timing! Just started diet . . .
      #153145 - 02/23/05 09:44 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Well, I am probably one of a gazillion new visitors to this board after the newsletter came out, but it could not have come at a better time for me! On Monday, after a weekend of particularly naughty eating, I decided to turn over a new leaf and nominated my friend as my "diet coach" so I reporting in to her daily anyway. But the more people I am accountable to, the better I live alone, so if I eat an entire batch of cookies, there is no one to stop me!

Anyway, my goal is to lose the 5-7 lbs that I have gained in the past 6 months. I know it is not much, but when your pants are too tight, it is time to take action. I am a runner but have not been able to run since Oct. due to tendenitis (sesamoiditis) in my left foot. It is soooo frustrating, I have not been able to do ANY cardio. I have done pilates, which I love, but it doesn't burn enough calories. However, I have not changed my diet to eat less to balance out the calories I am NOT burning. So of course I have gained weight. Luckily this week the foot has shown improvement and I have started walking on the treadmill. Not many calories burned, but better than nothing. So hopefully I am on the right path now and with everyone's help hopefully I won't stray (too far;)

Today's food intake:
Breakfast - OJ w/fiber, cream of wheat (made w/soy milk) topped with dried mango. Coffee w/cream&sugar (naughty but impossible to give up)
Snack - apple
Lunch - Lemon pepper turkey on sourdough with mustard and soy cheddar.
Dinner plans: zuchini,yellow squash, and peppers sauteed w/mushrooms in olive oil and garlic served w/penne and TJ's roasted red pepper marinara. And maybe a small glass of 2 Buck Chuck Merlot if I am good

Thanks for the support!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Perfect timing! Just started diet . . . new
      #153160 - 02/23/05 10:09 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Well, I am probably one of a gazillion new visitors to this board after the newsletter came out, but it could not have come at a better time for me! I have a feeling your right!! On Monday, after a weekend of particularly naughty eating, I decided to turn over a new leaf and nominated my friend as my "diet coach" so I reporting in to her daily anyway. But the more people I am accountable to, the better This is SO true!! I live alone, so if I eat an entire batch of cookies, there is no one to stop me! Oh, I know... it was hard to be good when hubby was out of town for 6 weeks...nobody to scold me!

Anyway, my goal is to lose the 5-7 lbs that I have gained in the past 6 months. I know it is not much, but when your pants are too tight, it is time to take action. Hey, what ever YOUR goal is.... is what we will support your with! I am a runner but have not been able to run since Oct. due to tendenitis (sesamoiditis) in my left foot. Oh, that SUCKS!! I had a mild case of that about 2 years ago, thank goodness that let up! I feel your pain.. It is soooo frustrating, I have not been able to do ANY cardio. I have done pilates, which I love, but it doesn't burn enough calories. However, I have not changed my diet to eat less to balance out the calories I am NOT burning. So of course I have gained weight. Luckily this week the foot has shown improvement and I have started walking on the treadmill. Not many calories burned, but better than nothing. Yes, so very ture! So hopefully I am on the right path now and with everyone's help hopefully I won't stray (too far;) Sounds like your headed in the right direction!

Today's food intake: (I quoted your report and put a link to this, in the thread called "REPORTING IN - 2/23/05" just so that everyone would see your efforts for the day! I will comment over there on this portion of this post.
Breakfast - OJ w/fiber, cream of wheat (made w/soy milk) topped with dried mango. Coffee w/cream&sugar (naughty but impossible to give up)
Snack - apple
Lunch - Lemon pepper turkey on sourdough with mustard and soy cheddar.
Dinner plans: zuchini,yellow squash, and peppers sauteed w/mushrooms in olive oil and garlic served w/penne and TJ's roasted red pepper marinara. And maybe a small glass of 2 Buck Chuck Merlot if I am good

Thanks for the support!!! You bet!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

welcome... new
      #153212 - 02/23/05 11:14 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

btw- have you thought about a stationary bike? just I know that the issues that you describe can be resolved.....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 232 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2225

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review