All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 2/23/05
      #153071 - 02/23/05 06:34 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 2/23 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 2/23/05 new
      #153156 - 02/23/05 10:04 AM
Shell Marr

Sparky's 1st Report In

Quote:

Today's food intake:
Breakfast - OJ w/fiber, cream of wheat (made w/soy milk) topped with dried mango. Coffee w/cream&sugar (naughty but impossible to give up)
Snack - apple
Lunch - Lemon pepper turkey on sourdough with mustard and soy cheddar.
Dinner plans: zuchini,yellow squash, and peppers sauteed w/mushrooms in olive oil and garlic served w/penne and TJ's roasted red pepper marinara. And maybe a small glass of 2 Buck Chuck Merlot if I am good

--------------------

#153167 - 02/23/05 10:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Sparky's 1st Report In

Quote:

Today's food intake:
Breakfast - OJ w/fiber, cream of wheat (made w/soy milk) topped with dried mango. Hey, dried mango, that is a great idea!
Coffee w/cream&sugar (naughty but impossible to give up) I did not see this

Snack - apple

Lunch - Lemon pepper turkey on sourdough with mustard and soy cheddar. Oh, YUM!! Was is like turkey lunchmeat or like thicker turkey breast?

Dinner plans: zuchini,yellow squash, and peppers sauteed w/mushrooms in olive oil and garlic served w/penne and TJ's roasted red pepper marinara. Sounds fabulous! And maybe a small glass of 2 Buck Chuck Merlot if I am good

--------------------

#153210 - 02/23/05 11:13 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Thanks, Shell, for the comments here and in my other post. Btw, of course I saw your article and thanks again for sharing your story!! You and your hubby look GREAT in the "after" picture. I can sympathize about being sick on planes - I was stuck on a flight from Louisville to Detroit on a plane with no working bathroom and the worst stomach ache of my life! I ended up passing out from it and freaked everyone out and they called paramedics to meet us at the gate even tho I came to by then. The EMTs had to go in the bathroom with me at the airport. . . soooooo embarassing! But anyway -

The turkey was lunchmeat, got it in the deli. Yeah, I thought dried mango was a good idea too until I got it home from the store and saw there was added sugar! So I will stick with dried apricots and golden raisins, which have a lot of sugar but at least it is "natural" and not refined.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#153231 - 02/23/05 11:33 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Thanks, Shell, for the comments here and in my other post. Btw, of course I saw your article and thanks again for sharing your story!! You and your hubby look GREAT in the "after" picture. Thanks! I can sympathize about being sick on planes - I was stuck on a flight from Louisville to Detroit on a plane with no working bathroom and the worst stomach ache of my life! I ended up passing out from it and freaked everyone out and they called paramedics to meet us at the gate even tho I came to by then. The EMTs had to go in the bathroom with me at the airport. . . soooooo embarassing! But anyway - Oh, how scarry and embarassing!

The turkey was lunchmeat, got it in the deli. Yeah, I thought dried mango was a good idea too until I got it home from the store and saw there was added sugar! Oh, shoot!! I just read on the recipe board where you can dry your mango slices in the oven... I will do some more research on that and let you know. So I will stick with dried apricots and golden raisins, which have a lot of sugar but at least it is "natural" and not refined.

--------------------

healthy again.. so reporting in... new
      #153248 - 02/23/05 12:02 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

cheerios and rice milk- breakfast
luna bar- snack
1 cup vegetarian chili and 1 baked apple- lunch
luna bar- snack

DH got me a chicken burrito to reheat for dinner!

exercise- dug out trash cans, slid under car and got trash can to curb, put out 10! empty 5 gallon water jugs as well!

I will use the elliptical machine at the house this afternoon. I'll start riding a bike again on Fri. Monday I helped friends move and even got the mattress and box spring down 2 flights of steps.. and yesterday was my first day back at work, and I walked the aisles of meijers and grocery shopped after.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Day 16 NO SUGAR! new
      #153256 - 02/23/05 12:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm on day 16 no sugar! i don't even crave the stuff! Eating soooo healthy! Rice pasta, veggie soups, 1 apple, 1 pear, and a 3rd fruit every day (yesterday it was red grapes), drinking TONS of water and teas, lentils and beans, doing yoga twice a day and biking once a day....feeling GREAT (minus the migrianes...but they seemed to be triggered by the computer screen ).

Chewing my food nice and slow. Posture looking good! BMing daily (and I'm IBS C!) Lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks! Yippeeeee!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#153275 - 02/23/05 12:57 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

B - 1 packet Oatmeal + 1/4 cup Oatmeal, 1 cup soymilk, 1 piece French bread
S - 1 serving Honeycombs
S - Luna bar
L - leftover pasta with chicken, broccoli and marinara sauce, piece of french bread, antidepressant brownie
S - banana & low-fat cinnamon graham crackers before w/o
S - 1.5 cups Lite chocolate soymilk, 1 scoop Chocolate Soy Protein powder, 1 tsp Glutamine
D - 1.5 servings Chik'n Nuggets with 1 cup steamed green beans, 1 cup pineapple chunks, peaches & mandarin oranges

Total: 2024 cal*, 30g fat, 125g protein

*too little calories - I'm still recovering from being sick, but I need to add about 300 more calories per day

W/O: Lift Chest, Shoulders & Back - 45min, Stair Climber - 30 min

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Doing better this evening... new
      #153276 - 02/23/05 12:58 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...I've had 3 glasses of water and made a big veggie and quorn risotto for dinner. Had tinned pears for pud - Dahlia/Ruchie, do you count tinned fruit as proper fruit? It seems like a cheat to me, but as I'm so IF sensitive it's the easiest way for me to eat lots of fruit.

Tomorrow WILL be better!

What's tinned fruit?
      #153283 - 02/23/05 01:11 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Sounds like he water's coming along...keep drinking it! What is quorn?

Hope Dalia finds her way to this post....she could def. help.
(Maybe I can after I know what you're eating )

Keep well Linz! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 70010

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review