All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 2/21/05
      #152400 - 02/21/05 10:31 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 2/21 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

gym question new
      #152455 - 02/21/05 12:23 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

hey ya'll.. I just joined a gym!

I know.. kinda stupid considering tufts has a gym we can use.. but at the same time.. it was a good deal and I can now take classes, and not run into everyone I know.

Anyways.. what are the most effective ways to lose weight.. is it possible to do so taking classes, beacuse I think that that is what I am most interested in, and most of my reasoning behind joining a real gym, rather than just going to the tufts gym.

oh and I had no motivation going to the tufts gym.. i'm hoping that i'll get some now that i'm paying out of pocket to go to this place.

--------------------

Edited by spicey813 (02/21/05 12:24 PM)

Re: gym question new
      #152457 - 02/21/05 12:30 PM
Shell Marr

What gym did you join? What classes to they offer? The one that burns the most calories that I take is Kickboxing... and then there are also step & cycling classes that really burn the caloires too! Be sure to get a weight class in there too!!

--------------------

shell new
      #152494 - 02/21/05 01:57 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

hey shell.. I joined work out world.. but the website doesn't give the classes...

they have basically everything. tae chi, step aerobics, back and butt, ab attack, muscle conditioning, zamba, hip hop aerobics, belly dancing, kickboxing.

there are no cycling classes, though.. but there are step. I thought that you went to alot of classes, so I was wondering if you work out in addition to the classes etc.

--------------------

This is what I try to do each week.... new
      #152501 - 02/21/05 02:08 PM
Shell Marr

Well, these sound like the ones that I do or have tried

step aerobics (Step)
ab attack (Ab Express) - This class is too early in the day, so I can't take it.
muscle conditioning (ReP - weight resistance training or Body Sculpting)
kickboxing (Turbo Kickboxing)

This is what I TRY to do each week....
Monday: Kickboxing + maybe 20 mins cardio
Tues: Body Sculpting + at least 20 mins cardio, sometimes more.
Wed: Monday: Kickboxing + maybe 20 mins cardio
Thurs: Rep + at least 20 mins cardio, sometimes more.
Friday: 20 mins cardio, sometimes more and then Yoga.
Sat or Sun (other day I take off): Sometimes Rep + at least 20 mins cardio, sometimes more. OR 45 + mins cardio, depending on my schedule.

--------------------

my gym wrote to me... new
      #152506 - 02/21/05 02:15 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

got a postcard today saying that the "hadn't seen me for a while"
I WILL GO BACK! Maybe tomorrow...

--------------------
S.

Re: my gym wrote to me... new
      #152529 - 02/21/05 03:45 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

oh no.. sinead.. thats annoying! no one wants that reminder. haha

Thanks shell.. I think i'll stick with doing a least a little cardio before going to class. I am looking to lose about 15 pounds.. so I'm just trying to find the best way to do so.

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 2/21/05 new
      #152630 - 02/21/05 07:49 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Ok Ladies.. time to get serious.. haha I say that everytime.

Breakfast- toasted oatmeal squares. (not a full serving)

Lunch- 6 mccains smiles, and 1 small crab cake (baked not fried)

Snack- pirates booty (1serving)

Dinner- chicken broccoli and ziti.. so yummy

Snack- about 4 pita chips with hummus and baby carrots.

Exercise- I joined a gym today! yay.. so about 350 calories burned on the eliptical and 8min abs.

--------------------

#152649 - 02/21/05 08:43 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hullo!
Exercise: I spent about half an hour speed walking and then spent over three hours running around the house, cooking and stuff, so I said 30 minutes of walking. Burned: 153 calories.
Food Budget: 1378 calories.

Breakfast: English raisin muffin with strawberry jam = 187 calories (but I only ate about 3/4 of it). Apple mango sauce = 93 calories = 280 calories

Lunch: Kinda missed lunch 'cause I had exams today - Had a Luna bar between classes and some pretzels, then 3 arrowroot cookies = 325 calories

Dinner: Orange Glazed Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Onions from EFI (Thanks, Heather!! - That recipe is SO GOOD) with Jasmine Rice and 2 thin slices French Bread while I was cooking = 412 calories

Dessert: 1 and a half pieces of Peppermint Fudge Cake - I finally made it! with the mocha glaze = 206 calories, without the glaze.. so I'm not sure how many to add for the glaze..

For a total of: 1223 calories + the glaze.. so if that's less than 155 calories, it is in my goal!!

And I am supposed to have 80 oz of water a day - today I have had... 64 oz - I will drink some more water now and have some peppermint tea later.

Side Note: I started to feel kinda bad because I didn't get any time to do any exercise today, but then I think I had a really productive day. I got up early, spoke to some people about jobs, sent off resumes and stuff, made an appointment to get my hair cut (woo hoo), 2 hour History Lecture, 2 hour psychology exam, went to the optomotrist, grocery shopping, making dinner AND cake.. this is the first time (except for in school) I have sat down all day! I have one of those good 'I got everything that needed doing done' feelings now, and can relax and watch TV for a while and have some boyfriend cuddling time!

Cheers all!!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#152656 - 02/21/05 09:06 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......

My BMR = 2408 + I burned 1654 calories 25 minutes on Elliptical and THEN 60 minutes Turbo Kick Boxing Class - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2341 calorie food budget .

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nuts N Cranberry Luna bar & Water

Lunch : 297 calories Subway Sandwich (6" White w/Tuna, Easy Lettuce and Pickle) & water

After the gym: 150 calories Poweraide

Snacks during the day: 576 calories 2 Bing Cherries, Baked Lays, JB's & Water

Dinner: 703 calories Shell shaped pasta (TOO MUCH) w/Jennie-O Turkey Breast Chunks In Homestyle Gravy (*note: there is some dairy in this, so it may not be safe for some), Green Beans & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1898.25 calories

Total Water intake = 64oz so far

I WIL NOT have UFO w/more water. So that WILL NOT add 250 calories for a total of 1898.25 still in my budget

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 76 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12127

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review