All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Shell? Something's not right if you get sick everytime you fly.
      #150943 - 02/16/05 05:11 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

What is it, do you have a clue?

Anyone else have tips so Shell doesn't get sick when she flys?

Is part of it stress?

Kandee

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shell..How bout "Airborne".. new
      #150966 - 02/16/05 06:16 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I was just on line looking up this very question! They make a herbal supplement called airborne. It says to take it before you fly, go into germ infested places. Some school teacher invented it.

I'm flying to Disney in April and am so afraid I will catch some kind of cold from all the germs in a plane. I was going to ask anyone on the boards if they have ever taken this "airborne"?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#150986 - 02/16/05 07:10 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

I tried taking it the last time I was getting sick. I think that I waited too long...because I still got sick...but I kicked it pretty fast. Maybe it did help some.

I think that one of the reasons why people might get sick while they fly is because they do not keep themselves hydrated. When you are at 35,000 feet, the inside is like being at 7,000 (according to my DH). The air inside is also very dry...making dehydration more likely to occur. Make sure that you drink plenty of fluids (non caffeine or alcohol). I would also recommend that you try some saline nasal spray. This keeps the nasal passages moist and less likely to be irritated. And, I hope that I do not have to state the obvious here...WASH YOUR HANDS...and keep some of the germacidal gel available in case you can't. And lastly, try not touching your face. If you pick up a virus and touch your face, then you might have an entry point.

Hope that helps

#151069 - 02/17/05 06:36 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

The problem with airborne is it has sorbitol in it, so if you're sensitive to that (I know I am!), it would be a problem.

How about echinicea (sp?) and/or some vitamin C or actually I read something yesterday about how Vitamin E is better for a cold that Vitamin C?

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#151144 - 02/17/05 08:04 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I don't remember if she said she takes this or not. I know Shane does.

Another thing is to tank up on LOTS of water. Stress plays a big factor as well.

One of my fav is Acute Cold and Flu Formula by Buried Treasure. I even take it as a preventative. A tablespoon every couple of days during the season and I never get a cold. (they have one for allergies too)

Kandee

--------------------

"Airborne" new
      #151255 - 02/17/05 10:52 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Well, like a fool.. I did not take any Airborne becasue I had gotten a flu shot this year and did not think I would really get sick.... stuipid me...

Oh well, I started taking Cold Ez last night and have notice it is getting a little better.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

flying and sickness new
      #151346 - 02/17/05 02:28 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I ALWAYS get sick every time I fly too, I get sinusitis and nasty sore throats,when I went to Lanzarote with my Mum in November I got a respiratory infection that took a week off work to fix and I am home from the US trip (with NINE flights in fifteen days)two weeks and have swollen glands and a nasty sore throat.

I will have to see if airborne is available here for my honeymoon, definitely don't want to be sick on that.

S

--------------------
S.

Re: Karen, thanks for the advice! new
      #152431 - 02/21/05 11:36 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I feel so better knowing that there is at least something I can do to try to prevent getting sick in the air! I often use saline spray (babies "little nose" brand)when I feel any type of sinus infection or cold coming on and it has always helped me.

I'm glad you talked about drinking lots of water too cause with being on Bentyl that is a dehydrating medication so I will definitly drink lots and lots of fluids on the flight too! My husband thinks I'm nuts but I tell him to just leave me be and all will be fine!

Now how to figure out how to NOT get my "time of the month" for my trip . I'm afraid my calculations are showing that I'm due to get it either the day before we leave or the day we leave! Oh to be a woman !!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 156 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4213

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review