All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 2/15/05
      #150564 - 02/15/05 07:08 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 2/15 here.... mine will follow later.... I will be posting HERE on this board rather then the "Vegas" board from now on.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 2/15/05 new
      #150571 - 02/15/05 07:16 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Well, I have gone to the gym twice so far this week...although I was there in body, I was "doggin" it today. I just didn't feel like being there. My instructor is pregnant and hasn't been there for the past two days and so it isn't the same without her.

But I have attended a Cardio Blast and a Body Blast classes. I have also discoved I have lost 5 more pounds so now I am down 11 pounds! I am so excited!!! My goal is to lose about 40lbs so I am pluggin away!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#150572 - 02/15/05 07:16 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Boy... I sure would like to join in on this. I've been contemplating it for a while now. I just really really want to start getting into an excercise routine and stay at my current weight... I just don't have the enthusiasm or energy! I think I eat fairly well, I just have a really bad habit of choosing to read or knit rather than go to the gym... of which I do actually have a membership for.

Where do I start?? Please help!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#150575 - 02/15/05 07:21 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Boy... I sure would like to join in on this. I've been contemplating it for a while now. I just really really want to start getting into an excercise routine and stay at my current weight... I just don't have the enthusiasm or energy! I think I eat fairly well, I just have a really bad habit of choosing to read or knit rather than go to the gym... of which I do actually have a membership for.

Where do I start?? Please help!!

Take your book with you to the gym!! Get on a bike or elpitical... even if you not going fast fast.... you can still kill two birds with one stone!!

--------------------

#150576 - 02/15/05 07:23 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Well, I have gone to the gym twice so far this week...although I was there in body, I was "doggin" it today. I just didn't feel like being there. My instructor is pregnant and hasn't been there for the past two days and so it isn't the same without her.

But I have attended a Cardio Blast and a Body Blast classes. I have also discoved I have lost 5 more pounds so now I am down 11 pounds! I am so excited!!! My goal is to lose about 40lbs so I am pluggin away!

Oh,, I'm soooo proud of you sweetie!! I know it is hard... but your getting great results already!! Keep up the good work!! I LOVE taking classes at the gym... it is a little strange at first but then you get to know the regulars and might even make some great friends... heck I'm going to a Bday party for one of the girls this Thurs!!

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 2/15/05 - my first time! new
      #150585 - 02/15/05 07:54 PM
RachelT

That's a really good idea! I think I'll do that! Thanks. Now, as far as reporting in... should I still report my daily meals, etc?

Well... I think it'll be good for me to report my meals, so here goes...

Breakfast - oatmeal w/ syrup and rice milk, 1/2 a grapefruit
Lunch - PB&J on wheat bread, potato soup, 1/2 cliff bar
Dinner - spaghetti w/ plain sauce, small lettuce & spinach salad w/ Newman's Own Vinnegarette dressing
evening snack - handful of pistachios
total water - approx. 64oz

I have absolutely no clue as to how to figure out my calories or fat intake, so I'll just leave that out.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Edited by RachelT (02/15/05 08:27 PM)

#150590 - 02/15/05 08:13 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

I walked on my treadmill! It has been a challenge because it needs to have some repairs done...the belt slips and I have to hang on sometimes!

The parts should arrive tomorrow. Remember...it is a good idea to purchase a service agreement. Even though you might not think that you need it, you might need it. This machine still has 10 months left on the agreement. When it gets fixed, it will almost be brand new.

See ya tomorrow!

#150593 - 02/15/05 08:16 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Yeah, I haven't reported in for a while... birthday weekend and all that, there's no way I was keeping track.

Today was pretty bad, mostly because I haven't gone shopping and there's not much in the house... I will do better tomorrow!

Breakfast: double serving of honeycomb
Lunch: this is sad, but I don't remember if I ate lunch or not!
Snacks: jelly on toast, ff saltines, cake
Dinner: chicken breast & oven fries

Food & drinks total: 1651
Fruits & veggies: 2 potatoes... SO BAD today!

Activity:
random housework -100

#150596 - 02/15/05 08:55 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I read somewhere if you just tell yourself you're going to get dressed to go, and that's it...that you'll likely go.

I do that every morning...I have no intentions of going, just get dressed for the part. Once I'm dressed for working out I say "what the heck" and get in the car and go.

My only bad habbit is that at the end of Jazzercise they do floor work, and I HATE it (plus it hurts my back), so I don't stay for that...I figure my 45 minutes cardio 5-6 days a week and another evening of yoga is fitness enough.

Kandee

--------------------

I thought you all were MIA for a minute... new
      #150597 - 02/15/05 09:12 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I didn't see any reports on the LV board so didn't know what was up for a minute....duh

Now the poor Vegas boards will be dead for a while..........that is unless soon there will be other gatherings we don't know about...

My own report isn't good ....major attacks again..I think it was just to much of a good thing...not necessarily UFO's (well, except for the chocolate binges) but just too much INsoluble fiber stuff (salad, fruits, nuts, etc. plus a bit too much stress thrown in for good measure)....that all caught up with me..so I'm having my "Puff Party" ....translated it means Puffed Rice, puffed corn, puffed millet.........and some rice milk on top...that's about it for a few days (breaking the cycle you know!!) until I can get back to feeling normal.

Kandee

--------------------

#150631 - 02/16/05 02:55 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

being sick- I ate hardly anything, and worked but didn't work out- basically slept the rest of the day...trying to force myself to eat more each day, btu when everythign tastes awful and your nose is going and your coughing up solid chunks of icky stuff, its hard..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#150670 - 02/16/05 07:05 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Breakfast: 2 equalactin, toasted plain bagel with pumpkin butter
At work: cup of unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 piece of spinach bread with leftover spaghetti with tomato sauce from V-Day dinner, 2 pieces of spiced peach cake, 1/2 piece of spinach bread with potato gnocchi with rice cheese and garlic pepper
At class: animal crackers from vending machine (I was falling asleep in class and was really hungry, made sure I brought more food from home today just in case)

water: 60 oz

exercise: 20 minute walk to work, 20 minute walk home from campus, both with laptop bag, 2 hour class of answering freshmen's questions, but not nearly as much running around as Monday

Yay for the new board! Thanks, Heather!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Spinach bread... new
      #150710 - 02/16/05 08:29 AM
atomic rose

Is that a recipe from here? Or something you have in a cookbook? I love spinach and that sounds gooooood....

Re: Spinach bread... new
      #150729 - 02/16/05 09:09 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Got it from here, here's the link: Spinach bread

Both the bf and I thought it could use more spinach though. So next time I'm going to try it with 1 cup of spinach instead of the 1/2 cup the recipe calls for. I love spinach too! Before I got IBS, spinach and feta cheese pizzas from the local grocery store were my favorite!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#150762 - 02/16/05 10:27 AM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

been a while sence i came to this board so here's my update.
I think my last post was at about 10/24/04 so my weightloss from then is;
start
3/8/4 338
Date lbs
10/30/4 285
11/4/4 282
11/14/4 280
11/23/4 278
12/6/4 278
12/17/4 275
1/6/5 270
1/16/5 268
1/22/5 266
1/28/5 265
2/11/5 262

weightwatcher with no exercise till about a mouth ago with 20min walks a day. and i've been laxing with the walks.

p.s. my avitar is an old picture, about 310 lbs there.

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

Edited by Luther Maze (02/16/05 10:31 AM)

#150772 - 02/16/05 10:49 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

been a while sence i came to this board so here's my update.
I think my last post was at about 10/24/04 so my weightloss from then is;
start
3/8/4 338
Date lbs
10/30/4 285
11/4/4 282
11/14/4 280
11/23/4 278
12/6/4 278
12/17/4 275
1/6/5 270
1/16/5 268
1/22/5 266
1/28/5 265
2/11/5 262

weightwatcher with no exercise till about a mouth ago with 20min walks a day. and i've been laxing with the walks.

p.s. my avitar is an old picture, about 310 lbs there.

Luther that is FABULOUS!! That is 76 pounds!! Congrats..... give us samples of what you are eating each time you report in would ya....??

--------------------

#150900 - 02/16/05 04:06 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......

My BMR = 2408 + I burned 544 calories doing housework (was too sick to go to the gym....I always get a cold after I fly ) - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 1706 calorie food budget.

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nuts N Cranberry Luna bar & Water

Lunch : 297 calories Subway Sandwich (6" White w/tuna, easy lettuce & pickle) & Water

Snacks during the day: 76 calories bing cherries (milk choc covered) & Water

Dinner: 600 calories? GUESTAMENT ONLY Nachos (not baked) Corn Chips, w/Soy Cheese, Guac, & FF Sour Cream & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1145.25 calories

Total Water intake = 64oz OK, but I really need to drink more I started taking a One A Day vitamin last week and I really notice if I don't get enough water...due to the iron.

I DID have UFO w/more water. That added 250 calories for a total of 1395.25 still in my budget

--------------------

#150910 - 02/16/05 04:26 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

That's a really good idea! I think I'll do that! Thanks. Now, as far as reporting in... should I still report my daily meals, etc? Yes, please do!

Lunch - PB&J on wheat bread, potato soup, 1/2 cliff bar (which flavor bar?)
Dinner - spaghetti w/ plain sauce, small lettuce & spinach salad w/ Newman's Own Vinnegarette dressing

I have absolutely no clue as to how to figure out my calories or fat intake, so I'll just leave that out.

--------------------

#150911 - 02/16/05 04:27 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I walked on my treadmill! It has been a challenge because it needs to have some repairs done...the belt slips and I have to hang on sometimes!

The parts should arrive tomorrow. Oh good! Remember...it is a good idea to purchase a service agreement. Even though you might not think that you need it, you might need it. This machine still has 10 months left on the agreement. When it gets fixed, it will almost be brand new. Thanks for the pointer...

See ya tomorrow!
Happy Treading!!

--------------------

#150912 - 02/16/05 04:29 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Yeah, I haven't reported in for a while... birthday weekend and all that, there's no way I was keeping track. I hear ya Sister...

Today was pretty bad, mostly because I haven't gone shopping and there's not much in the house... I will do better tomorrow!

Breakfast: double serving of honeycomb
Lunch: this is sad, but I don't remember if I ate lunch or not! brain fart...we all have them!! lol
Snacks: jelly on toast, ff saltines, cake
Dinner: chicken breast & oven fries

Food & drinks total: 1651
Fruits & veggies: 2 potatoes... SO BAD today!

Activity:
random housework -100

--------------------

#150913 - 02/16/05 04:30 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I read somewhere if you just tell yourself you're going to get dressed to go, and that's it...that you'll likely go. I've done this too on the weekends.... and I always end up going!

I do that every morning...I have no intentions of going, just get dressed for the part. Once I'm dressed for working out I say "what the heck" and get in the car and go.

My only bad habbit is that at the end of Jazzercise they do floor work, and I HATE it (plus it hurts my back), so I don't stay for that...I figure my 45 minutes cardio 5-6 days a week and another evening of yoga is fitness enough. Yes, you are doing great with that amount!

Kandee

--------------------

Re: I thought you all were MIA for a minute... new
      #150916 - 02/16/05 04:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I didn't see any reports on the LV board so didn't know what was up for a minute....duh

Now the poor Vegas boards will be dead for a while..........that is unless soon there will be other gatherings we don't know about... Nah, it will be busy busy soon....

My own report isn't good ....major attacks again..I think it was just to much of a good thing...not necessarily UFO's (well, except for the chocolate binges) but just too much INsoluble fiber stuff (salad, fruits, nuts, etc. plus a bit too much stress thrown in for good measure)....that all caught up with me..so I'm having my "Puff Party" ....translated it means Puffed Rice, puffed corn, puffed millet.........and some rice milk on top...that's about it for a few days (breaking the cycle you know!!) until I can get back to feeling normal. AAAwwwhhhh...... I'm sorry you are/were not feeling well.... but at least you know how to get yourself stable again...that is so important!

Kandee

--------------------

#150917 - 02/16/05 04:34 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

being sick- I ate hardly anything, and worked but didn't work out- basically slept the rest of the day...trying to force myself to eat more each day, btu when everythign tastes awful and your nose is going and your coughing up solid chunks of icky stuff, its hard.. EEwww..... yuck!! lol Hope you feel better soon.... I've been sick myself always happens after I fly.....

--------------------

#150920 - 02/16/05 04:36 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast: 2 equalactin, toasted plain bagel with pumpkin butter I still have to try this!!
At work: cup of unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 piece of spinach bread with leftover spaghetti with tomato sauce from V-Day dinner, 2 pieces of spiced peach cake, 1/2 piece of spinach bread with potato gnocchi with rice cheese and garlic pepper
what a wonderful variety of food.... need to check out that spinach bread too!
At class: animal crackers from vending machine (I was falling asleep in class and was really hungry, made sure I brought more food from home today just in case) See, and you have a plan...good girl!

water: 60 oz

exercise: 20 minute walk to work, 20 minute walk home from campus, both with laptop bag, 2 hour class of answering freshmen's questions, but not nearly as much running around as Monday

Yay for the new board! Thanks, Heather! Yes, thanks Heather!

--------------------

#150921 - 02/16/05 04:38 PM
RachelT

Quote:

That's a really good idea! I think I'll do that! Thanks. Now, as far as reporting in... should I still report my daily meals, etc? Yes, please do!

Lunch - PB&J on wheat bread, potato soup, 1/2 cliff bar (which flavor bar?) chocolate chip peanut crunch... mmm yummy!

Ok... so now I've finally found my work out tennis shoes and will hopefully make my way over to the gym tomorrow.
As for today... I will post that seperately tonight.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#150924 - 02/16/05 04:40 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Lunch - PB&J on wheat bread, potato soup, 1/2 cliff bar (which flavor bar?) chocolate chip peanut crunch... mmm yummy! UUmm... that does sound yummy!

Ok... so now I've finally found my work out tennis shoes and will hopefully make my way over to the gym tomorrow.
As for today... I will post that seperately tonight. Sounds like a plan!! See ya tonight....

--------------------

Thank you! new
      #151446 - 02/17/05 07:39 PM
atomic rose

I'm going to try this, with your modification. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Re: Spinach bread... new
      #151452 - 02/17/05 08:01 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Can you make this without a breadmaker?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19027

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review