All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Feeling pretty good
      #149674 - 02/13/05 07:35 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Hey All. Sorry I haven't been reporting in. I've been trapped at school doing moot court, so I've been ordering in or eating a lot of random stuff. I have no idea where I'd even begin to calculate calories, so I'm just trying to be sensible. I've been seeing my trainer twice a week and I am totally noticing results. Saturday night we went to a club for my SIL's 24th, and I felt so good about how I looked. I wore a really low-slung pretty pink skirt, all loose and layery, and a fitted black top that only came down to my natural waist. I was showing lots of midriff and feeling really confident because my tummy looked really flat and my hips looked good. Probably helped that I'd had SEVERE D, pure water, all day long (I had salad, silly me). Not that I'd ever want D again, especially with all the pain, but it does make you look like you've lost a few pounds! It's been so hard to be careful about what I eat, but I really need to pay more attention. I was in the law school multi-stall restroom for almost an hour, wondering if I was going to pass out from the pain. Plus before that I had to run out of our practice session twice. Everyone obviously knew what was going on, so I felt kind of embarassed. Oh well, such is IBS I guess. At least Saturday night was fun! Today I've stuck to Potato Buds pretty much all day, and I'm feeling much better.
You all seem to be doing really well with the dieting and exercising -- keep it up!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling pretty good new
      #149816 - 02/14/05 08:27 AM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Sounds like you had fun. I went out on Sat nite too.It's the worst when you get sick while your out. I remeber one time I got super sick in a bar. I wasn't even drinking, but it was so hot and smokey...thought I was gonna pass out!

Yeah I need to lose weight. My doctor had me on zoloft to control my IBS. I gained like 20 POUNDS!!!! I was so mad! Needless to say I'm off that. I try to go to the gym 2/3 times a week, but I never lose any weight? It's so discouraging. I just started the IBS diet. Even before that, I always pretty much ate healthy. Weird, huh. Anyways Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm back from my weekend with a cute boy! new
      #149891 - 02/14/05 11:00 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

It was soo soo sooooo fun.. and I loved every minute of it. we havne't had the what are we talk yet though.. but its def fun how it is for now!

--------------------

Yay Ashley..more info please! N/T new
      #149911 - 02/14/05 12:03 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

--------------------
S.

more info! new
      #149922 - 02/14/05 12:17 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

hmm.. well..

lets see.. Halfway through december I was at my friend chris house.. got drunk.. saw this kids picture and said wow he's really cute. (it was chris' bestfriend from home).

so chris called his friend the next day and just randomly said.. hey my friend ashley thinks your cute.. im her. So he did.. and since we've talked on the phone everday and he's come out to visit me and i've gone to visit him.

So far we've really hit it off and he's so incredibly cute! The only crappy part is that we both have another year of school left, so until then i'm stuck here and he's stuck there..

but we're gonna see what happens, cause as of now we love talking and hanging out!

We just spent the weekend hanging out on the couch watching bball- but it was incredibly fun (haha which is how I can tell I like him). We also went out to dinner, and he gave me a tour of the city etc.

Anyways.. fingers crossed that he likes me even more now.. cause we haven't talked about it yet. I might mention something on the phone tonight.. who knows. Any suggestions?

--------------------

Re: more info! new
      #149998 - 02/14/05 02:22 PM

Unregistered

Aww that's so exciting! Funny how things like that just work out sometimes. Well I really hope things work out and good luck if you bring anything up on the phone tonight since I have no advice.

Oh hey by the way..I meant to ask you - I'm coming up to Boston with my family the end of June because my one younger brother is going to this weekend music thing at Berklee (he's thinking he wants to go there) so we decided to go up there for a week since my mom used to live up there and we've all never been. So any advice or anything you have would be fantastic! Do you know and cute hotels or anything in that area?? So excited!

Wahoo go ashley....Im in the same boat as you...... new
      #152091 - 02/20/05 06:22 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey ashley,

Dont know if you've read about my twin situation....if u dont and are interested to find out I'll find a link for you let me know...anyways...am in exactly the same boat as you....I was the one who liked him(like you) things were set up by friends....and its now a month on and since that first night we met we still havent had the whats happening and do you like me conversation. Im dreading it....never had to do it before....I never usually am the one who says they like someone and something happens. I am so stressed about it....the whole thing is actually really fun and Im loving every minute but I dont know how to bring up the subject cos I know he wont. I think he does like me but doesnt know what to do about it. We sorta have a bit of a plan...cos we played a naughty prank on valentines day to someone in his flat cos of something he did last year....and anyways we've made out like we got into a lot of trouble for doing it with the management in our halls...and theyre in on it too...hehe....anyways....we're planning on holding a dinner party/get together on tues night to get the whole flat round as an apology....that will mean dan will be here and I will get a chance to get him on my own....will probably need a few bacardis before hand...but hey....we shall go through this together girl....nice to know Im not the only one...hey do you have messenger????

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Wahoo go ashley....Im in the same boat as you...... new
      #152212 - 02/20/05 03:49 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

haha thanks natalie!

I do have msn messenger.. did you add me to your contacts already?

I know.. it is fun.. but at the same time its like spit it out. haha.. he's said he's really liked me a ton.. but at other times said he's not ready for anything serious.. which is ok by me too.. cause usually things get serious on their own and don't need to be planned out... but regardless... getting boys to answer to anything is a pain in the butt. haha! I mean I'm a girl.. so of course i'd rather have him just fall in love with me.. instead of get scared and act all "boyish". boys and their fears.. drives me crazy.. but then again, I guess alot of girls have fears about commitment too.

This is the first time for me too noticing the boy and saying hey.. I like you. Usually I find out that someone likes me first. fingers crossed.

good luck with the twin! let me know how it goes!

--------------------

#152215 - 02/20/05 03:52 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I missed this til now. Sounds fun Ashley, relationships like that are so much fun starting out. Nat and You had better keep sharing and keep the excitement up for us old (almost)marrieds!

Where is he based i missed that, and how long does it take you to get there?

Hope you are having fun!

--------------------
S.

#152225 - 02/20/05 04:37 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

in new york.. and its only about an hour flight at most.

but to drive.. its more like 6-7 hours.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 70 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16534

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review