All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Getting back on track
      #98748 - 08/16/04 04:39 PM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Well after two weeks of eating bad and having another attack on Saturday which made it two in a week I have decided that I need to get back on track. I went on vacation and then just really busy at work and just didn't think of it. Now after going through what I went through on Saturday I want to be good again. I want to make it a month without having an attack. Having gone through that just made me cry, I know that its my fault but..... I really hate having this.. I know that we all do but I just want to be able to eat like everyone else. I want to be able to have that piece of candy or some ice cream. I took my niece out on Saturday and I was feeling so yucky. Well just needed to get it out. Thanks for listening.

--------------------
Michelle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Getting back on track new
      #98750 - 08/16/04 04:52 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I know, it's so hard isn't it. If you know what you should be doing then get back on the wagon and you should see an improvement.

#98753 - 08/16/04 04:57 PM
karmakatt

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Massachusetts

yup, you got the right idea, just get back on track... but i hear ya about wanting to eat like normal people... restaurants are the worst...as you know too well, it's just not worth it.

in heather's book it talks about 'substitution not deprivation'... i am trying to adopt that thinking, it's so hard but it will get easier once its put into practice... do you like to cook? there are SOOOO many recipes here, maybe you could make a bunch of your favorite safe indulgences for when you need a boost? or snoop the boards for other safe treats. thank goodness, sugar is safe safe safe!

hang in there, you're on the right track!

ps: tootsie roll midgees ROCK! (my purse is now full of them)

kk

My purse is full of tootsie roll midgies, too ! -nt- new
      #98768 - 08/16/04 05:51 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

What tootsie roll midgees? new
      #98781 - 08/16/04 07:02 PM
mspaschal259

Reged: 05/28/04
Loc: North Carolina , USA

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

#98787 - 08/16/04 07:35 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I know it is very difficult when you are on vacation and it's hard to give up your favorite things, especially when everyone is eating normal or eating what you love in front of you. The worst is when I am at a party and people ask, "Why aren't you eating." I hope one day, I can get over the fact that I cannot eat normal, such as ice cream, cakes or dairy, that is what I miss most!!! Hopefully, when I start taking Acacia, I will be stable enough to add in some of my old insolubles, I would be happy if I could atleast eat some things again, such as veggies and fruit.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#98951 - 08/17/04 04:45 PM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Yes it is hard to give up your favorite things like cheese and having tacos and things like that. I just want to thank everyone for their posts it helps alot. I just needed to vent because of how much I hate having this but it could be worse and I have to think like that.

--------------------
Michelle

#98971 - 08/17/04 05:43 PM
dmosher

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: New Hampshire

I agree - this place has been a wonderful escape and the responses from people are awsome - but I know what you mean...today was a bad day, partly because last night was bad - we live across the street from the 99 - it is a resterant for those not in this area...my boyfriend and I use to go all the time and are favorite was the buffalo wings and the steak tips... ...last night he wanted to go over and for a brief second I wanted to say ok what the heck...but I knew I could not and it really bothered me into today...I too want to be able to go anywhere and eat anything - and then when I get really down I realize that so many things could be a lot worse...and then I realize how thankful I should be for even finding this website and the diet because it has helped remarkably...

--------------------
Donell

#98975 - 08/17/04 05:49 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Quote:

I hope one day, I can get over the fact that I cannot eat normal, such as ice cream, cakes or dairy, that is what I miss most!!! Hopefully, when I start taking Acacia, I will be stable enough to add in some of my old insolubles, I would be happy if I could atleast eat some things again, such as veggies and fruit.

I don't know if this helps but our very own Bevrs looks at it this way. Eating ice cream, cake and dairy IS NOT eating normal. It's eating unhealthy!! She says this diet is a godsend because it forced her to do what she knew she should be doing all along -- eating healthy, including veggies and fruit!! The typical American diet is extremely unhealthy and it's killing us. So we can be smug and superior because we're the ones who are eating normally -- not them!!

PS If that helps, Bev gets full credit. If you think it's stupid then I obviously misquoted her!! Just kidding!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#98978 - 08/17/04 05:50 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh, good for you, Donell! What a great attitude!! Keep up the good work, sweetie!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2504 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 988

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review