All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bloating
      #9843 - 05/23/03 08:19 PM
niki

Reged: 05/23/03

hello everyone! help!!y stomach pain is awful.it doesn't matter what i eat. i am on 4 meds and awaiting my 2nd colonoscopy and gi endoscopy wed. any help out there.
i am using heathers book. no luck yet. niki

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bloating new
      #9852 - 05/23/03 10:29 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi,
There are lots of past threads on bloating so you might want to try a search for that.

From everything I've read on this board it seems to me like bloating is probably the hardest of all IBS symptoms to completely control. There are lots of things you can do to ease it a bit (exercise, fennel tea, not over eating, being active after meals, yoga etc) but there doesn't seem to be a sure way fire way of really controlling it.

I suffer from it myself and it is so uncomfortable. I live for night time at the moment when I can put on a comfy old nightie that doesn't press on my tummy at all.

I really feel for you and know what you're going through. I hope it eases up for you soon,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#9898 - 05/25/03 09:54 AM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

hi ,
Just to let you know i also am really suffering from bloating pains at the moment and it kilss me - so if i come across anything that really helps i will let you know!! xx

#9899 - 05/25/03 10:02 AM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I personally find peppermint tea and even a hot water bottle on the tummy helps (most of the time, and sometimes it seems as if nothing can help!)

Leanne

#9914 - 05/25/03 05:04 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03

Fennel tea is great for gas and bloating. Peppermint tea is excellent as it can actually dull the pain. Sometimes walking after a meal can help a lot. As can any light exercise. Eat slowly, chew thoroughly. That can also reduce gas "intake".

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#9921 - 05/25/03 07:20 PM
Lisa from LA

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Currently: Raleigh, NC Formerly: Lafayette, LA

I am not sure whether you suffer from IBS C or D but I worked in natural medicine for 3 years and one of the things that I learned that has helped me the most with gas and constipation is a heating pad, wool cloth and castor-oil. Put some castor oil on a wool cloth then place the cloth on your tummy. On top of that, place a bath towel then the heating pad (the towel prevents the oil from saturating your heating pad). Lay down for 45 minutes. You should notice some gas movement within your tummy. Do this for a few days if necessary twice a day. This helps any congestion and mucus pass that may have been produced by bread or dairy products. And remember to drink your tea. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Castor Oil and heating pad... new
      #9986 - 05/26/03 02:16 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

This works wonders, I used to have bad bladder spasms and couldn't go to the bathroom and my mom was the one that told me to do this and it worked. Also it relaxes you.

#9987 - 05/26/03 02:35 PM
Georgette

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Kamloops B.C.

Hi Niki
I've been on the IBS Diet for almost 2 months and I'm still having so much trouble. I'm on holidays this week and I've been sick most of the time, oh well at least I didn't have to miss any work. I'm having a really rough day today. I go see a Nutrionist tomorrow and I'm hoping she will be able to help me. I'll let you know what she has to say. When I'm like this all I can do is drink tea and maybe have some Cream of Wheat.
Georgette

I have a question... new
      #10029 - 05/26/03 07:43 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

Does anybody know of anything to help with intestinal gas/bloating besides Charcoal capsules?
Apparently, Phasyme doesn't help with intestinal gas.

Thanks!

Re: I have a question... new
      #10046 - 05/27/03 05:37 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03

Fennel tea is wonderful for bloating.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#14666 - 07/23/03 09:45 AM
mmacrobbie

Reged: 02/12/03

silly question in reqards to this, does it 1-have to be castor oil (what exactly is the benefit of this oil as opposed to like peppermint oil), and can it be any cloth, assuming that wool absorbs more, but wasn't sure if there is some kind of benefit of the material also.

thanks

#14722 - 07/23/03 08:36 PM
Lisa from LA

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Currently: Raleigh, NC Formerly: Lafayette, LA

Yes, it has to be castor oil as it helps break down congestion and mucus. The wool cloth helps it penetrate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1460 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3019

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review