All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
newly diagnosed
      #96964 - 08/09/04 07:28 PM
41DMBFAN41

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I have recently been diagnosed with IBS. I am 29,and remember having all the symptoms from age 6. I was always told it was my nerves,I ate too fast,blah,blah,blah. I just feel like I have no life. I worry about going places and having an attack,this controls my life. I am going on my first cruise for a week next month,and am scared as heck. I feel people aroung don't understand what I go thru,to them it is just another stomach ache,but it is a big deal to me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Go Shopping! new
      #96966 - 08/09/04 07:38 PM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

Click on "Shop for IBS" and get the Peppermint caps and the Acacia fiber. Start taking them right away. Read all of the information on this web site, and then, when you have questions, ask us.
For your cruise, just make sure to stay away from "trigger foods" and try to relax and have fun.
The people here are very helpful, I am sure that you will get the help you need here. Remember that the only stupid question is the one not asked.
Good luck and welcome aboard!
Leslie

Welcome! new
      #96968 - 08/09/04 07:39 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hey, we're the same age, and we've had symptoms about the same amount of time. Fun stuff, huh? Well, I hope you'll find Heather's diet guidelines and the support here as helpful as I have, too. Welcome aboard! Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

Re: newly diagnosed new
      #96984 - 08/09/04 09:07 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Welcome, DMB! I'm 28 so I'm also in your age bracket.

Definitely start to use the information on this site, and you will start to see such a positive change! The most important things for me have been taking a daily fiber supplement (START SLOWLY) and keeping a food diary. Paying that much attention to what I put in my mouth really helped to clear up what I could and couldn't eat!

Good luck, and welcome!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: newly diagnosed new
      #96985 - 08/09/04 09:14 PM
Jayne in Japan

Reged: 07/14/04

Hi & welcome! Cruise sounds like a great idea, once you've located all the toilets on the boat, you'll be able to sit back and relax!! Have a great time!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 835

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review