All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: I'm mainly C.... new
      #98335 - 08/14/04 07:08 PM
Charlotte

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX

I just ordered more Acacia powder a few days ago from Heather & decided I'd try the hot/cold packs. If I could find something I can use at work that helps the bloating and pain I would be in heaven!! I sit a lot at work unfortunately and even with walking twice/day during my breaks I still look like I'm 6 months pregnant by the time I've worked 8 hours.

I'll be counting the hours till the mail comes - has anyone else had success with these packs?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #98353 - 08/14/04 09:07 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

everyone try taking the digestive advantge. its helping me with c. i ben on it for 2 days now. its for bloating, dirrea, gas, constipation, and cramps. www.ganedenbiotech.com you try free samples first. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Re: C's un-anonymous new
      #98374 - 08/15/04 12:50 AM
jasperlovel

badthing hope you feel better this week. jasper.
were all here to help you

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Re: C's un-anonymous to bad thing new
      #98375 - 08/15/04 12:56 AM
jasperlovel

badthing i eat the gronola bar before going to bed. then i move bm as soon as i wake up. jasper

--------------------

#98385 - 08/15/04 07:37 AM
ssr

Reged: 06/29/04
Loc: St. Louis, MO

good idea! I am IBS-C, sort of...colon seems 'lazy', prone to lots of gas, bloating and doesn't want to 'do anything' on its own. Have used various fibers on/off for years and stimulated it with hot liquid. Nothing seems to really solve or get me 'regular'. Have been through all tests, incl. fructose intolerance, LEAP food sensitivity test, etc. etc., seen lots of alternative docs in addition to traditional. Happy to share and hopefully help...however, am trying not to log on here too often...its an obsessive enough problem! Will check in once/twice per week.

Re: I'm mainly C.... new
      #98477 - 08/15/04 02:08 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Charlotte, and welcome! I'm D not C, but I noticed that you just joined the board recently and I wanted to say hi! Lots of folks here swear by Heather's acacia or the SFS of their choice. I've joked that I would inflict bodily harm on anyone that tried to take mine away from me!! And we IBS-D folks also bloat up and get that really attractive preggy look!! At one point we were threatening to start our own comfortable clothing line!!

Anyway, welcome and looking forward to getting to know you!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#98551 - 08/15/04 07:52 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Hey guys! I'm IBS-C, and the one thing that helps me is Metamucil I know Heather says some people have bad reactions to it, personally it works great for me! So I recommend you guys try it a bit and see how it works, personally it's the only thing that works. And it also helps me to eat more kinds of foods without attacks.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Yep - it's not safe, and it can cause bowel addiction new
      #98649 - 08/16/04 11:09 AM
sirigul

Reged: 08/16/04

A recommendation to you might be to try an SSRI (Selective Seritonin Reuptake Inhibitor)called Paxil (Also used to treat anxiety). Of course I'll leave it up to you to do your own research, but some studies show that IBS can be related to seritonin levels in the lower intestine (Studies show that Seritonin is found more in the lower intestine than the brain). Theoretically your bowells are depressed. I fully believe this medication may be of assistance to you. sirigul@bellsouth.net

Hi ssr :)
      #99463 - 08/19/04 01:07 PM

Unregistered

Hi ssr I'm glad you like my idea, hon.

So sorry to hear that you are another IBS sufferer. In fact, your gut sounds just like mine.

No matter WHEN you come here, it will be good to share with you.

Take care and let us know how you are feeling, ok?

Hi fishnets :)
      #99464 - 08/19/04 01:14 PM

Unregistered

Hi fishnets I've done some research about Metamucil and notice that like you guys say, it can have bad reactions in some people (I think it can cause gas, bloating, etc.) which to ME is enough to say "no thanks" to it. Anyway, it seems our individual systems are VERY individual since if this stuff works for you, then that's something to celebrate!

I hope you have many good feeling days/nights.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 489 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201129

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review