All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: Nice to meet you too Marilyn! new
      #98127 - 08/13/04 02:20 PM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

I was glad to find this site when I did!! I know you will benefit just as much as I have.

--------------------
~Wookie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I have made a decision on how to treat my C new
      #98129 - 08/13/04 02:22 PM

Unregistered

My fellow C friends, After having lol "digested" all of your thoughts, ideas and information that you have been so kind enough to share with me upon this board, I have decided that I must give Oxy-Powder a chance to see what it can do to hopefully change my system. I have read their website from beginning to end and I have already sent in my order a little while ago.

Now I fully realize that this cleanse will put my system through a rough time for a few days, but in the end I am hoping that it will truly do what it promises that it will do. If it works the way I am hoping it will, I intend to stay on their program for the rest of my life.

I would like to let you know what my experience with it will be. In the meantime, I am more than grateful to have this place to "talk" with you, and will certainly be here to share not only our problems with our C, but I hope to meet you in the Livingroom as well so that we can share more about our lives in general.

Take care all and I hope that this day will be a good one for you...

Re: Metamucil...isn't that the one that helps the volcano go everyday? new
      #98154 - 08/13/04 04:01 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

In Heather's book, she recommends Citrucel over Metamucil. I can't quite remember the reason why. She also suggests NOT buying the sugar-free kind. If you do buy it, start by taking it once a day in 8 oz. of water. It has a decent taste to it. I only use it once a day. It's supposed to help to regulate bowel movements.

Hope it helps you out!!

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #98178 - 08/13/04 06:29 PM
dmosher

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: New Hampshire

I am IBS-C, have been for about two years that I remember ... Diagnosed about 4-5 months ago - went on Zelnorm - for 6 weeks, cause severe D after the 4-5 week went off it had a bunch of tests done and nothing and have been doing this diet since last Thursday and my bloating and C went away and was having rgular daily BM every day until two days ago - I am tryingto figure out what I did different - but am not bloated...anyway, that is me - Donell...

--------------------
Donell

Re: Calling All IBS-C People/mineral oil new
      #98179 - 08/13/04 06:32 PM
dmosher

not with the oil but over the past maybe 6 months after 4-5 days of not going, and being so bloated it hurt to move I wodl go to the doctor and he had me do exlax, enima's, etc and I got sick from them and did not feel right inside...

--------------------
Donell

Re: Calling All IBS-C People/mineral oil new
      #98180 - 08/13/04 06:34 PM
dmosher

How long have you been doing Heathers diet??

--------------------
Donell

Re: Metamucil...isn't that the one that helps the volcano go everyday? new
      #98181 - 08/13/04 06:39 PM
dmosher

Some of the other fiber supp.'s have ingredients in them that cause bloating - met. and cit. are good for you - I found this out by reading her book - I had been taking (per my doctor) Benefiber chewable tablets the max in a day and it only made things worse - found out through Heathers book that Benefiber has Inulin in it which is know for causing bloating...

--------------------
Donell

Re: C's un-anonymous new
      #98182 - 08/13/04 06:46 PM
dmosher

That is what I am getting at - I am a C as well and just started this diet and found that if I go without eating anything for more then 3 hours the next time I do eat I feel like I am getting bloated...and the exercise is absolutely the key I had been walking at the gym almost 2 miles every day since I started the diet and the last two days I did not go and I can feel a difference - one ex. is I have not had a BM in two days - you would think that would not be a big deal cause I am use to waiting almost a week at times before I could go - lol...but since the day I started the diet I was haveing regular BM every morning...
Anyway just wanted to say how much I agree...

--------------------
Donell

Re: C's un-anonymous
      #98183 - 08/13/04 06:50 PM
dmosher

My goodness, yes your period defenitely makes it worse - I was on mine last week and seemed as the the blosting was twice the size and pain that it usualy is!!! But once I started a day or two later it got better...
I feel for you - There have been so many days I have just cried and cried cause it hurts and its ugly and you can fit into anything and no one understands they just look at you like you have five heads...
I am SO GLAD I found this website...I never knew how many people out there had what I had...and felt what I felt...
Hang in there...

--------------------
Donell

Re: Yep - it's not safe, and it can cause bowel addiction
      #98327 - 08/14/04 06:38 PM
Charlotte

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX

Thanks Heather for clarifying that MOM isn't good for us. I assumed my Dr. was correct since the bottle says Stimulant Free. I don't use it every day - probably only a few days per month. I feel like I take a ton of soluble fiber every day and still have trouble with C!

I suffered the worst IBS attack last weekend (I still can't eat anything other than soluble fiber). I've been unemployed since 11/03 and recently started working as a temp. I've always had a problem with anxiety (since I was a small child) and have found that stress/anxiety cause my flareups more than diet.

I currently take Bentyl when needed & Lexapro (an anti-depresant) once a day. This does help my anxiety somewhat but if I get really upset about something I know I'm going to have an attack within a day or so. Happens every time.

Besides being IBS-C I can't seem to avoid my body being full of gas even when I'm regular. Over the counter gas pills don't work. I exercise by walking 30 mins. every day. If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201125

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review