All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: I WAS strong but I'm still C and disgusted by it new
      #97618 - 08/11/04 05:32 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

I am IBS-C and have been following Heather's diet for about 3 months now. She recommended taking Citrucel (the powder-not sugarfree). I take it once a day every morning. That has helped me to have a normal bowel movement every morning. I only really go once a day, except when I'm having a bad IBS day of gas and bloating. That's when I struggle and barely nothing comes out.

Have you tried Citrucel?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Metamucil...isn't that the one that helps the volcano go everyday? new
      #97837 - 08/12/04 01:22 PM

Unregistered

Hi and thanks for caring enough to reply, mandm1129

No, I haven't tried this one yet but I think I will buy it and give it a go.

Take care...

Re: C's un-anonymous new
      #97843 - 08/12/04 01:27 PM

Unregistered

Jaspar, I just wanted to let you know that last night I had a granola bar before I went to bed and this morning I had a small (yay) but very painful (sob) poop. I think I'll keep eating the granola bars before bed, plus I'm going to start taking Metamucil and see what this combination does for me.

I am trying all of you guys' ideas before I get desperate enough to do "the cleanse." Did anyone see the movie, "Liar, Liar" with Jim Carrey? if so, do you remember "the claw?" lol anyway, thanks again for caring enough to share with me your particular method.

Take care...

Re: Calling All IBS-C People/Milk of Magnesia IT WORKS new
      #97948 - 08/12/04 11:09 PM
Charlotte

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX

I'm a IBS-C also and feel lucky to have found a Dr. who had many IBS patients - he suggested I take Milk of Magnesia (the Cherry flavor is good - Phillips brand) every evening with a glass of warm water (I couldn't do the warm water but a glass of hot peppermint tea works). The warm liquid helps the MOM work faster - like over night! He suggested I take 2 TBS at first and if that wasn't enough to increase it by 1 TBS or less till I was able to go the next morning without difficulty or it causing D. This really works and I can take it every night because there isn't anything in MOM that will hurt me.

Hope this helps and you all feel better real soon!!

Edited by Charlotte (08/12/04 11:19 PM)

Re: Hey Marilyn, I am a TOTAL IDIOT !!! new
      #97951 - 08/12/04 11:19 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Marilyn, thanks so much for the support, I have been away from my pc and tonight I found this reply from you.

I would love the chance to talk to you privately, I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and won't be back for about 9 days, I will be getting back with you after my return !!

You be sure to take care of yourself too, I am feeling alot better after eating rice and potatos most of the week, .

I hope your C gets better soon. Have you tried Acidophilus (sp)? I got mine at Wal Mart after reading a post on it here. Get the one with live cultures, I think they have it behind the counter. I just got mine in the vitamin section, it seems to work fine, though I do not take it every day. I just take it when I get desperate. It works over night for me. Try some.

bye.

Re: Metamucil...isn't that the one that helps the volcano go everyday? new
      #97952 - 08/12/04 11:22 PM
Charlotte

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX

Before you go buy Metamucil try Milk of Magnesia first. It really works for me. See my response above for full details.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but .... new
      #97972 - 08/13/04 05:49 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I thought taking Milk of Magnesia on a regular basis was not a good idea, and in fact, could be harmful. That is pretty strong stuff, and basically, like taking a laxative, such as ExLax, every day for the rest of your life. If you start taking it regularly, won't you become dependent upon it?

And I can't imagine taking as much as your doctor suggested. I'm C and when I take only 1/2 teaspoon of that stuff, I can't leave the house the next day for having such bad D.

Yes, my GI doc recommended I take it everyday too, but I thought he was a totally idiot---and I ran from him as fast as I could!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #97981 - 08/13/04 06:41 AM
carey28

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Boston, MA

IBS-C Unite!! I am wondering too about the milk of mag.--is it really bad for you?? When i get really desperate (once a month or so) I take a laxative, ex-lax usually..but I know it's not good for the body...isn't MOM the same??

Re: MOM has addictive agents
      #97983 - 08/13/04 06:48 AM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

My GI also had me taking MOM everyday in the beginning of my diagnosis. However, she weaned me off of it because it has ingredients that cause you to become dependant on it. Yes it works great but you don't want to become dependant on it. I suggest a SFS instead. Maybe slowly decrease the MOM and increase the SFS.

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: I am IBS-C -nt-
      #97984 - 08/13/04 06:49 AM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

--------------------
~Wookie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2662 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201259

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review