All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: Calling All IBS-C People/mineral oil new
      #97087 - 08/10/04 08:33 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I never used mineral oil, instead I would use prune juice!!! It would just make me feel ten times worse. I didn't actually start feeling better until I started following Heathers diet very strictly.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm mainly C.... new
      #97162 - 08/10/04 12:52 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

Patience and stress...two crucial stars in this play. It's not always easy for us is it? but AC, if we want to take care that we don't have a flare-up, we must continually try to be kind to ourselves. Do you mind if I ask what you do to de-stress?

Walking, yoga, meditation, having a purring cat sit on my belly, reading, watching the Weather Channel... There are many different things I do!

--AC

#97333 - 08/10/04 08:07 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

All those things AstroChick recommends (with the possible exception of TWC ) Plus...
I can't say enough about the hot pad. I did purchase one of the hotpads available on this site; it keeps its hot for a long time and the heat directly on the abdomen is very stress relieving, plus I actually think it's quite helpful in reducing bloating.

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #97574 - 08/11/04 03:26 PM

Unregistered

Hi Michele

I pooed yesterday but it was my usual hard and hurting experience and to tell you the truth, your Miralax Homepage is sounding very good to me right now.

I am also thinking of buying this stuff called Oxy-Powder Homepage because I am sick and tired of this problem already!

I WAS strong but I'm still C and disgusted by it new
      #97576 - 08/11/04 03:40 PM

Unregistered

Hi You Guys,

Yesterday I woke up, drank my fennel tea, ate my cheerios cereal and almond milk, had some graham crackers, drank water and then for dinner had salmon, baked potato and green beans. (I always eat 2 meals a day, brunch and dinner).

I went shopping to Wal-Mart, where I walked around the store for some exercise (I just LOVE this place, since I love to spend money .

In the evening I watched tv with my cat Furby cuddled against me, then had a nice, long soak in an aloe bubble bath while listening to music for half an hour.

Does this sound like a nice day to you, my new-found friends? well it would have been great, except for the fact that I had a horrible time on the toilet after brunch, straining until I passed a little, hard stool. (Don't you just love the fact that we get so descriptive at times, here?) . Anyway, I began the day full of good intentions (and full of you-know-what-else) and now I am about ready to buy that Miralax and/or Oxy-Powder!!!

#97578 - 08/11/04 03:49 PM

Unregistered

Oh sorry, Rachel. What a drag for you, hon. Do you mind if I ask what exactly it did to you? Perhaps everyone's system is different and that's why it works so well for Michele? Sometimes this whole thing gets me so !!!!!!!

#97584 - 08/11/04 04:01 PM

Unregistered

Hi dailiatree

Isn't it fun, having to live our daily lives with our bowels constantly on our minds? (nice image THAT brings up, doesn't it?)

Do you mind if I ask whether you go every day? After reading the Oxy-Powder website, I am beginning to think that we should all be going at least one time a day and right now I am finding myself fantasizing about this and how I would be to be able to do so.

#97588 - 08/11/04 04:11 PM

Unregistered

Hi AC (love your initials

The ones we have in common with one another are: having a purring cat sit on my belly (or against it) , reading, and watching the Weather Channel (right now it's 97 degrees, which could be much worse, like it was yesterday, at 104) . Nothing like a nice heat wave to make our stress levels rise. You should hear me tell everyone I know how much I love the guy who invented the idea for the air-conditioner.

Do YOU go every single day? I believe I'm beginning to become a bit paranoid about this...

Re: Happy Birthday Paula!!!
      #97591 - 08/11/04 04:16 PM

Unregistered

Glad you liked it, hon. Hope it was tasty. Did you enjoy your trip? I LOVE art museums AND who knows what else.

To my fellow idiot Gayla ;)
      #97604 - 08/11/04 05:00 PM

Unregistered

My mom IS hilarious, Gayla! you should hear some of the things that she says. My boyfriend Chris and I love to watch the news on tv with her...her comments always crack us up and these days we sure could use a few giggles while watching the news.

A BBQ? oh yum...lucky you and also unlucky you. I'm sorry you had to pay for your enjoyment of that food. BBQ is one of my very favorites and every time I have it, I TOO pay the price. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!! Well on the bright side, at least you were able to go to potty when you needed to. The last time I had BBQ I made the stupid mistake of thinking that I could go star-gazing with Chris and his mom and there were no toilet facilities within 20 miles of our spot. I was so sick in the car until we finally got to a gas station, that I didn't think I was going to make it in alive. It was one of the worst evenings I have ever spent and I will NEVER AGAIN eat something like that if I know that I will not be within 5 minutes of a toilet.

We now have two things in common, Gayla...although the family dynamics may be different, I am estranged from MY father as well and so in a way I understand what you are going through, my dear . I hope you have people around you for support...it's what you need in your life right now. I also hope that this situation resolves itself as soon as possible and that your sensitive system doesn't get too upset for too long. Do all of the things that you can do to de-stress it. It is vitally important that you take care of you too.

I'm glad that we met here and if you ever feel like talking more privately, please feel free to do so anytime that you'd like to.

Take care and try to keep a positive outlook you hear? I know it isn't always easy, but just try your best.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2484 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201253

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review