All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: C's un-anonymous new
      #96835 - 08/09/04 02:05 PM

Unregistered

Hi Anne

I believe that an A means alternating between D and C. don't you wish that we could all be R's? (Regular). Perhaps with Heather's diet we can achieve such a state. Oh wouldn't that be loverly?

As Heather has said, it's unfortunate, but most gastros are not as informed about IBS as we would like them to be. Hence, she has done an incredible amount of research on this subject and lucky for us, we have found this great place!

Like you, I myself am not stable either, although I have made a solid commitment to make it my business to be (why does this last statement remind me of my constipation?) anyway, from what a lot of people here say, it appears that our periods play a major part in our conditions, and that's great, Anne, that you found something out there to help you deal with it! How do you feel now? better I hope.

I've been wanting to go to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods and buy some guacamole and hummus. I'm sorry to hear that the hummus made you so sick. Do you mind if I ask you what it did to you exactly? Did you buy it or make it at home from scratch?

You're sooo right when you say that we need to take one day at a time, my dear. That in itself is a wonderful de-stressing thought. Let's try and keep to it...what do you say?

Take care,

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#96844 - 08/09/04 02:15 PM

Unregistered

Hi Jaspar

Ok! I'll try anything new. Well...maybe not a live bug... I'll have to try this snack of yours and let you know what happens. Do you go in the morning when you wake up? Do you eat this every night?

Happy Monday to you, too, dear. Have a good one in every way possible.

Happy Birthday Paula!!! new
      #96849 - 08/09/04 02:24 PM

Unregistered

Hi Paula, I hope you are enjoying yourself right at this moment. If you feel like it, please tell us what you did for your birthday.

http://www.specially4u.net/new/bd.htm

Don't worry about the cake being IBS safe...it's a pumpkin cake. Hope it tasted good.

Take care...

Re: Happy Birthday Paula!!! new
      #96857 - 08/09/04 03:26 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Many thanks for the IBS-safe cake. I'm taking a trip to Chicago tomorrow; Art Museum and who knows what else.

Re: Marilyn, you are an idiot just like ME !!! new
      #96992 - 08/09/04 09:38 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

HA HA ! Your mom sounds hilarious, I haven't heard that phrase in ages. I have been a badthing myself the last few weeks, we went to a BBQ Saturday night, they had every type of meat you could think of, I had the chicken (of course) and some brisket. That meat got to me, I have felt the need to stay close to the bathroom ever since. thbbtht.

I had some very sressful news Saturday afternoon involving my dad. We have been estranged for about the last 16 years, only seeing each other at Christmas. I can't talk about it all right now, still trying to digest it and figure out how I am going to help my brother sort this out. IT breaks my heart, can't say much more right now. My tummy has been hurting all day, Idon't think it is going to stop hurting until we get him situated and I don't know what that is going to take.

Love talking to ya girl, keep on laughing and joking, its the best way to make it through the day !! gayla

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #97008 - 08/10/04 03:13 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I am mainly IBS C, but have been known to swing to the D on occasions...but mainly spend my time making sure I don't get backed up. Eat only wholewheat bread (but no more then three slices a day), brown rice, vegies...and don't mix my proteins and starches at meals.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#97018 - 08/10/04 05:51 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

The hummas was store bought - but it had a low fat content. Anne

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #97065 - 08/10/04 07:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have been IBS C for about 19 years! About 3 years ago or so I started taking Miralax everyday and that usually prevents things from getting too backed up. I do get some D from the Miralax but its so much better than being stopped up!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Calling All IBS-C People
      #97069 - 08/10/04 08:02 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I've also tried the Miralax. I wish I could say the same thing...but it made things worse for me! (and I have a HUGE container of it, blah!!!)

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Calling All IBS-C People/mineral oil
      #97086 - 08/10/04 08:30 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I have been taking mineral oil for the c but then end up with d. It also seems to upset my tummy making it feel raw and hard for me to eat the next day but i do seem to be less bloated for a day or two. after a few days the c starts to come back. has anyone else tried this or had these results and side effects?
God Bless
Heather7476

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 986 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201224

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review