All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: I am a "C" new
      #96669 - 08/08/04 10:30 PM

Unregistered

Good evening, Rachel you, my dear, are very disciplined! Since reading the diet for IBS here, I've begun eating more rice and potatoes and pasta and I haven't gained any weight from them.....yet. I've also stopped eating eggs (do you eat Egg Beaters, btw? I've tried them and they don't seem to sit too well with me). I also eat mayonnaise without yolks (Best Foods® Just 2 Good!® Reduced Fat Mayonnaise http://www.bestfoods.com/products_mayo.asp#just2good
What does it taste like? well...it doesn't taste like the mayo that I've loved ever since I could remember, but I am a tuna fish salad nut and so I eat this with tuna, mixed up with onion and garlic powder. Yes, I know...I miss carbonated drinks too. I long for a Coke - oh how I long for a Coke...every time I drank one, disasterous results would follow and so finally I realized there was a connection between the bloat, gas and cramps and sadly had to give it up.

That's great that the Slim-Fast doesn't have a bad effect on you! I wish it had the same effect on me. I tried to drink it but it gave me gas and bloat.

I hear you about the cheese. I love it too but I know I have to stop eating it and so I've been cutting down on it gradually and feeling better as a result. This darn IBS!

I've never been a coffee drinker but I can definitely sympathize with your loss of it.

Rachel, may I ask you what happens to you if you DO indulge in these things?

That's wonderful to know that prayer helps you. We have to and SHOULD do whatever calms our spirits (and guts). When I don't feel well, some things that help me are: I try to lie down and either watch a comedy on TV land or a favorite movie, cuddle with my boyfriend (he's a great tummy massager ), cuddle with my cat (his purrs are music to my ears), drink a hot, soothing cup of herbal tea, listen to music, read a book.

I know that I must become disciplined every day rather than infrequently, but I guess I am doing it by baby steps at least, because I DO feel better than I did before I came here.

I hope you are feeling well.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #96670 - 08/08/04 10:49 PM

Unregistered

Hi Ibsed So you belong to another IBS board? well I'm glad that you decided to join our little group of C's as well, since the more interaction we have with one another, the more support we can give and receive.

I myself have not been tested by a GI doctor, and so my IBS diagnosis has come from my family internist. Judging by my symptoms (Believe me, I have classic IBS with C) and so I'm sorry but I don't know very much about low motility and what the normal size of a colon should be. Perhaps somebody else on this board will be able to address this for you. I honestly hope so, for your sake hon.

Have you been to more than one doctor for a diagnosis? Do you mind telling us what your symptoms are now? How do you feel these days with your condition? I hope we can be of some help to each other here.

Feel good...

Re: C's un-anonymous new
      #96671 - 08/08/04 11:21 PM

Unregistered

Hi Paula LOL Nothing like a great sense of humor to get a person through this life of ours, hon!

So you have a birthday tomorrow? I hope you will have the BEST one that you have ever had!!! Do something to celebrate the beautiful person that you are, while eating all of the IBS safe foods, of course, so your tummy will celebrate the day as well).

It sounds to me as if you've already given yourself a great present, since you already had that light bulb go off over your head in regard to getting a handle on your IBS symptoms.

Thanks for such a detailed outline of what your eating/exercising day is like. I have always had an addictive personality and am so undisciplined with my body that it's really quite shameful. As a result, I am still struggling with downsizing my portions. As far as meals go, I eat two meals a day (brunch and dinner), a handful of pretzels for a mid-day snack, plus an evening snack of either some graham crackers or a couple of rice cakes and I try to drink 64 oz. of water when I'm good. I've printed out Heather's guidelines for eating with IBS. Now all I have to do is actually FOLLOW THEM for more than a few days at a time.

A Harry Potter fan, huh? well...I've read all the books and seen all of the films except the latest one so I guess we have HIM in common as well. That's a great idea to listen to books on tape. A great way to relax, especially while walking or biking or swimming. LOL Well anyway, you're RIGHT - I SHOULD try this for myself. Maybe while I am on the treadmill that my cat uses for a bed?

So you DID give some revelations you see, and I thank you for taking the time to speak out. Also thanks for trying to recruit some more C's to this meeting. I hope that they hear you and get on over here soon.

Feel good...

#96672 - 08/08/04 11:44 PM

Unregistered

Oh I'm sorry, Rachel, that you're feeling so down. But despite your mood now, I sense that your humor is still intact. Do you have a list of de-stressors that you can do for yourself? if so, just try and relax and de-stress if you can. At least you decided to let your feelings out...this alone is a little de-stressor. I realize that this is far easier said than done, especially at this not so fun time of the month. It's just not fair! having IBS is bad enough...but getting sick on top of it is just too darn much and it makes me so . I hope that by the time you read this message, you will be feeling much better than you did when you wrote yours.

Whatever it is that has caused this problem, did you see a doctor for some advice for it, hon? If I could wave a magic wand, I would do it right now.

Feel better soon...

Re: This seems to work for me TODAY new
      #96674 - 08/09/04 12:37 AM

Unregistered

Ah gigi...here it is again...our old nemesis, stress. Don't you just love it when you hear the infamous them always say, "Avoid stress." If someone could please tell us how we could achieve this, I think they would be the richest person in the entire world. anyway, hon, I know what you mean from one more sensitive soul to another.

Those smoothies sound really delicious and seem an excellent way for us to get our fruit without causing us trouble in the tummy. For mine I would use Almond milk instead, since I tasted it and am absolutely crazy about it now. I've never yet attempted to make a fruit bread, but I think I will take your advice and try it this coming week for sure. I do drink herbal teas like fennel and peppermint and also some other flavors just to keep from getting bored. As I've said before, I am a very BADthing, as I don't have much discipline when it comes to my health. However, lately I've been thinking that I am sick and tired of getting IBS attacks and so I feel that I am ready to start taking better care of me. As the ape says in one of my favorite movies, "The Jungle Book," oooh, oooh, oooh, I wanna be like you-ooo-ooo..." LOL speaking of being like you-ooo-ooo, I TOO eat rice with chicken soup broth mixed in it and in addition, I like to add some chicken as well as cooked veggies like a can of salt-free Veg-All to the whole mess. I love this dish. Asparagus!!! I didn't even THINK of it!!! thank you my dear, for reminding me of it. Perhaps if I add it in, I won't be so C for a day.

LOL this whole Statue of Liberty thing is really hilarious. It reminds me of my mom, who has a favorite saying, "Why don't you stick an umbrella up your a-- and open it up?" she's too, too funny.

You know a sense of humor is such an important characteristic for a person to have and I'm so happy to see so many people with it here.

Hope the stress levels stay as low as they can...

Tomorrow I am going to be strong!!!! new
      #96675 - 08/09/04 12:54 AM

Unregistered

My dear fellow IBS-C's, tomorrow I will wake up and be a stronger me, I promise!!!! I do not want to continue to be as wishy-washy as I am. I want to feel good and not do anything that will hurt me. I KNOW what to do thanks to this website and all of YOU. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my first note. I feel so empowered and wish you all the best.

I hope to be able to continue our discussions. I'm ready to go to sleep with an enthusiastic heart.

Good night and I hope you all feel better tomorrow.

#96711 - 08/09/04 08:38 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I am a C as well. (not sure what an A is...) Anyway...have been recently diagnosed and came to this diet after several failed diets recommended by the Gastro guy. For the most part am doing well...though I am definately not stable. My period was a problem - but found Estroven PMS and that seems to work well. Last week had hummas and that sent me off in a tail spin, but am on track again. I take each day as it comes. Anne

#96730 - 08/09/04 09:12 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

HI EVERYONE IM C MOST OF THE TIMES. IM NOT D MUCH ANYMORE.
TRY EATING A HONEY OAT GRANOLA BAR BEFORE GOING TO BED. IT DOES HELP ME GO BM. HOPE EVERYONE IS FEELING GOOD THIS WEEK.
ITS ANOTHER MONDAY. JASPER

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

I'm mainly C....
      #96801 - 08/09/04 12:19 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

...although if I'm really stressed, I go to A. I am having great results with Heather's diet, although stability has come very slowly.

My key things on top of the regular emphasis on soluble fiber are: exercise daily, insolubles at every meal unless I'm seriously in A land, and lotsa liquids.

--AC

Re: I'm mainly C....
      #96829 - 08/09/04 01:47 PM

Unregistered

Hi AC

It's good to hear that you are in a stable place from this diet, even though it may have taken you some time to arrive there.

Patience and stress...two crucial stars in this play. It's not always easy for us is it? but AC, if we want to take care that we don't have a flare-up, we must continually try to be kind to ourselves. Do you mind if I ask what you do to de-stress?

You know when I read your key things for stabilization, it made me think of us as a certain type of delicate flowers...we have so much in common with them, after all. Basically we need love (and support), fresh air, sunshine, natural food and of course the hydration.

Have a beautiful day and I hope you feel well.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1519 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201235

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review