All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)
Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #166599 - 04/03/05 12:02 PM
sweetasc6h12o6

Reged: 03/22/05
Loc: Saint Louis, MO

Hi everyone! I'm IBS-C. I was diagnosed with IBS 7 months ago and the C didn't start until about 5 months ago and is just getting progresivly worse. I started taking 1 heaping TB of Metamucil last Sunday (what a way to celebrate Easter! ) and all last week until Thursday I was having BM's every AM after breakfast. But starting last Thursday, despite taking the Metamucil every AM, I'm not getting any BM's. I'm so frustrated and don't know what to do. I figured 1 heaping TB was enough for me...but I'm wondering if I should start taking 1 TB twice a day? That's not dangerous is it? And besides getting the fiber supplement, I'm making sure to get 25-30g of fiber a day (from foods I eat). I'm all confused on what to do now....I couldn't be more frustrated and being 20 doesn't help because when C gets bad I look like a big bloated balloon...which isn't attractive and had to dress around Help please!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

123Linda: France, New member needs gluten free help new
      #191588 - 07/04/05 07:09 PM
David Hilton

Reged: 06/14/05
Loc: Australia

123Linda, you still watching?

How are you doing with your search for gluten-free foods in France? I have coeliac disease and IBS so I can sympathise.
I've seen some of the Australian 'Orgran' products overseas and heard that a company called 'Dr. Schaer' does gluten-free products in UK and Europe. Have you seen any of these there? What did the French coeliac society have to say about products there? I'm interested to know how you are going with that because I hope to take my family to France for a couple of weeks in a couple of years but am worried about finding safe food for my two diets (IBS and gluten-free). One false step, especially with gluten, and I'll have a terrible holiday.

I'm curious to know where in France you are and what you eat to deal with your gut.

I'm a C too! new
      #191620 - 07/04/05 09:34 PM
Safari567

Reged: 06/05/05
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada

Between EFI diet and zelnorm, the C isn't as bad as it has been. Still experiencing regular pain though. I generally experience at least a twinge of pain every time I eat something, even if it's considered a safe food. At least it's tolerable for the most part

I really like the idea of having a separate message board for the C's out there. I would love to learn more about tips and tricks that work for others!

Has anyone tried a liquid fast for a day or two to ease bloating? I've been really tempted to spend a day or two eating nothing but bread, rice, broth and tea just to flatten out my tummy a bit, but I haven't been ambitious enough to do it. I really think this would work for short term relief. Just curious what more experienced IBSers think of this.

Re: I'm a C too! new
      #191638 - 07/05/05 02:03 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It was generally agreed that separate boards just wouldn't work as IBS isn't that simple.

Remember that an empty tum is a bloating trigger, so a fast isn't a great idea. However, a day or two on the Breaking the Cycle diet is always a good plan if you don't feel stable enough - it gives your body a break.

Are you drinking fennel tea?

How do I get off of it then, Heather? new
      #247527 - 02/20/06 10:23 PM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

I've been taking up to 4tbs of this stuff for nearly a year now every night and it still isn't very effective. I take Miralax, citracel, flax seed, magnesium pills and beano with this and it still does nearly nothing for me.

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

#247530 - 02/21/06 04:34 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I'm an IBS-C! I'm here to help in any way I can & am up for suggestions that others might have. Count me in!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#247577 - 02/21/06 09:51 AM
Serenity64

Reged: 09/02/05
Loc: Illinois

Hi, I'm Diane, and I'm IBS C too.

--------------------
IBS C, Spasms

#247683 - 02/21/06 04:38 PM
penpal

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Pacific Northwest

I've had IBS-C for seven long years (mostly night time pain). I've recently found this site and I'm trying different things - especially eating SF foods at each meal. I'm becoming much more aware of what I'm eating. No wonder I was suffering so much when I did the low carb diet!

--------------------
Penny

Re: Calling All IBS-C People
      #247684 - 02/21/06 04:46 PM
Liza

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: NJ

Hi! I'm an IBS-C with spasms and IC interstitial cystitis. Would love to converse with anyone who has the double whammy too!

Liza

Wanted to add my story
      #247728 - 02/21/06 06:59 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I was diagnosed with IBS-C in July 2004 (day after I got back from honeymoon), had symptoms for at least two years prior. Got pregnant in 2004, had a miscarriage in Sept. 2004. Got pregnant again in October 2004. Had horrible horrible bloating, constipation, abdominal pain throughout my pregnancy.

Starting April 2005, I started the IBS-100 Audio Program and was completely symptom-free the day my son was born on July 6, 2005.

I tried to follow the Eating for IBS Diet back in 2002 when I started feeling like crap, but it was too hard for me to maintain. I'm lazy, I guess.

I currently am taking GNC's chewable Papaya and one Digestive Advantage IBS and one Digestive Advantage Gas Prevention daily. I do not follow any sort of diet, but try and limit calories.

I find that when I overeat, I tend to feel the same symptoms as I felt when I had the IBS bad. Then I try and eat more in hopes that more food will "move things along". Thus the cycle begins. I'm trying to control this part, though.

I would say that I feel good 90 percent of the time, compared to feeling good 40-50 percent of the time before the hypnotherapy.

Thanks for letting me add my story!

--------------------
~jules

Edited by jules (02/21/06 07:09 PM)

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1329 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201233

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review