All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)
To Kerri new
      #120759 - 11/10/04 05:48 PM

Unregistered

Hi Kerri I realize I am butting into your question to Kree (sorry) but I just wanted to say that as an ex-teacher assistant who worked at a particular job in an area that I loved for 14 years and then had to quit due to CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) AND IBS kicking in because I was switched to another department in the same school that I didn't love, I definitely know what the combination of teaching and stress can do to your system.

Glad to hear that you are doing better these days my dear, and I hope both yourself and Kree (Hi Kree) feel good more days than not.

Take care...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

To Badthing new
      #120807 - 11/11/04 12:48 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Thanks for the support. Exactly what I needed today. Just want to leave the office and cry at the moment. Major bloating, C and pains. Take each day as it comes right? Thanks again. Your words came at the right moment.

I'm going on the Rice Diet!!!!! new
      #123467 - 11/19/04 12:54 AM

Unregistered

Hi Guys I've been feeling so great and optimistic about myself lately that I just made another decision regarding my health. Right after Thanksgiving (yes I WILL be careful on that food-filled day and hope that YOU will be careful too) I'm starting a diet plan in order to lose weight which is called the rice diet program and I bought this book for it which is called, "The Rice Diet Report."

Some of you may have heard of it - it has been around for a lot of years.

In case anyone is interested, here is their website.

I am planning on staying on Phase I of the plan, which includes as a main component of its diet, only rice and fruit, which I will eat according to the IBS guidelines that I have learned upon Heather's fabulous website. This means I would eat white rice, cooked fruit and/or fruit which has been peeled, plus a good, multi-vitamin pill and at least 48 oz. of Dasani water (I LOVE Dasani!) lol.

Well I just wanted and needed to share my news with all of you, since I really feel that you would honestly care.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! new
      #124637 - 11/22/04 11:30 AM

Unregistered

http://www.yahoo.americangreetings.com/view.pd?i=96669256&m=6924&rr=y&source=yahoo999

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #124650 - 11/22/04 11:54 AM
prtyblueeyz

Reged: 12/19/03
Loc: USA Michigan

Hello every one!
My name is Jenn, I'm 30 and I too have IBS-C.
I was diognosed May of 2003, I do however know I have had this all my life. I can say for me following Heathers diet is what has changed my life for me. I am pretty much regular and don't ever really worry about not being able to go. I eat a lot of carbs, I love baked potato's the skin is really good for you. I love salad but there are times even if I eat some thing before I eat it, I just suffer but I take that chance because being regular is so important to me. Since starting Heathers diet I have lost over 100lbs and still keeping it off. I do know that stress along with anxiety can make for some serious problems. I try to keep stress out of my life as much as possible but if I can't I have found ways to deal with it. I looked up online different ways of coping with stress, journaling can help believe it or not. I am not the one to preach on excercise, my fingers get more typing during the day then anything else on me. I am starting to work out slowly and finally after a year I can now drink water with out feeling sick.
I thought this thread was a great idea and had to add that!

Take care
Jenn

Hi prtyblueeyz :) new
      #124662 - 11/22/04 12:51 PM

Unregistered

Glad to meet you, Jenn but sorry that you too have IBS-C.

WOW!!! you lost 100 lbs. on Heather's diet?! that's so FABULOUS, hon. You must be more than happy these days as far as your body goes - not only because you've stabilized your system, but to have lost so much weight while DOING it, has to be just such a wonderful feeling. I myself would love to lose 50 lbs. and am going to start the Rice Diet after Thanksgiving.

Yes...stress and anxiety...two horrible halves of the same coin that seem to be linked to our IBS <sigh> Congratulations on yet ANOTHER discipline in your life, Jenn - Journaling! I know that it helps immensely when you write your feelings out.

I really have a lot of respect for you and the way in which you've uplifted your life.

BTW, I TOO love writing with Incredimail.

You take care TOO, my dear and I'm very pleased that you like this thread.

#124751 - 11/22/04 06:06 PM
Sharon Mello

Reged: 08/23/04
Loc: 25 miles from Yosemite National Park in Ca.

Marilyn - count me in. I've had this since I was a kid and that was 60 years ago (uggghhhhh!!!)LOL Went back and forth from C to D--D especially when I was nervous or excited about something--like a date with a boy. Mostly C now that I've gotten older. Didn't like either one.
Sharon

#124755 - 11/22/04 06:18 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Don't know how I missed this but that's me. Once a week is good for me. Isn't that awful? Ugh!!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Calling All IBS-C People
      #124759 - 11/22/04 07:06 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Another IBS C here. I had it under control eating a high insoluble and soluble fibre diet, plus no gluten, alcohol, sugar or caffeine. But I grew weary of the restrictions and fell off the rails a bit. So I'm struggling again with the C but upon finding Heathers diet and this wonderful message board I feel so much more motivated and confident I can beat my condition. I really helps that theres someone out there that really truly understands.

So its back to being really good in the food department and hoping to see the BM return to normal really soon. Its a great idea to acknowledge who has IBS C and hopefully we can help each other through the troubled times.

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: Calling All IBS-C People
      #124836 - 11/23/04 08:14 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am also IBS-C. This diet and Acia along with the SFS has really helped me. My stomach was a mess after I had my son in January . I seriously thought I would never eat again. Now things are much better and I feel 90% better than I ever have!

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1959 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201242

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review