All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)
Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #120430 - 11/10/04 03:43 AM
KimGun

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Caribbean

I've been severely C for about 4+ years, and having a very bad time. Am new to the diet, so any advice would be welcome.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #120437 - 11/10/04 04:22 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Hi there. I am IBS-C & happy that you suggest we identify ourselves! I am finding this sight very helpful, even though I think IBS-C varies slightly (in terms of triggers etc) compared to IBS-D: does anybody agree with me? Maybe it's individual as well.

Re: Yep - it's not safe, and it can cause bowel addiction new
      #120452 - 11/10/04 05:49 AM
KimGun

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Caribbean

My doctor also recommended MOM, when I must use a laxative. Unfortunately, I have to quite often, as I am unable to have a BM on my own....Am still trying to increase my dosage of SFS.

Re: Oh My Gosh! Why would you want to do that? new
      #120454 - 11/10/04 05:52 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Oh I don't want to work on the laptop...I want to write emails (now that I have moved away from all my loved ones!) and surf the internet etc.
I grew up in north london in finchley....

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: I have IBS-C, too (have my whole life)..... n/t new
      #120521 - 11/10/04 08:56 AM
Cathryn

Reged: 10/31/04

I too have had IBS-C my whole life. The first time I could remember a terrible episode was as early as six years old. I am now about 50!

To Jessica new
      #120680 - 11/10/04 01:57 PM

Unregistered

Hi Jessica This is what I did, since I TOO was taking a lot of laxatives...I didn't take anything for two days before taking the Oxypowder and then I followed the instructions that came with the product. It worked for me exactly as they SAID it would and I've been re-ordering it every month or so since then. I don't intend to ever stop taking it, and so far I feel great as far as the "C" is concerned, since I don't suffer the effects like bloating, gas, pressure and pain anymore!!!!

I'll reply to your e-mail tonight, hon. Take care...

To marymary new
      #120684 - 11/10/04 02:17 PM

Unregistered

Hi marymary I'm very glad that you liked my thread here my dear. You are SO right when you say that IBS-C varies with the way each individual responds to its effects. You are ALSO right when you say that IBS-C is different from IBS-D, since I've learned this myself by reading this website.

This is how I see it when it comes to our suffering with IBS...we are all unique right from birth and also a product of our upbringing. This is why it is my strong belief that the more stress we have in our lives, the more our brains and tummies will rebel, thus causing us our individual IBS pain.

I hope we can continue to support and help one another so whenever you want to talk about IBS or for that matter ANYTHING, there's plenty of people here that care.

Feel good...

To KimGun new
      #120689 - 11/10/04 02:30 PM

Unregistered

Hi KimGun <Sigh> I'm really sorry you're suffering, hon. How long have you been on Heather's diet? if only for a short time, you need to be patient (easier said than done, I know) and hopefully in a little while, your symptoms will ease and you'll feel better. These boards have so much fabulous information as well as warm and caring people that I'm sure if you are able to spend some time around this place, you will find the advice you are seeking for yourself. If you have any specific questions right now, try the search on top of this page with some key words and/or just ask them right here if you feel like doing that.

Take care and I hope you feel better every day...

Re: To Jessica
      #120700 - 11/10/04 03:10 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Let me know too how often you went the first few days, so I can plan the whole being next to a toilet deal.

Jessica

To Casper
      #120706 - 11/10/04 03:26 PM

Unregistered

LOL Well as for ME, I don't think that's a silly question, Chany! as a matter of fact, in our bathroom, we keep a stack of magazines for reading as well as a radio for listening to music. Definitely calms our systems down, while providing a few laughs once in a while.

I guess this, too, is an individual thing, since some people need peace and quiet in order to concentrate on their business.

I love the fact that we can discuss this kind of stuff here!

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 188 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201130

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review