All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)
ptillen... new
      #111679 - 10/09/04 10:38 AM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

What is MOM?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ptillen... new
      #111682 - 10/09/04 11:04 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Milk of Magnesia

Michelle... new
      #111737 - 10/09/04 03:55 PM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

You said you've been on Miralax for some years; does it still work as well or have you had to increase your dose to get the same effect (as with stimulant laxatives)?

Re: Question for Kathy new
      #111952 - 10/10/04 11:27 PM
ChucksKat

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Hi, Steph-

The disease is interstitial cystitis. The usual symptoms would be frequency, urgency, and/or pain or burning. It might be possible you have it, although I have never heard of any of us being unusually thirsty. We DO have to drink lots and lots of water. There is a website: www.ic-network.com It has lots of information. Hope this helps you. It would be so nice to find someone who has IBS-C, Interstitial Cystitis, and GERD, as I do. Recently, I have also had trouble with anxiety issues. Seems a lot of us have multiple issues here. There has to be some kind of connection...

Kathy S.

Re: Michelle... new
      #112011 - 10/11/04 10:02 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry, I just saw this or I would have responded sooner! It still works every bit as well for me! Once in a while, especially if I travel, I will get a little backed up. When I do, I just add a second dose in at night for a couple of days. I don't seem to have built up a tolerance for it at all, unlike the Zelnorm.

It really has taken care of most of my C problems. I still struggle sometimes with pain and some bloating but at least things are moving through!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Ibs C and frequent peeing! new
      #112012 - 10/11/04 10:07 AM
michele

I also suffer from IBS C and GERD. My GERD is under control with medication and the C is under control with miralax. However, when my IBS is acting up, I find I must pee often! I have heard of others mention this too. A lot of the anxiety medication and anti spasm drugs can also cause dry mouth and thirst! I am currently taking donnatal and boy, I drink gallons of water a day! Gee, that might have something to do with having to pee a lot also! LOL!

--------------------

Re: Ibs C and frequent peeing! new
      #112014 - 10/11/04 10:13 AM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Hi Michele,
I know exactly what you mean!! When I'm really backed up, the slightest amount of liquid in my bladder gives me trouble. The receptionist at my office can't belive how many times I have to pass by her desk to reach the bathroom (he he). I thought once I gave up the coffee that would stop but now I just go from all the water & pressure down there. This sucks!

Re: Hypno tapes new
      #112017 - 10/11/04 10:21 AM
michele

My IBS C is greatly effected, probably more than anything else, by stress. I did the tapes and they were very relaxing. I do feel that they help me to sleep and calm me down but I'm afraid they didn't help very much with my IBS. Alot of people have been helped by them though so I wouldn't rule them out!

--------------------

Re: Calling All IBS-C People
      #112038 - 10/11/04 12:22 PM
Bilbo

Reged: 07/27/04

I'm IBS-C! I only get D every once in a while, usually a day or two after really bad C.

Re: Caution! Caution!
      #112124 - 10/11/04 04:42 PM
Sheryl

Reged: 10/04/04
Loc: PA

They're right sweetie, it's the magnesium that's causing you to go. It works for awhile and then....oy...I hate to say it...but it's going to irritate your intestinal lining. Please, dear...don't persist with this. I would continue on Heather's diet and fiber program and institute some Chi Qong and/or Yoga...deep breathing. I understand soooo, soooo well your need to just "go" already. I really freaked this last year, when for awhile there...no matter what laxatives I took..nothing worked. But your inabilty to go may have to do with the possibility that you are inflamed inside and your system is shutting down because it's red and inflamed in there and it literally "hurts" for the stuff to move down and out. So you have to heal the tissue...then you will find that it will be easier for you to go once the internal tissue is healed.

I feel for you, let me tell you I do...but magnesium is not the way.

Hugs,

Sheryl - PA

--------------------
To every problem, the answer is love.

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 538 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201138

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review