All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)
Thanks, LauraSue :) new
      #99838 - 08/20/04 06:28 PM

Unregistered

Thanks, Laura, for not only loving my bad jokes but also for caring enough about me to ask about how I feel. You're very sweet. I'm really doing well so far on this Oxy-Powder thing. I may be a tiny bit more tired than usual (but I have CFS so it's hard to tell with this) but other than that, I feel so much lighter both in body and spirit.

Hope YOU feel good...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Caution! Caution! new
      #99888 - 08/21/04 06:31 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

OK, so its main ingredient is magnesium, which, seemingly, makes it not very different from milk of magnesia. Just another laxative that you can get hooked on, and in the long run, is not gonna be helpful to you. Plus they're soaking you to the tune of $40 a bottle, when you can go to Walgreens and get MOM for 6 bucks.
I still think we can do better.

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #111179 - 10/07/04 01:55 PM
soffie

Reged: 09/14/04

I am IBS-C and have been for about 2 years now. I am 19 years old, and hate this because it affects what I wear (being C doesn't make you feel too attractive), activities I participate in, partying, dating, and trips I go on with friends, and even what college I go to because I need a private room to feel comfortable "trying" to use the bathroom. I'm sure all of you know the feelings that I have, it just feels good to vent and be able to talk about this. Have any of you IBS-C tried hypnotherapy??

Re: I'm C, and a little worried at the moment new
      #111439 - 10/08/04 01:38 PM
kerri11

Reged: 10/08/04

Hi Kree, I'm wondering how your new teaching job is going, since I developed IBS-C as a result of my starting teaching! I lasted 2 years and had to quit b/c my IBS was so bad. I'm doing more relaxing work now, but I'm curious to see how your system handled it. You can't know how hard teaching is until you've done it. Good luck!!!

#111443 - 10/08/04 01:44 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

I'm doing hypno right now and I think it's helping.

Are you getting enough of the IBS-C 3: insoluble fiber, fluids, and exercise? (Thanks, L-S, for condensing it down to this!) Of course, this is in addition to the standard IBS diet with plenty of soluble fiber. Also, if you are taking calcium supplements, make sure that they have magnesium in them as well. Calcium will constipate you, but magnesium will counteract this (and be good for your bones as well).

--AC, on day 29 of the hypno

#111451 - 10/08/04 02:16 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Hey, I'd like to ask those who struggle with the big C-
how has the hypno program worked for you? I'm about 3/4 through it... I'll be finishing it up on just about election day (there are a whole host of jokes there, I'm sure, but I'll resist the temptation ) and I gotta say so far I haven't observed terrific results.
OK results, sleeping somewhat better, little bit of a better attitude generally, but not too much in the say of specific improvements in IBS symptoms.
I'd find other observations from C people who have done the program very useful.

#111607 - 10/08/04 08:40 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

I'd like to know if IBS-C people doing hypno felt aware that stress affected their symptoms before they started hypno? I don't think stress makes any difference to me, my symptoms are fairly constant but vary a bit according to what I eat, not whether I'm stressed, does that mean hypno would be a waste of time or that I'm in denial? I don't want to ignore something that could help just because I don't feel stressed ...

BTW this is a great thread and I've learned a lot from reading it - thanks to everyone who's posted!

Josephine

#111668 - 10/09/04 09:33 AM
ChucksKat

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

I am IBS-C, also. It makes me feel so good to have you all to talk to, and bounce ideas off of. First, let me say that I needed to see this info on MOM, as my dr. also recommended it. I do take Metamucil, and seem to do well enough with that twice a day, along with Heather's diet. However, there are times when I will have an attack that sends me to the floor in pain. I have to place a hycosamine (sp?) tablet under my tongue to get any relief. What concerns me is, I also have GERD, and that can make that worse, so I read. It all seems frustrating at times, that one med. can cause something else to go wrong in our systems. I pray that someone can find something to help us all with the C, and perhaps GERD, too. Any of you all have both--C and GERD? Sometimes I feel alone with all this, as I also have Interstitial Cystitis, too, a bladder disease that is considered autoimmune, too. However, I try to remain positive and rely on my faith in God to get me through each day. I take Lexapro right now for anxiety. I also read where there is an anxiety connection with these diseases, too. Why can't someone help us??? Thanks for all the posts...It helps to know there are people here who understand. Hi, everyone! I hope you all have a good day today.

Kathy S.

Question for Kathy
      #111673 - 10/09/04 09:52 AM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

What is the autoimmune bladder disease you have? I ask because ever since I was 14 years old (I'm now 24) I've had a problem with very frequent urination (without pain) and am also thirsty all the time (drink about a liter of water every one to three hours a day). I recently mentioned this to my doc who gave me a glucose test for Diabetes, but it came out normal. He did not do any further testing. I have always wondered if it's overactive or something.

Steph

Re: Calling All IBS-C People
      #111677 - 10/09/04 10:09 AM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

Hi. I'm also IBS-C and have been using diet, supplements, and fiber to control it. The pain and bloating are a lot better than before, though I still have chronic C. My doctor refuses to prescribe meds in fear of me getting "hooked" on them! Very frustrating. Fibercon pills were helping me a little until I had to start on antibiotics for an infection five days ago. AAuuggg!! I've been sooo miserable with bloating and C this week, I just don't know what to do. I've been eating very little because of it, which is just making me fatigued (I have a year old son to keep up with).
Anyway, I'm very surprised to see so many with the same problems I suffer; was beginning to believe it was mostly D's here. Badthing, I'm greatful you started this union. I'm glad we can all try to help each other.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!!

Steph

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2263 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201247

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review