All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: Yep - it's not safe, and it can cause bowel addiction new
      #99582 - 08/19/04 09:41 PM
Charlotte

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX

Thanks for the advice. I tried Paxil a few years ago - it made me a zombie!! Now I take Lexapro plus Xanex SR. I've always had a problem with anxiety so this combo does keep me from have major anxiety attacks. However, I'm beginning to wonder if the Lexapro is helping me since I keep having flareups.

My main goal is to stay on Heahter's diet every day. It's hard not to get to drink a soda now and then but sometimes we just have to give up some things to get well.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi Charlotte :) new
      #99583 - 08/19/04 09:46 PM
Charlotte

I rec'd my hot/cold packs and can say that it does work. Unfortunatly its too heavy to walk around with it. But the main thing is it does soothe my colon. It's a really cool product. I'd recommend it to anyone to help ease the pain.

Re: I'm mainly C.... new
      #99584 - 08/19/04 09:51 PM
Charlotte

Hi Laura - thanks for making me feel welcome. I've had Heather's books for 3 years now and receive her newsletter, but just hadn't joined the message board.

I'm so glad I have joined - just to be able to discuss and share our failures and successes!!

Re: Hi AstroChick :) new
      #99629 - 08/20/04 06:37 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Hi! I'm a very happy camper now that it's apple season. Amazing how much more regular one gets when one eats an apple or two a day! (Yep, raw, peel and all. I tend to be at my most stable in the fall, so they're just the ticket for me after I have some nice sourdough bread.)

Glad you're enjoying the heating pad! I like having a cat sit on my belly too, but they're apt to either run off for food or to start kneading with their claws....

--AC, looking forward to the Cortlands and Braeburns

I'm C, and a little worried at the moment new
      #99630 - 08/20/04 06:41 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hello! I decided to come join the C club here. I'm also IBS-C, although about a year and a half ago when my IBS suddenly got worse I was A for quite a while. But now I'm back to C, a problem I've had ever since I was a young child. Luckily I have been able to get it pretty well under control by making sure I eat enough insoluble fiber foods, taking SFSs, and drinking hot tea or soy coffee in the mornings to get things moving. My biggest problems usually happen when I go on vacation, etc. and get off my normal routine... that often leads to pretty bad bouts of C. I'm actually a little nervous because I just got a new teaching job and will be moving and starting the school year within the next 2 weeks. Between the stress of moving and having to start a whole new routine I'm afraid my colon will be thrown off track. I just figure I'll have to go with the flow and make sure I establish a healthy routine and fits with my new schedule... I know, easier said than done. So anyway, that's where I am at the moment. I agree with what someone said earlier about how worrying about how well our colons are moving can really start to control our lives... isn't it sad??

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Hi Kree :) new
      #99818 - 08/20/04 05:39 PM

Unregistered

Good to have you here, but I wish we could have met without suffering with IBS!

I'm with you, about how frustrating stress can be for us, hon. At this time in your life, when not one but two such exciting life changes are happening for you, you should be able to enjoy them, instead of worrying about this darn IBS and how it will be effecting your system. Speaking from personal experience, I really feel for you and your colon.

You already sound like you to are doing your best to try and keep following Heather's diet but may I gently suggest that you also try and do as many de-stressing-type of activities that you can do? In your profile, I read that your hobbies include: music, reading (especially fantasy novels), baking, and writing short stories and poetry. It's wonderful that you are so creative, so pick an idea and go to it, my dear! Even though you may be busy preparing for the next two weeks, you just have to take some "You breaks" no matter WHAT!!!

Perhaps we can meet again soon in the Living Room, where we can talk more about our lives.

Take care of yourself, Kree. Hope your system starts to feel better soon.

Re: Hi LauraSue :) new
      #99820 - 08/20/04 05:47 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Marilyn, I love your bad jokes!! But I sure wish you'd been able to avoid using the cleanse stuff. I know you did your research and made your decision and all that but my gut tells me (bad joke back atcha!! ) that it's not the best choice for most people. How are you doing on Day 2 after the cleanse? Still okay? I'm really glad you feel better, sweetie. I just worry about the long term effectiveness of it. Well, we shall see.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Hi AstroChick :) new
      #99821 - 08/20/04 05:49 PM
LauraSue

AC, that's so funny. I have a severe allergy to apples, so an apple a day doesn't keep MY doctor away! It puts me in the emergency room. And of course I loved them, grew up on them. Now I don't miss apples but I sure miss peaches -- yup, same allergy!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: I'm C, and a little worried at the moment
      #99822 - 08/20/04 05:53 PM
LauraSue

Kree, aren't you still one of the moderators for this board? I know you haven't been around much lately, but you helped me SO MUCH when I first joined the board last winter. You have so much wisdom and such a great attitude. If there's any justice in the world, you'll fly through this transition without a peep or a gurgle from your tummy!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Caution! Caution!
      #99827 - 08/20/04 06:04 PM

Unregistered

Hi Paula thanks for your concern about the Oxy-Powder, hon.

I went to the link that you provided but I honestly can't say that I saw anything there that would cause me to rethink my need for the product.

Here is some information from the Oxy-Powder's label:

SUPPLEMENT FACTS
-------------------------
Serving size: 5 capsules
Calories: 0
Shelf life: 4 years from purchase

Each serving contains (5 capsules): 100% Daily Value
Complex Magnesium Compound: 3425 mg.*
Organic Germanium-132: 27.5 mg.*
Natural Citric Acid: 125 mg.*

Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsules.
Percentage daily values are based on 5 capsules and a 2000 Calorie diet. *U.S. RDA not established for % daily value.

Perhaps Heather WILL decide to look into this real soon. I would certainly be interested in what she had to say.

As of today since it is continuing to help free me from horrible, constant constipation (not to mention the pain and suffering that went along with it) and I am not noticing any dibilitating effects, I think I'll just stick with it and trust that this company is on the up and up.

Take care and feel good...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1217 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 201230

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review