All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Splenda and Crystal Light
      #9582 - 05/21/03 08:38 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

Hi again! I'm trying to find out if using Splenda in place of sugar in baking is a safe substitution? Also, I've just switched to the Clear Mix Citrucel--I was using the sugar free orange. But, the Clear Mix has a bad taste for me and I'm having trouble finding things to mix it in to make it easier for me to get down! I'm wondering if the Crystal Light Drinks are IBS safe? Anyone know? Thanks again for the info. I love this site! Getting so much good information from you all! Hope the restaurant list and brand name food list sites come about! Great ideas!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Splenda and Crystal Light new
      #9587 - 05/21/03 09:33 AM
Bobbi

Loc: London, England

Crystal Light has a lot of citric acid and causes serious problems for me (both IBS and ulcer related). I would avoid this stuff like the plague, and watch out for other sugar-free drinks.

#9589 - 05/21/03 09:57 AM
wac

Reged: 03/24/03
Loc: Casselberry, FL

Crystal light is also a problem for me. I get terrible acid reflux and stomach aches. Be careful. I don't know about the splenda. I just use regular white sugar in small amounts - it's not a trigger for most IBS sufferers.

#9590 - 05/21/03 10:01 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Here's a past post on Splenda .

Isn't Crystal Light made with articial sweetener? If so, that's a big trigger right there. As an alternative, you could probably make iced tea out of any herbal tea of your choice and use that instead. Just an idea.

#9598 - 05/21/03 10:56 AM
tierny

Loc: Iowa

Thanks for the info. I know sugar is a safe food, but since I love to bake--and do so quite often---I was looking for a safe sugar substitute to help lower the calories a bit. I am new to the IBS diet and very concerned about weight gain with all the "starches" since I've always been told to limit them alot. Guess I'll try to find something else to take the Citrucel with besides the Crystal Light. Or, maybe I'll go back to the sugar added orange kind.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 430 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 769

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review