All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bad month
      #9500 - 05/20/03 04:12 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I am having a horrible month with my diet, I know when I eat bad every now and then it causes an attack...however it also seems when I eat good I still feel pretty crappy. Like tonight I had fish and plain rice and feel upset almost immediately after! I don't know what to do, I try following heather's book but some things I cannot follow all the time. I cannot find half the ingredients for the recipies where I live! I love oatmeal, but not everyday... I cannot find organic egg whites...baked lays are horrible on my stomach! I am taking ranitidine for heartburn, could that be causing my upsets?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone know's of any tasty snacks and quick lunches I could possibly make!

Sorry, but having a bad month, and evening...Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bad month new
      #9501 - 05/20/03 04:26 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03

Sorry you're having a tough time. As a fellow Canadian, I know it's hard to find a lot of ingredients. If you can't find organic egg whites, try regular egg whites. They may still be OK. I use regular and not organic chicken, too. Some people find oatmeal difficult. It may be a good idea to read over the info on dietary FAQ and try drinking lots of tea (peppermint especially if you can - it helps with pain) If not, try fennel, chamomile or ginger.
Take care.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#9504 - 05/20/03 04:35 PM
mickeymouse

Thanks, will have to keep experimenting!

#9508 - 05/20/03 04:57 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

as for the heartburn med, I take Prevacid, which is another heartburn med/acid blocker. And that med does not agree with me at all, and at many times, makes my ibs 10x worse. I cant wait to get off that med!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re:heartburn new
      #9521 - 05/20/03 05:48 PM
mickeymouse

Have you had heartburn for a long time? It is hard to aviod all the foods that cause heartburn, I would not be surprised if the meds are causing my attacks...but need them for relief!

Thanks!

#9537 - 05/20/03 07:12 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

I take Ranitidine for reflux/heartburn too and it seems to help me. Before that I tried Protonix and that gave me diarrhea and nausea for a week, and I'm hardly ever nauseous (sp?), and I got off that med really quick and went back to taking Ranitidine. At first I was only taking that whenever I needed but then I started taking it every day. Its hard avoiding foods that give you heartburn, I love onions but I have been avoiding them, because of heartburn.

#9555 - 05/20/03 10:08 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

i KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN IT IS SO FRUSTRATING WHEN YOU CANT FIND THE RIGHT THINGS(i am from canada too). Do you have simply eggwhutes or break-free in your stores. If you are near a safeway or saveonfoods it should be there.

#9564 - 05/21/03 03:02 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

ive had heartburn for 4 years now. Yes, it is hard to avoid all the foods that cause heartburn, but most of them are ibs triggers anyway, so i stay away from all of them.Ive gotten myself off of prevcid because i seem to do fine without it. I just have to make sure the tums are always near by! I wish ya the Best!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#9566 - 05/21/03 03:08 AM
mickeymouse

WE only have a Co-op, and two other small grocery stores where I am from (small community and the only way out of here is by an 8 hour drive on a gravel road , plane or boat)! So, sometimes there are eggwhites here in the store and sometimes there aren't, depending on the freight times I guess, and lately I haven't seen any...will keep looking though!

Re: egg whites new
      #9573 - 05/21/03 05:02 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03

Just buy regular eggs and only use the whites.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3207 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1305

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review