All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
gas/bloating/all the best (sic)
      #9487 - 05/20/03 01:21 PM
toddy

Reged: 05/20/03

I have lower intestinal gas as well as stomach/chest pains due to gas. At ths moment they're pretty severe. Anyone's esperience with this and a reduction of sd gas I'd love to hear from. I am not comnstipated and go several tiems a day (at least twice.) But my BM's are not easily pased without metamucil. I wonder sometimes if te metamucil isn't hurting my poor system. Any ideas about other fiber subs? I eat NO diary, meat, eggs, caffene (ofther than tea...)

THnaks all-

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: gas/bloating/all the best (sic) new
      #9490 - 05/20/03 03:29 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

I hope you get to feeling better. I usually take Phasyme or Gas X for my gas but sometimes they don't do the trick and I take Charcoal capsules, you can get them at a vitamin store. The bad thing with Charcoal caps is they may cause constipation and sometimes they cause me to have heartburn/indigestion. I had to take the Charcoal yesterday. Also I heard Mylicon is good for gas, has anybody tried that?

#9496 - 05/20/03 03:40 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi! Welcome to the board!

Have you tried fennel tea? That works pretty good for gas.

Are you following Heather's diet? Basing meals on soluble fiber? Are you snacking, not waiting too long between meals? Just wondering where you're getting all the gas from. Oh, also, metamucil causes problems with gas for some. Have you tried a different type of supplement?

#9498 - 05/20/03 03:54 PM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I understand fennel tea is really good for gas although I haven't tried it yet. I get back gas cramps as well in my back and am going to try the fennel tea tonight. I hope you will be feeling better soon.

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

#9689 - 05/22/03 12:22 PM
toddy

Reged: 05/20/03

no. but will. Am following diet indeed! THanks

#9701 - 05/22/03 02:37 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

I would get just what you describe with ANY caffeine whatsoever - you might try not even drinking tea unless its herbal and see if that helps. Fried foods were really bad for me too. I agree with what's been said about Metamucil - can be very gassy! Good luck - haven't had those pains in a while but remember them well - I miss iced tea in particular (A LOT) but avoiding that pain keeps me from being too tempted!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 276 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1270

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review