All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Need Help new
      #94789 - 07/31/04 11:16 AM
monkey

Reged: 03/07/04

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll to incorperate more fruit into my diet. Apple's are not very good for me either, I'll try baking them to see how that goes. I'm going to try the canned fruit, seems like that would be easier on the stomach to digest and may just do the trick fiber wise. I hope this can finally get me on track. Thanks for taking the time to give me your advice, best of luck to you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#94790 - 07/31/04 11:17 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Monkey, two things, has your doctor ever done a sitz marker test on you?

Comprehensive Overview of Constipation:

http://www.med.unc.edu/medicine/fgidc/comprehensive_overview.htm

and do you do any form of relaxation techniques?

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

What about Bran? new
      #94791 - 07/31/04 11:18 AM
monkey

Would bran cereal in the morning be a good source of fiber? I use to have a lot of it every morning but then I found out it was bad so I quit, should I try it again in a moderate portion?

#94794 - 07/31/04 11:23 AM
monkey

No none of the Doctors I see have ever even mentioned it. It sounds interesting but I'm not sure what it's going to prove other than define the severity of my constipation. No relaxation techniques either, I'm a college student and not really stressed right now so I'm certain that isn't the problem.

Re: What about Bran? new
      #94795 - 07/31/04 11:23 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Personally I'd try it. Everyone is different. I sometimes have a bowl of cheerios and then a bowl of wheatier cereal and I do just fine but you never know what will bother specific people. Maybe try something like total and then move on to something more 'branny'.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

One more suggestion new
      #94796 - 07/31/04 11:25 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You're either going to laugh or think "no way!", but try baby food pureed fruits (I would skip the veggies, though - bleh!). I eat them sometimes as a snack (or part of a snack) on their own, and I also use them as toppings for pancakes and toast. Gerber makes one - a tropical fruit medley - that's especially tasty. Just a little something extra for flavor and a few calories.

Thanks, and good luck to you too!

Re: Need Help *DELETED* new
      #94810 - 07/31/04 11:57 AM
niceG3s

Reged: 07/30/04

Post deleted by niceG3s

Mmmm, I like the fruit in the baby food jars too! - nt new
      #94831 - 07/31/04 02:34 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#94839 - 07/31/04 03:22 PM
monkey

Paul,
Thanks for the advice, I'll check out the veggie fiber stuff. I think I'm going to give up the shake, I thought it wouldn't hurt because it's soy but it's causing definite problems. May I ask how you were able to put on all the muscle mass? I work out with a trainer as hard as I can but I spend so much time sick from IBS that any gains are quicky lost, every year I lose more weight and at this rate I think I'm going to be in trouble health wise if it continues. I've seen lots of doctors, no real help so far but I have more appointments coming up, they gave me pain medicine but it doesn't help that much either. Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Re: One more suggestion new
      #94840 - 07/31/04 03:25 PM
monkey

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'll pass on the baby food; it's bad enough having fiber supps and such around but add baby food to that and people will really start to wonder.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2045 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5906

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review