Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help with C and Drugs
      #94039 - 07/28/04 06:47 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

I've posted a similar question before, but I'm in dire straights now. I was back in emerg today with such severe pain I actually thought it was my appendix, but after doing some tests they said it's presenting more like it might be Crohn's so just gave me IV and painkillers for awhile and sent me home (I see the GI tomorrow).

I had been trying to lay off the percocets because they're making me C and I thought maybe that was part of the reason for the pain, but they want me to keep taking them. They said there's no good reason I should have to be in that much pain, and one more day isn't going to hurt...I went to the bathroom yesterday but only a tiny little bit, which I assume means I'm not obstructed, I just get worried. Do any of you C'ers ever get pain that feels like your appendix just from being full of stool?

Any advice would be great, I'm really suffering over here
Thanks,
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help with C and Drugs new
      #94041 - 07/28/04 06:53 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm so sorry you're not doing to well. I've had that pain too. And I don't have Crohn's. Try a heating pad maybe to relieve some of the pain, and take a peppermint cap. Most importantly, try to relax. Also, try to drink some Chamomile tea. Good luck, and feel better soon.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#94154 - 07/29/04 08:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, I can get some severe pain form my IBS C. The heating pad and 2 Vicodin are the only things that help me. If you have been having serious problems for a while with major C, ask the gastro about Miralax. It is a prescription laxative, I have used it everyday for a few years now. It can make your colon become dependant on it but its better than suffereing through life constipated all the time! Hope you get some relief soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#94192 - 07/29/04 10:07 AM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

I don't even know how many times I've been to the ER with pain. This was before I knew what was really wrong with me. Now, I try not to let it go that far and if I go more than a few days without going I take extra colace and switch back to the applesauce and oatmeal diet for a couple days. Unfortunately, tension and stress about it makes it harder to go. Do what you can to relax (hot bath, massage, heating pad) and cut your diet back to super safe food. Try not to stress about it. I never found pain relievers helped with C pain. Here's another link with helpful information.web page

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1666 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 506

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review