Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
What if You Don't Like Tea?
      #94002 - 07/28/04 04:26 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Have another question
So many of you say you get so much help from the different teas; ie, peppermint, fennel, etc. Well, I hate tea; never have liked it. So for the most part I just drink water. I'm doing the peppermint capsules, but is there any other way to get fennel or some of the other teas that would help with nausea or the spasms?
Janene

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I don't like tea either new
      #94004 - 07/28/04 04:31 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

which is strange for an anglophyle. But I love the mix tummy teas from the store. They don't taste like tea in general. I started with a lot of sugar in it and now I need none. I don't like hot beverages generally but the fennel mix teas just are so soothing to me I now love them. I am sure it is partly in my head. But I think they are much more palatable especially if you don't like the taste of fennel. I use Celestial Seasonings tummy mint or Eater's Digest by some health food company I can't remember.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Tummy Mint tea new
      #94014 - 07/28/04 04:47 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

Hey...did you notice that Cub doesn't carry it anymore! How depressing!!! That was my favorite.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Where do I get these mixed teas? new
      #94044 - 07/28/04 07:00 PM
jeenerz

Thanx Little Minnie
Do you get these mixed teas at the Health Food Store or reg. grocery store? As you can tell, I am totally out of the loop on these things.

Re: Where do I get these mixed teas? new
      #94045 - 07/28/04 07:03 PM
Little Minnie

At the regular grocery store. I am using Tummy Mint now as they stopped carrying the Eater's Digest but I have ordered it. Try ordering from the grocery store if they don't have it. Both kinds have peppermint, fennel, ginger and chamomile. They are not as potent as Heather's teas but I like them because it is a mix and tastes good.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Tummy Mint tea new
      #94047 - 07/28/04 07:04 PM
Little Minnie

Really? I bought some last week. I had them order Eater's Digest but it wasn't there so Friday I will ask someone else. It is in the health section -top shelf.

--------------------

Re: Tummy Mint tea new
      #94049 - 07/28/04 07:11 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

I was there last week too, and could not find it. I stood there for 10 minutes looking for it. Maybe they were just out of stock. Hope so!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Thanx new
      #94052 - 07/28/04 07:17 PM
jeenerz

Hey Thanx,
I will definitely look them up tomorrow! I'll let ya know
Janene

Becky about tea new
      #94449 - 07/30/04 08:19 AM
Little Minnie

I was just at cub and bought some more tummy mint celestial seasonings (top shelf- natural section) but they still don't have Eater's Digest. I ordered it again and this time I think it will come in if it is being made still. I have a cold and bought the Traditional Medicinals Echinacea and Throat care and it feels great! How is your whooping cough doing?

--------------------

Re: What if You Don't Like Tea? new
      #94540 - 07/30/04 10:45 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

I think I posted a similar question back in December or January. I have really been struggling to stop drinking coffee and I thought I didn't like tea either. For me, for the most part, it has been an acquired taste. I have found that the benefits from the teas are excellent, which, in turn, helps me like the tea more (psychologically at least).

When I first read Heather's book back in 2001, I tried peppermint tea and green tea (both from the supermarket). I still don't like green tea, but I do like peppermint tea. I would highly recommend Heather's peppermint tummy tea because nothing I have bought in any store comes anywhere close to tasting as good I tried fennel this past fall and I have actually always liked that. I also like anise tea very much - I like to drink that in the evening with a little bit of honey.

Sorry for such a long-winded response! Hope it helps a little

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4083

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review