All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!
      #93957 - 07/28/04 02:59 PM
JMT

Reged: 06/25/04

I've been trying to keep to the IBS diet and for a few days I felt a lot better but I have a question...does IBS pain radiate around to the upper back (actually, the last two days it has begun there..it's an ache more than a pain) and that's how this whole process began two months ago! Any suggestions?
Judy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! new
      #93961 - 07/28/04 03:02 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

The pain could radiate to your back but it is Very Important to have a doctor check you and work towards getting a true diagnosis.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

#93993 - 07/28/04 04:14 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Hi,
Just wondering if it could be gas. I find that when I start having lots of gas pains, that my back just aches and for me it's gas. I move around alot and try to get rid of it. Don't know if that would work for you or not.
Janene

#94003 - 07/28/04 04:31 PM
karmakatt

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Massachusetts

agree - make sure your MD rules out gallstones and other upper-GI stuff!! if it makes you feel any better, 99.9% of my IBS pain originates in my back, usually the right side and radiates up thru the breastbone and down thru the kidney area. today it's on my left side... and who knows where it will be tomorrow? some days the pain is really bad and other days notso bad... MD says its gas and/or cramping... the only thing that seems to help (consistently) is exercise and practicing total-relaxation mode, almost to the point of falling asleep. for me that usually 'breaks' the spasm...not always possible/practical to do at work LOL good luck!

#94022 - 07/28/04 05:08 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Could be gallstones. But, I think maybe it could be trapped gas. I get that, too. Phazyme helps me and sometimes just walking around a bit helps relieve it.Try to stay away from gas producing foods.

Barbie

--------------------

#94023 - 07/28/04 05:09 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I second that... it could be gas, but the pain you're describing sounds like the pain I had when I had gallstones. Definitely make sure your doctor has ruled that out with bloodwork and an ultrasound, especially if you have pain like that often, accompanied by nausea.

#94032 - 07/28/04 06:00 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

For me the radiating pain is symptom of my GERD. Have you been tested for that?

Lol... I think what we're all saying is make sure you and a doctor thoroughly go over yourself!

#94887 - 08/01/04 06:05 AM
JMT

Reged: 06/25/04

Do you take anything for your GERD ( I WAS diagnosed with that two years ago). Maybe the peppermint tea is not a good idea with GERD??? This is so-o-o confusing! Thanks for all the replies though....you sound like a great bunch of people!

#94899 - 08/01/04 09:11 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

A lot of people with GERD can't use peppermint. If I were you I would not drink the peppermint tea.

I take Pepcid for heartburn or Tums. There are a lot of other meds, too. Fortunately, I usually don't get heartburn but your doc should be able to recommend something for you or maybe ask the pharmacist. Also, stay away from acid producing foods like tomatoes, orange juice, etc.

Wish I could be more help.

Barbie

--------------------

#95065 - 08/02/04 08:24 AM
Living Waters Ranch

Reged: 07/23/04
Loc: Georgia, USA

Judy,
I have GERD also. Peppermint definitely makes it worse. Also I have the pain in my back. The doctor has ruled out gallstones. For me it is gas. I take prescription Zantac for heartburn and a massage from my husband helps with the gas pains. Hope this helps.
Debra

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1048 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1340

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review