Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Going to the gastro.....
      #93919 - 07/28/04 01:15 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hey everyone
My gorgeous husband made me an appointment with the gastro today..the earliest they can see me is the 11th of august so I have about 2 weeks to do loads of info and go in there strong and knowledgable. I know a lot about the dietary aspects of ibs, but have not ever really had tests done.
When I was first diagnosed at 15 (10 years ago) the only thing the gastro in london did was try me on peppermint caps and antispasmodics before saying that I had to see a psychiatrist. So needless to say he was useless (I'm not dissing psychaitrists...I went..it did nothing...).
So I feel kind of anti conventional medicine, because natural medicine is the only thing that has helped me...but the thing is, I have never even had a scan!!!
So I am up for lots of tests.
Here is when I need all of you please.
Please could you all tell me what you know about tests, which ones I should be having, what to expect etc...help me go in there armed!!
I would really appreciate any help
Thank you XXXXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going to the gastro..... new
      #93923 - 07/28/04 01:22 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm pretty much at the same point you are: just starting to get "properly diagnosed". So I'm not going to be a whole lot of help experience-wise, but just wanted to share this link from here on the site. If you go down through that page, it tells you what tests need to be done, and what diseases/disorders they'll be ruling out in the process.

And I'm sure others will reply with exactly what to expect from various tests... I've never had any of them done (except a gallbladder ultrasound, which is nothing!), so I can't say!

Good luck!

Re: Going to the gastro..... new
      #93932 - 07/28/04 01:29 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Hang in there. The test will be routine and take some time to complete maybe a whole month or so. Your Gastro may want to do the basic ultrasound or a abdominal ct scan. If nothing show there they may rule everything okay. The next thing upper lower Gi, and the last but not least test would a endo and colonoscopy. But don't get to worked up over these test, it will drive your IBS crazy. Hopefully nothing detected and you'll continue to treat your IBS.
Have you visited your obgyn and ruled out any female stuff??
Wish you best of luck with everything and keep us posted!!
Sherri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 505

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review