All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Question about Immodium and anti gas meds for "D's" please...
      #93651 - 07/27/04 06:22 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi ya'll

I'm kinda wondering if anyone has tried to immodium AD with gas relief.. and does it work at all?

I find that regular immodium makes me really gassy, so I was wondering if this other kind might work.

Also, I don't have alot of gas.. but now that i'll be making new friends, and maybe dating new guys I'd like to have something to take just in case.. ya know?!

I've tried some sort of gas x.. which control my gas, but gave me D. ugh. does anyone know of anything that works but doesn't cause Diarrhea?!?!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about Immodium and anti gas meds for "D's" please... new
      #93677 - 07/27/04 07:47 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I have the immodium wiht the anti gas, haven't really noticed a difference, but I got it just because I figured it can't hurt to have one more thing taken care of!

#93687 - 07/27/04 08:06 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks.. did regular immodium give you gas by any chance?!?

hmm my problem is I always buy store brand immodium, because I got through it sooooo often.

butttttttttttttttt.. i spend the buck if this actually works?!?!?

--------------------

#93708 - 07/27/04 09:46 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Ashley,
I'm surprised that the Gas-X gave you D, are you sure it wasn't something else? I take Ovol but I don't think that's available in the US, but it's just simethicone which is probably the same as Gas-X.

Have you ever tried lomotil? It's just a prescription anti-D but I've found it works better than Immodium and I've never had any adverse effects from it...maybe something you could ask the doctor about

Good luck,
Kelly

#93762 - 07/28/04 07:15 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I'm not sure if it was gasx.. I honestly can't remember...

I'll try it again though.. also as for lotomil, i've never heard of it, but maybe i'll check it out.

thanks!

--------------------

#93770 - 07/28/04 07:29 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi there, I frequently take Gas X with no problems with any "D". I have not tried the Immodium with anti-gas in it. Are you sure it was the Gas X that caused your D? Also I buy store or generic brand Immodium and often my doctor will write a script for Immodium and my prescription coverage pays for most of it and I end up paying the 5.00 copay for about 60 Immodium pills!!! (generic brand of course). I only take Immodium 1-2x a week so that really lasts a long time.

#93881 - 07/28/04 11:39 AM
chrisbro

Reged: 07/26/04

Hey, My Mom and I had the same reaction to Gas-X! I use Immodium with gas help and it is great for me to stop the constant diarrhia. It breaks the cycle and I get some relief. Before I found this board, I kind of self-medicated and found certain combinations that worked. Not necessarily good, I am sure. Citrucel is one of them and that is a big help! I use the pills since I cannot stomach the other stuff that's put into liquid... YUCK!

#93882 - 07/28/04 11:44 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Regarding the Gas X, doesn't that have sorbitol in it which could be a trigger? I take Mylanta Gas Relief which has no sorbitol in it.

Also I find that Immodium with Anti-Gas works much better than regular Immodium. Hope this helps!

--------------------

#93916 - 07/28/04 01:10 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

I think some of the GAS-X capsules have sorbitol in them. That could have caused the D.
I use OTC Phazyme for gas. You might try the Immodium AD with gas relief or take reg Immodium and a Phazyme with it.

Good Luck
Barbie

--------------------

#93931 - 07/28/04 01:28 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hey Ashley,

I'll often take the Immodium advanced in the mornings if my stomach is feeling kinda unsettled and I have to fly. I take the chewable tablets. I'll usually take one fairly early in the morning if it seems I'm feeling a little off. That way (my thinking at least) is that I don't get totally clogged up. Honestly, for the first little while I find my gas actually gets worse, but then things start to settle down and it's not too bad. If I'm still not feeling great I'll take another one or two more depending on how long the flight will be and that'll usually do the trick.

I wouldn't take it strictly for gas, the side effect, especially the first few times I took it was that I became very C the next couple of days, and then when things were wearing off I found I got even more gassy. But if it looks like you're going to have D, I've been very happy with the Immodium Advanced.

And I do buy the real thing not the store brand, ya it costs more but I'm not able to take any chances.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 769 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1916

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review