All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
kinda screwed....
      #93178 - 07/26/04 01:29 PM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

I am 99% sure that I have a sinus infection right now. The problem is that I am traveling tomorrow to Toronto for work and Wed. to Milwaukee for work. I wont be back until Thursday afternoon and am leaving again on Sunday for LA. I haven't taken anti-biotics (except for Tequin which killed my stomach) since learning about my IBS, so if I can get a doc appt for Thursday, is there one specific antibiotic that may not affect me as much as another one? Thanks!!!

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: kinda screwed.... new
      #93216 - 07/26/04 03:36 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Not that I know of, sweetie. And from what I remember, you might need stronger antibiotics as sinus infections can be nasty. See if you can go to a drop in clinic and get the meds faster. You'll have to just do the best you can and suffer it through. It makes it a lot harder when travelling, huh?
Pack yourself some instant oatmeals for breakfast, and some buns and bananas for your briefcase. Make sure you get in enough soluble fibre.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#93222 - 07/26/04 03:48 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Sorry you are feeling bad. I've always heard that you need to take an antibiotic to get rid of a sinus infection. The only one I can tolerate is Keflex. But, in the meantime you might try this. A nasal spray called "simply saline". I get it at Walgreens or Walmart. It has a long tip that you kinda stick up your nose and spray way up in the sinuses....it helps clear the sinuses so you can breathe better. There are no drugs in it. It really helps me when I get a cold. Also, hot liquids or hot soup helps the congestion or breathing in steam.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

#93238 - 07/26/04 04:09 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm sorry you're not feeling so well. Are you a D or a C? I just got done taking Zythromax. I'm a C and it has a tendancy to cause D, it didn't seem to make a difference either way for me.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#93284 - 07/26/04 05:59 PM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

I'm a D...so i guess i'll have to find out by trial and error regarding what meds are good or bad. thanks everyone...i have sudafed for before the flight and sinus spray. thankfully the flights aren't more than 2 hours, so hopefully i can deal. thanks again for the advice!!

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

#93358 - 07/26/04 09:38 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Sudafed will kick your butt in a few days so be careful. The saline drops might be fine. If you are flying it will be tough on the decent so spray the drops up your nose when they announce you are decending...it won't make your head so tight and make landing alot easier. (A steward actually told me this trick because I am constantly stuffed from allergies and it helped me out so much!)

Hope you kick the cold soon,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#93366 - 07/26/04 09:59 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Sorry you're feeling so bad, sinus infections suck. I don't have too much advice about the antibiotics, I had to go on them recently too, and I just explained to the doc about my tummy problems and asked if he could try and prescribe accordingly Now, I don't know what your head feels like...but my doctors here have told me that sometimes sinus infections will clear up on their own, with rest and decongestants. In fact, I haven't taken antibiotics for sinus infections for a few years (I get chronic ones quite often). So maybe you'll get lucky and you kick it without the antibiotics! I'll be thinking about you...good luck with your travelling

Kelly

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3099 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 990

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review