All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Psyllium Husk - Psyllium seeds?
      #929 - 02/15/03 01:54 PM
shannon114

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Ireland

Hi anyone,i'v posted my query about this but it has gone on to the 2nd page,so i will make this a short question.I'm confused,should i use Psyllium Husk or the seeds? Which of the two are best? I am IBS (C).Thanks all.
Tina.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Psyllium Husk - Psyllium seeds? new
      #956 - 02/16/03 10:48 AM
susaloh

Loc: Kiel, Germany

Hi Tina!

I couldn't answer your question because I'm not C, but I'd be very curious to know where YOU are (which continent or country, I mean!) Because, for ages now I've been talking about Psyllium seeds (called 'flea seeds' here in Germany) and everybody seems to know the Psyllium husks, and nobody the seeds!!

As to their efficiency for C, I would just simply try out both if you've got the chance. Neither will do you any harm as long as you drink enough water with them!!! I think that's terribly important with C. I think both are quite distinct, so it's worth testing them both.

Good luck
Susaloh

Re: Psyllium Husk - Psyllium seeds? new
      #961 - 02/16/03 12:49 PM
shannon114

Loc: Ireland

I come from southern Ireland and i was very surprised to find that i could get Psyllium seeds here where i live in a town called Wexford.I actually didn't know that my health shop had them until i enquired,they have the husks and capsules also.I started to take them yesterday,2tsb in 8oz of warm water and i took them again this morning but i am a little bloated i hope they will agree with me as i have found them to be better for my (c) than lindseeds,well so far anyway,thank you for your reply i appreciate it.
Tina.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2527 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1709

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review