All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bad experience at Panera
      #92429 - 07/22/04 07:41 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

My husband thought it would be a great idea to meet him for lunch at Panera. I love their bread bowls so I though sure, why not. I had cream of chicken and wild rice in a bread bowl. I figured chicken and rice and bread, good right?
Not more than 5 minutes after I got back to work I had cramps and had to go to the bathroom. Although it wasn't techinically D, it was still solid, but got less and less as the hour of torture went by. Took 2 pepto, 2 gas-x and a tylenol and have been fine since. So what was it that hurt me? I had a turkey sandwich for supper last night and a piece of plain toast for breakfast...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bad experience at Panera new
      #92430 - 07/22/04 07:43 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Cream of chicken? It had dairy in it, I'm sure. Doesn't that stink?

Glad you're ok now, though!

#92431 - 07/22/04 07:45 PM
rosiechica

i'm usually ok with dairy though. I try not to have to much of it, but a slice of cheese, or milk with my morning cereal usually doesn't bother me... maybe it was just to much...

#92434 - 07/22/04 08:00 PM
atomic rose

That was my other thought... that maybe it was just too much food. I've had even totally safe stuff like plain rice trigger me if I eat too much of it.

#92438 - 07/22/04 08:06 PM
rosiechica

you thinking back I did have a small ice cream sandwich last night. do you think that possibly since that's almost the last thing I ate before lunch that they mixed together and cased my attack?

#92441 - 07/22/04 08:20 PM
atomic rose

It could be. Maybe too much dairy in a short period of time? Or too much "rich" food?

This IBS stuff is so aggravating, isn't it? Just when you think you have everything figured out... wham!

#92442 - 07/22/04 08:24 PM
rosiechica

yea, I was just at a new doctor on Tuesday who took a whole bunch more blood. she just wants to be sure that I wasn't misdiagnosed by my last doctor. I go back on Thursday for the results.. hopefully she'll say I was misdiagnosed. but somehow after today I don't think so.

#92555 - 07/23/04 10:12 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Generally, anything with "cream" in the name does a number on me. I try to stick with things that are labeled as "low fat".

--AC

#92580 - 07/23/04 11:44 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

When I go there I get the lowfat chicken noodle soup and turkey on French bread. That doesn't bother me at all. But a couple of times I had an herbal chicken sandwhich with a rich mayo dressing, both times I ate it I had to run to the bathroom. I think it what did it was the dairy, the herbs and the fact that it wasn't as low fat as the other sandwich.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#93247 - 07/26/04 04:23 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't think it was just the dairy but the high fat. Generally those kinds of soup are very high in fat and have full fat cream and not just milk. I do love those sorts of things though. Hope you feel better!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1175 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1366

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review