All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Kool Aid - Careful new
      #92254 - 07/22/04 08:33 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Some people are especially sensitive to the artifical colors and flavors in Kool-Aid, so I'd be careful. If you start having IBS symptoms, then I'd cut out the Kool-Aid.

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Good point! new
      #92264 - 07/22/04 08:58 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I should have added to be careful with it at first... don't drink more of it a day than you need to take the supplement with, just to make sure it won't disagree with you. I find I'm not sensitive to the artificial colors/flavors, but too much sugar makes me weird, so I can't use the pre-sugared variety. Good luck, Sugar!

Re: Fruit Juices new
      #92287 - 07/22/04 10:21 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
I would just say to try different juices in small amounts and see how it goes. Like, some people can tolerate apple juice or low acid orange juice but I know they are a big no-no for me. If you can handle them, though, you'll be in the clear.
I also agree with the using caution with Kool Aid, 'cause we know some people who have had problems with it.
As for the cranberry juice, I have read that some people have had problems with the mixes, but try the ones people responded saying didn't bother them. I know white cranberry is supposed to be less acidic so you might not dislike it as much.
And last but not least, I just wanted to say that because I can't handle ANY other juice I tried cranberry juice (even though I have always HATED it.. like gagged when I had to drink it..) and still hated it.. But now that it's my only option, I have actually grown to like it. Not on it's own, it's still too strong and bitter for me so I either dilude it with still water or with flattened gingerale. So if you run out of options, you might be able to force yourself to like it like I did!
Good luck,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: I would NOT recommend hawiian punch! new
      #92289 - 07/22/04 10:39 AM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

This drink makes me vomit every time! Too much fructose I image! And I usually dilute my juices with water like some of the others on this site do. Just test the waters and see how it goes. Good luck!

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: Kool Aid - Careful new
      #92360 - 07/22/04 02:39 PM
sugar

Reged: 02/08/03
Loc: Calistoga, CA

Thank you all so much! I hadn't thought about the
artificial ingredients. So far I've drank it with
the supplement 3 times. It's a bit hard on the
stomach but okay. I'm making sure I drink it when I
eat dinner so it's not on an empty stomach.
I'm going to continue to look for other things.

--------------------
A Safe Place

Re: Kool Aid - Careful new
      #92643 - 07/23/04 03:50 PM
LauraSue2

Reged: 07/18/04

Hi, Sugar!! I love pineapple juice. I actually take my morning dose of SFS dissolved in 1/2 pineapple juice 1/2 water.

When we were little, my brother's favorite juice was Welch's Grape Juice. Remember that??!! It's probably got artifical stuff or HFCS in it now, but it sure was good then. He'd get a little purple mustache every morning!! So cute.

Hope you're doing okay. Good to see you around.

Re: Kool Aid -Try Stevia instead of sugar... new
      #92657 - 07/23/04 04:39 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

I have been using Stevia (available at GNC and health food stores) to sweeten tea and Kool Aid. I can't handle too much sugar.

It works well in drinks because it dissolves well and doesn't have a funky "artificial sweetener" taste. It only takes 1/2 to 1 tablespoon to sweeten an entire pitcher. Just a thought.

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 550 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3271

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review