All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
gas new
      #9044 - 05/14/03 11:01 AM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

after all this time of being on the diet, I still get a lot of smelly gas, what is the solution to this? I thought by now my system would be used to all the fibre I eat.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: gas new
      #9047 - 05/14/03 11:19 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Are you strictly adhering to the diet? Do you eat small meals frequently and the get up and move around right away? Been stressed out when this happens? Just some questions that came to my mind. IBS is a tricky thing--it seems you don't even have to eat to get some symptoms! The other thing to consider is: yesterday's lunch can make you sick today--and--yesterday's stress can also make you sick today. I hope this helps.....and I hope you feel better soon!

(((hugs)))

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#9048 - 05/14/03 11:47 AM
louise

Hi Ruchie: I follow the diet about 90% of the time, occasionally I am off it when family members want something different, and I like to stretch out in my easy chair after I eat., Does walking around after eating make a difference gas-wise?

#9049 - 05/14/03 11:50 AM
Snow for Sarala

I find the more I move around, the better I am overall...esp. after eating! The other thing I do when gas is bad is I lie on the floor, legs stretched out in front of me, feet flat on the floor, and I lift my tummy up and down off the ground...the other I thing I do, also lying on the floor, is I bring both legs to my chest and hold them there. Doing the first "exercise" (it's actually a yoga pose...I just added in the movement myself to help flow things), I also hold my tummy in. These seem to help me when things get REALLY bad...

I hope this helps......feel better soon!

(((hugs)))

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#9069 - 05/14/03 03:50 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

Do those exercises seem to help ease the pressure of gas/bloating? I have had a little gas/bloating since Sunday, and i took 2 charcoal tablets today.

Re: gas Leanne01 new
      #9070 - 05/14/03 04:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi!

All I know is that the trapped air comes out when I do this (it takes a few minutes--but it's better than the hours of pain without it)! Hope this helps you--let meknow if it does!!!! Feel good

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie
      #9081 - 05/14/03 06:53 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

I have been laying on my bed watching the bachelor and doing this off and on and it is helping. Thank you for the advice!

#9082 - 05/14/03 06:57 PM
louise

Hi Ruchie; similar to that for me is that when it gets bad for me I like to stretch out on my bed in comfy and loose clothes and take deep breaths, A FEW of those and the pain eases up after a bit. As for eating, we are suppose to eatr frequently anyway, and I would rather grab a piece of bread than a supplement because my sromach settles down better that way. i AM sgtill trying to get my supplement back in my diet though, but it is difficult at best.

Re: Ruchie new
      #9092 - 05/15/03 05:03 AM
Snow for Sarala

Leanne,

Oh, I'm SO HAPPY to hear that! Thanks for letting me know it helped you! I hope you feel good! Happy Thursday!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

for me, its all about excersize new
      #9127 - 05/15/03 12:09 PM
kenneth

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Toronto Canada

I have found that for me, excersise is the key to gas control. I think that with IBS its very easy to into a cycle.. i feel terrible so I go lay down and rest, but i just continue to feel terrible. The last couple of weeks I've been pushing myself to do continuous walking everyday for at least an hour. You'd be amazed at how much gas passes during that time! But if we are just laying down the gas comes out much more slowly. I have also found that taking a full-spectrum digestive enzyme before meals helps the digestive process and passage of gas. But the excersize is the key!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 486 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2192

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review