All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Went to the walk-in about my white tongue new
      #90344 - 07/15/04 09:22 AM
Sweetypie

Reged: 07/12/04

I went to a walk in clinic yesterday to have my tongue looked at (my dr's office was closed) and the dr there looked at me as if I were a nut case when I showed her my tongue .

She didn't say what it could be, or how I could get ride of it. She did a swab, and sent me home. She did say the back of my throat was red. I was so irritated with her. I felt like a psycho or something ... as if I had gone in there with a hangnail

Everything seems to be cleared up a bit today, but it still feels weird, there is still a bit of white at the back of my tongue, and it does hurt to swallow.
I guess I'll just sit tight and wait for the results of my swab test ... and just to add in, when she did the swab, it felt like she was shoving it all the way down my esophagus.

I was thinking of going to see my dentist ... any thoughts?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Went to the walk-in about my white tongue new
      #90379 - 07/15/04 10:12 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey there
when I have oral thrush it sits right in the centre of my tongue and looks distinctly fungus like...
just so you know, when I first went to the doctor four years ago about my first thrush on the tongue thing, I SELF diagnosed. he sat there like a lemon (familiar feeling what with incompetence with ibs etc) and I finally said...'the mouth is a mucous membrane like a vagina right? so could this be oral thrush'...it hit me because I found myself biting down on my tongue because it was slightly itchy in a way and when I looked at the actual growth it was so fungusy looking.
so take heart. if the swab shows nothing...it must be thrush. just to rule it out..take all sugars like cakey things and minimise white flour products in your diet...see what happens..
good luck

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Sweetypie! new
      #90405 - 07/15/04 10:46 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Does your tongue look "hairy" or just have white spots? If just white spots, do the white spots feel like "blisters"? Can you scrape off the blisters and if so do they bleed? Are you running a fever??

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Edited by BeckyT (07/15/04 11:03 AM)

Re: Went to the walk-in about my white tongue
      #90649 - 07/15/04 09:24 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

I had this same thing about a month ago. It was accompanied by an itchy rash on the back of my hand and eventually a swollen ankle.

I spoke with my gastro-doc about it, and he said it is an infection -- like an "extention" so to speak of the turmoil going on in my gut (which in my case is ulcerative colitis).

The swollen ankle was the worst. My ankle was HUGE! And it hurt to walk. In fact, it was so swollen that the top of my shoes got all stretched out.

Oh, the tongue went from white to yellowish. Really gross. Glad it cleared up eventually. Good luck.

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Edited by brendarific (07/19/04 03:28 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1096 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 709

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review