All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Bah.
      #89804 - 07/14/04 09:16 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm just cranky. I was so ready to bounce on here yesterday and share my good news: that I had a totally normal BM for the first time in months, and that it had actually been almost a month since I'd had liquid D, so I could say that I can finally see that the diet is helping. Then the cramping starting - hence my post about what I can do for cramping until a doctor gives me an antispasmodic - and stuck with me pretty much all day.

Today, I woke up and felt pretty much super. I had a piece of the peppermint fudge cake for breakfast, and bam - D like I haven't had in ages. Of course, I have no idea if it's the cake being too heavy for me first thing in the morning (I typically munch on a little dry cereal; I'm not much of a breakfast person), or if it's the soymilk "cream" sauce I had on my pasta last night, but either way, I'm just straight-up flat-out irritated.

I guess I have seen a LITTLE improvement - I don't have D & cramps every day like I used to, and that's positive. But it's starting to look like, no matter if I'm swinging towards D or C or things are perfectly normal, after I have a BM, I have to eat the "what to eat when you can't eat anything" diet for at least 2 days, or I feel lousy. How lame! No wonder I'm losing weight faster than a gambler losing money in Vegas.

I was supposed to go fill out paperwork today to get an appointment with a therapist. I haven't been able to do it for the past 2 days because I've been carless. Now it's not looking like I'll go today either. I'm really getting grumpy about this.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bah. new
      #89807 - 07/14/04 09:19 AM
raindew01

Reged: 07/07/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario - Canada.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Of course you'd feel irritated and cranky. This stuff affects our bodies, our emotions...and it just feels plain lousy to be sick like this, or having a hard time. (hugging you)

I hope you feel better soon, hope it levels out for you and you're back to feeling good. It'll come. I believe it will. But for now...it's crappy.

Ugh! new
      #89808 - 07/14/04 09:20 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm so sorry, and i feel your pain! (Actually, I don't feel *all* your pain, because i think your case is worse than mine, but anyhoo...)

I can totally relate to the frustration. It's like you're so excited and feel normal, and then your body freaks out again and shuts you down. Other than the one solid BM, has anything about your symptoms improved? Is there less urgency? less frequency? less anything???

Get that paperwork filled out and then hopefully you'll have a car tomorrow!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#89809 - 07/14/04 09:21 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh, Casey, that's too bad, I'm so sorry. (I'd probably stay away from cake for breakfast from now on, though!!)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#89827 - 07/14/04 09:31 AM
atomic rose

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking cake is off the breakfast list. Although, right now, just about any food you can think of sounds evil, so maybe I'll change my mind someday.

Re: Ugh! new
      #89836 - 07/14/04 09:40 AM
atomic rose

The problem is that I have to go *to* the office to fill out the paperwork. I don't have the papers here, and they won't do it over the phone. So until I have a car AND functioning bowels, I can't fill out the paperwork. Bah, I say!

I was trying to think if any of my other symptoms have gotten better, but no... I really think that's about it, and I guess that IS my bright side. Less frequency. That's about it.

Hmph.

#89839 - 07/14/04 09:41 AM
atomic rose

Just *hugs back*. I know you're going through the same thing right now, and I'm sorry to hear it. I hope we BOTH get feeling better soon... I guess all we can do is keep plugging along, and believe that it's going to happen.

#89863 - 07/14/04 10:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm cranky today too! Just woke up "pissed off!" I have been on the diet for 1.5 years and although I am a lot better than I was, I still don't have what most people would consider normal bowel movements!! Some days are better than others, sometimes I can't figure out why. One thing I do know, as it gets closer to my period, my IBS really gets bad. Where are you in your cycle? Its usually the week before my actaully period thats the worst. Once my period actually starts, things start to calm back down again.

Hope you start feeling better soon! Hugs to you!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#89880 - 07/14/04 10:27 AM
atomic rose

I'm post-period right now... my period just ended on Sunday. I actually haven't noticed that my bowels themselves are any more screwy, but the nausea and lack of appetite is at its absolute worst from a few days before my period starts, till right when it ends.

I'm sorry you still aren't what you'd consider "normal". Since you've been following the diet for so long, I don't know if that's encouraging (because I'm not alone!) or discouraging (a year a half?? ack!). Hugs to you too, and I hope you get feeling better!

#89906 - 07/14/04 11:09 AM
raindew01

Reged: 07/07/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario - Canada.

I think hope can help a lot.

Maybe go easy on your tummy for a bit...safe solubles, not much sugar, some herbal tea? I think that's what helped me the most--doing the basics for a while.

Maybe today's a good day to take it easy, too, just do things that feel good to you, at home? Read a great book, watch a movie, drink warm tea, just do lots of feel-good things? Maybe that will help. I hope so, anyway.

#89908 - 07/14/04 11:14 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Boy! Am I with you! I'll go a few days and think, "Hey, I'm actually going to beat this thing" and then BAM! For no obvious reason I have problems--like this morning. Seeing my bad times are 1st thing in the mornings, I had been eating saltines just before bed, the middle of the night and 1st thing in the am to keep my tummy from getting empty and I had thot I was on to something, but, after this am, guess not. That's what makes this ibs mess so frustrating. there is no rhyme or reason to it. Hope you get to feeeling better, and if it's any consolation, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! God Speed.
Janene

It does help! new
      #89924 - 07/14/04 11:35 AM
atomic rose

Actually, what's helped me a LOT on days like today was realizing that they force me to take "me" days. Instead of really whining because I'm housebound/bedridden again, I make the bed super-comfy with lots of pillows, put on some good music, fire up the laptop, grab a stack of fluffy reading, and chill out. (And then remind myself that I have some friends who would *kill* for the opportunity to do that once a week!)

It does work. I still get frustrated, but instead of STAYING that way, I get over it pretty quickly.

Thanks for the reminder!

Cranky Casey new
      #89962 - 07/14/04 12:45 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Casey,

Sorry you are down and cranky today. I think it is great that you have been having less "D". That's really an improvement and something to celebrate.

We all have our setbacks so don't be cranky....come on...let's see a smile!

Feel better soon
Loopy Cootietush

PS: Stay away from cake for breakfast....he he

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3855 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1663

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review