All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm so excited! Today's my third day of "stability"
      #89738 - 07/14/04 07:50 AM
raindew01

Reged: 07/07/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario - Canada.

I'm so excited!! This is my third (if I get through the day fine, which I think I will) day of stability, no D!!! Yay!!! (laughing) This diet is so great; thank you Heather for this site and your great books! And thank you, everyone here, for your wonderful, truly helpful support.

I actually had spaghetti with low fat spaghetti sauce yesterday, put in peeled zucchini, mushrooms, little bit of onion and garlic--and I was fine! And had 2 raspberry or strawberry popsicles made with real fruit--and again was fine! I feel like I'm getting my life back...that I can start eating "real" food again. I know I still have to be careful and take it slowly... AND I'm so excited!!!!!!

I just have to say--I'm so very glad I found this site. Without it, my body would still be a mess. Whew!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Congrats!!!! Keep It Up!!! -nt- new
      #89743 - 07/14/04 07:53 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

aahhh! I spoke too soon. Had choc soy milk...and now D :( new
      #89776 - 07/14/04 08:30 AM
raindew01

I spoke too soon. I had 3/4 c. of chocolate soy milk this morning...such a treat...and now I had D and pain. Why would choc. soy milk give me such a reaction?? I know it has to be that, because nothing else I had this morning is new.

Darn it all, it seemed like such a safe treat. Low fat--2.5 g. I guess the sugar was too high.

I don't totally get it, though; I had fruit juice popsicles the other day, and they have to be high in sugar, but I was fine. Totally fine. And I can bake with sugar. What's the difference??

Ag. I am NOT going back to square one, if I can help it. I'm still going to try to have some of the foods I was inching into my diet...unless I have more of a reaction. Slow is good. I just thought I was going slow. Blah.

Well, at least I know a trigger food for me!

Aww... new
      #89780 - 07/14/04 08:36 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Don't be too discouraged. (Hah, listen to me - the girl who comes on here whining every time I have a setback - LOL.) Is soy milk in general something you're used to consuming in quantity? 3/4 cup doesn't sound like much, but if you're body's not used to it, it could be a matter of introducing it into your diet slowly.

Hang in there... stability will happen. It just takes a while sometimes. And you still went a couple days with no D! That rocks!

Re: aahhh! I spoke too soon. Had choc soy milk...and now D :( new
      #89782 - 07/14/04 08:50 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

It might have been something you ate yesterday that set you off. Unless I'm being really, really bad (like drinking with friends, for example), my D seems to come from what I've eaten the day before.

Hang in there. All of us newbies are on this same stability roller coaster...

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Aww... new
      #89790 - 07/14/04 09:06 AM
raindew01

Thanks. I needed that encouragement. I'm feeling down and also defiant. But I still want to be careful.

I am used to soy milk--but only in my cereal and cooking. I used to drink chocolate soy milk, and I did used to get D from it...but it was a particular brand. So this time I searched out the lowest fat, lowest sugar...and still I get this reaction.

I just wanted something sweet and chocolately...and still getting protein. And, well, different food! Blah.

Thanks so much, both of you. The encouragement here is invaluable. I think it'll keep me trying.

Blah. Maybe I'll go make potatoes, later. Nice safe soluble.

#89801 - 07/14/04 09:14 AM
raindew01

I seem to have reactions pretty quickly to things--often within an hour or a few hours of eating something. So I'm pretty sure it was the choc. soy milk.

Sometimes I have a reaction immediately the next am, or the middle of the night, from something the day before...but this was hours after I got up.

Quote:

Hang in there. All of us newbies are on this same stability roller coaster...

Thanks. It really does help to know that. (sigh)

#89803 - 07/14/04 09:15 AM
raindew01

I just looked at the ingredients in the choc soy milk. Cane sugar, corn syrup solids, and fructose were about the third, fifth, and sixth ingredients. So, pretty high in sugars. I'm assuming that's what it is. Blah.

Re: aahhh! I spoke too soon. Had choc soy milk...and now D :(
      #89958 - 07/14/04 12:37 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Oh, the wonders of IBS! It's like you have to be a food detective constantly....reading labels and trying to figure out what caused the problem. Just be sure that you are not using anything like gum, mints, vitamins, etc with sorbitol. I learned the hard way that it is a big IBS trigger.

When I need a little chocolate fix I eat a couple of Tootsie Rolls and they have never bothered me.

Hang in there
Barbie

--------------------

Re: Aww...
      #89972 - 07/14/04 01:09 PM
jonsie57

Reged: 06/08/04
Loc: dallas, texas

Hi,
I get the same reaction if I drink soy milk also. I swear it must have something like milk solids in it or something as I get the same reaction I do if I were to drink cows milk
or ice cream....But I can also use soy milk for cereal with no problem...go figure..Hang in there...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 897 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2206

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review