All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Sorry, LS new
      #88821 - 07/11/04 05:38 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I forgive ya, sweetie! I know I don't look it, but NEITHER DO YOU AND BEVVRS!!!! Didn't cha know that 50 is the new 40!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My First Time on The Boards new
      #88822 - 07/11/04 05:40 PM
JosephC

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: Kansas City

Welcome! This place is just awesome and Im sure you'll learn a lot and meet new friends and have fun! IBS sucks, no doubt about it, but its with great support groups like here and all the advice you can find that will pull all of us out of this-I have no doubt in my mind that someday we'll all be IBS free or near enough and all of us will go and get some really awful foods we couldnt eat before.

Re: Immodium new
      #88823 - 07/11/04 05:41 PM
JosephC

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: Kansas City

Thats good to know about the Immodium. With moving and all that, I was worried I might hurt myself if I took it as a preventative every so often. Of course, you never know when it might strike sometimes.

#88894 - 07/11/04 11:29 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I could've sworn I read on here somewhere about too much Immodium causing people's liver panels to come back abnormal...?

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: My First Time on The Boards new
      #88902 - 07/12/04 05:01 AM
Shirl

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: North Carolina

welcome to the boards jeenerz we are happy you found us.

--------------------
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.

#89035 - 07/12/04 10:58 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

I just read a post from someone the other day saying that her liver readings came back high due to the immodium...hmmmmmm

Laura Sue new
      #89041 - 07/12/04 11:08 AM
jeenerz

1st of all contrats on going 6 months!!! In this whole ibs thingy, that is like an eternity! So happy for you!
Right now I just take Immodium if my BM's go into the spasm attack mode, if you get my drift. However, sometimes I think I wait too long to take the Immodium, just because I think the spasms/cramps will stop...my stools never turn watery, just get real soft and full of mucus and if I can't stop them, they will turn bloody (sorry for being so explicit). I just hate to take stuff, but may have to take the Immodium sooner and more often if it doesn't harm the liver or anything else. Never heard of the stuff being preventative...am taking acacia, but have backed off some as I think I was getting too much. This whole this is a continued 'trial and error' isn't it? Again, congratulations!

#89044 - 07/12/04 11:10 AM
mlambers

Reged: 09/18/03
Loc: MI

jeenerz,
Welcome to the boards and sorry you are feeling ill. I have taken immodium in the past (and always keep it on hand). I don't like to take it because it takes me about 3 days to get back into my normal pattern. I found myself taking only a half chewable for an attack (instead of the 2 they suggest) and my turnaround time was a little better. I just hate that abdominal-void feeling. It is funny how it effets us all differently. Good luck and hope you are feeling well soon!

Barbie new
      #89047 - 07/12/04 11:17 AM
jeenerz

I only take Immodium if I have an attack (read the post I just sent to Laura Sue). I may try taking it sooner at the 1st sign of an attack instead of waiting to see if it will go away...(sometimes it does, so that's why I wait)
As far as the crackers go, I did the same thing last night and then when I got up at 5:30 (my usual time) I ate another after waiting 1/2 hr from the Librax and then ate 1 every 15 minutes while I worked out doing my weight aerobics which I do every morning. When I was finished and came up to shower and get ready for work, I had 2 BMs and although I felt nauseated and on the verge (every am I'm always 'on the verge') of having problems, I didn't have an attack. All morning long at work, I haven't felt like 100%, but at least no attack. I'm going to buy some Zwieback toast (that what they give to babies for teething and I tolerate that well) and try eating that in the night and 1st thing in the am and see what happens. will keep you posted

#89053 - 07/12/04 11:29 AM
jeenerz

Thanx for the welcome; yes, I know what you mean about taking a few days to become regular again. Whenever I have an attack, I get so 'cleaned out' that even if I don't take Immodium to stop it, it takes a good 2-3 days to get regular again, and by then my colon seems to say, 'ok I think I'm ready to hit you again!' My goal is to have regular BM's without having the attacks from my spastic colon. So I continue to experiment

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 821 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19643

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review