All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re:God Bless you Shelby, you deserve it !!!! new
      #88431 - 07/09/04 10:25 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

You are one of the reasons I cant wait to get in and check the posts. You are so special to me, love you Shelbyjo

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stress is going to kill me new
      #88447 - 07/10/04 04:29 AM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Shelby,
I echo the other ladies sentiments & will keep you in my thoughts & prayers. I stopped using soy products after reading an article about the affects of soy & your thyroid. I take thyroid medicine & my doctor is trying to get me at a safe level for me. At the time I was drinking Choc Soy every day at breakfast to get my protein. I immediately brought my concerns to this board & Kandee & Heather gave me advice to try rice or almond milk. I decided to switch to Lactaid free milk & I eat regular yogurt (after eating some soluble fiber first), but I take Lactaid pills first. I use the milk to cook with or for cereal, I don't outright have a glass of milk . Right now this seems to be working ok. Take care & have a great stress free day .

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

Yeah, Daisy... new
      #88465 - 07/10/04 07:55 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I'm so glad you have given up soy since you have thyroid disease too. It is nothing to mess around with. I'm coming off of an attack of accute thyroiditis and it is not nice stuff, takes almost 6 months to get better and in the mean time you flip-flop from hypo to hyper and back and forth.

ANYTHING we can do to keep our thyroid levels stable is worth it...........same as keeping IBS stable.

I'm like you in that if I have soluble fiber and a lactaid a LITTLE dairy doesn't trigger me. But an entire glass of milk would. I tested this one time. Drank 2 glasses of milk with out S. fiber or lactaid and boy did it nail me...........pains galore!!!

Keep up the good work Daisy......Have you ever tried oat milk..it's good too, (and great for cooking since it will thicken) but I've come to like the almond even better since a glass has soooo many less calories than the rice. The chocolate flavored is GOOD too.

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Raindew01 new
      #88791 - 07/11/04 04:25 PM
raindew01

Reged: 07/07/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario - Canada.

Sjo,
Wow. You have been through so much! It sounds almost like a war on your body. I'm sorry for the pain you've been through...and glad you keep finding ways to do things that are healthy and healing for you.

How did the lavender work? Did it help at all? Putting some lavender on your pillow at night can also help.

I hope things keep getting better for you.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3973 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4092

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review