Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: new to board - question re soluble fiber reaction and diet new
      #88780 - 07/11/04 04:01 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hi Raindew,

Welcome to the boards... good to get more Toronto people on here

With regards to the SFS, I was taking the old type of pro-diem with psyllium and acacia in it but they've stopped making it, so now I take the metamucil capsuls. When I first started taking them , the D went away prtty quick but I'd get cramps every once and a while. I continued taking them and now things are pretty decent.

I've found in general with IBS that you have to try things out for a little while before you can tell if it's working or not.

Good Luck with the diet!
Jamie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Welcome! new
      #95833 - 08/05/04 11:59 AM
danaskull

Reged: 08/05/04

It will get better. Last October I had a severe attack that put me on my back. I was in so much pain, I could do nothing but sleep and just drink water and eat rice only. I barely ate small portions, you would give kids. But, I was in so much pain it hurt to stand. I lost 30 lbs in 30 days before I was finally able to stablize. I went to a doctor and received a script for lebrix ( sorry about the spelling) and 800 mg of ibruprofin. What I found out I was suffering from 2 things at the same time. A severe period and IBS attack. For the next 7 months I have tried to be cautious of eating, trying new things slowly, like fruit and vegies. Steamed seemed to be the best way to eat them and have stablized better than I was. Yes, my weight came back. But, like any disease you must manage it not let it manage you. Things will get better.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 168 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5562

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review