All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Raindew new
      #87331 - 07/07/04 01:13 PM
raindew01

Reged: 07/07/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario - Canada.

Sheri01, you're right, we did write some similar things! A lot of soy stuff tastes really good--which is a good thing! Years ago, some of the soy stuff tasted pretty icky. And now we have more choices. I just wish they'd come up with a soy cheese that tastes more like cheese. There used to be a brand I could get here that had a smoked flavour--it was *so* good--and then they discontinued it. I still hope for good-tasting soy cheese. Is there any kind you think is good?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Welcome! new
      #87348 - 07/07/04 01:29 PM
raindew01

atomic rose--I'm glad to know I'm not alone in the doctor avoidance thing! (grinning) (For me, some of it comes from being an abuse survivor, and wanting to avoid triggering situations.)

And yeah, it's good you know that some doctor stuff is good to get done. I usually eventually get to a doctor if there's something really serious. It sounds like you do, too.

I totally agree with you about being healthy because you're choosing a natural way, and because you're *not* downing every pill a doctor might try to give you. I, too, avoid pills. I'd much rather take something more natural, less harsh to the body--something that doesn't mess up the mind or emotions or anything like that.

Writing classes sounds like something neat for the future. And, if you feel like checking it out, there are some pretty neat websites on writing technique, or just writing. I have a few good ones listed at my site: http://www.cherylrainfield.com/linksforwriters.html

You sound very creative! A lot of creative energy being put out there in good ways. (I think that can help us a lot.) I draw, too. Pencil, mostly, some pen and marker. What do you like to draw in? And photography, wow! There's a part of me that always wanted to learn that, but I never got around to it. And I love collage! I used to do collages a lot. That's so neat.

Re: new to board - question re soluble fiber reaction and diet new
      #87350 - 07/07/04 01:30 PM
raindew01

Thanks for the welcome, LauraSue. Like your Santa hat!

Just want to say welcome! -nt- new
      #87457 - 07/07/04 05:24 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Hey Raindew! new
      #87460 - 07/07/04 05:27 PM
raindew01

Hi ibsgrl
The non-fiction was on child abuse--something I know a lot about, being a survivor.

The fiction I write is suspense fiction for teens--my writer friends call it "gritty" writing, because I write about real stuff. (Yep, you guessed it, I include abuse issues.) I also write some fantasy, but the last few years I've focused on the gritty suspense.

The short story coming out in Sept 05 is a paranormal suspense.

Thanks for asking. It was fun to talk about.

Thanks for the welcome. You are all wonderful. :) -nt- new
      #87463 - 07/07/04 05:29 PM
raindew01

Re: supplement and D new
      #87761 - 07/08/04 10:42 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Actually, D stopped right away, but I didn't settle into going normally once a day until about two weeks. I have been on the diet since April 3, and I still don't feel like I am completely "normal" yet, even though there is a big improvement.
I still have occasional 'D' attacks, but only when I cheat on the diet (accidnetally or purposely)
Hang in there, things do get better!

--------------------
-Sheri

#87870 - 07/08/04 01:17 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hey, Raindew! I have IBS-C so I don't know what kind of advice I can offer you for D, but I just wanted to welcome you to the message board. Read everything you can get your hands on, and fire away with your questions. And no question is too trivial. We've all been there and understand what you're going through.

Hang in there!

#88704 - 07/11/04 09:05 AM
raindew01

Thanks, beaglelover. I'm so glad for this board!

Raindew-Hello! new
      #88715 - 07/11/04 10:57 AM
JosephC

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: Kansas City

Btter late then never...:)
Welcome to the boards. Sorry to hear about your stability dilemma. It took me a few weeks to get to something stable and even then, those early times were tough. But you'll make it through like we all try and do.

Honestly, I have a hard time with some of the foods we're supposed to eat even now-Ive been with IBS for about a year now-even though Ive been trying to do my best. Im doing the hypnotherapy CDs now and they seem to be doing great. So, if you keep having problems like I was, you might want to look into them. Kinda costly, but well worth it so far.

Good luck...we'll all be here for your journey...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 141 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5562

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review