All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Another Midwesterner! Just want to say "Hi" from Iowa! new
      #86909 - 07/06/04 01:49 PM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

Well, Becky, if you did move to Iowa (Cherokee) we'd be approximately 200 miles apart! BUT! You would still be in Iowa!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am a "C" and have never felt that...the pressure I feel is going OUT not up! new
      #86933 - 07/06/04 02:38 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

Quote:

My C always gets stuck in the same spot!!! The right side befor it turns to go the the left.

My doctor insisted on giving me chest x-rays because he was sure I broke a rib or had lung cancer or something. I kept telling him it's not my ribs or my lungs it my colon pressing on my ribs. For me it is the left side right where the colon starts it's downward turn. I have had C so bad I've been in the hospital for official cleaning out.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

Re: I am a "C" and have never felt that...the pressure I feel is going OUT not up! new
      #86941 - 07/06/04 02:47 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

OOOH, doesn't sound fun. I've been severly C where I'm C literally from end-to-end, but all they do is give me a prescription laxitive and tell me there's nothing I can do to help it, I'll just have to deal with it for the rest of my life. YAY!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Oh my God I just noticed where you live! new
      #86942 - 07/06/04 02:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

Either, its the same direction. I am the short woman with curly hair and sticky outey tummy that is always outside!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#86948 - 07/06/04 02:52 PM
RachelT

Sterling is kind of long...I'm in the middle, with the odd looking Locust tree out front. I still can't figure out where you are. Are you close to the lake?

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#86951 - 07/06/04 02:56 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

hey becky (your name IS rachel though right????) and tammy,
how long is it before you consider yourself severe c? of course it might differ from person to person but just wondering! thank u

IBSGRL - your C answer new
      #86954 - 07/06/04 03:02 PM
RachelT

You'll feel it when it's severe. I couldn't go no matter what. Even if I would wait for 30 minutes. Your stomach gets so bloated that you look like you swallowed a basketball or something, and you feel completely full, even when you haven't eaten. Even when I would just sit on the couch, I could feel my full colon and it would actually stick out of my belly. (EESH!)
Oh yeah...it is Rachel. Becky is a nickname I have.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Edited by BeckyT (07/06/04 03:02 PM)

#86964 - 07/06/04 03:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

Yep.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#86966 - 07/06/04 03:24 PM
RachelT

Did ya figure out my house yet?

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: It's that stuffed feeling... new
      #87159 - 07/06/04 10:51 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

like there is just not room for another bite of anything. I have had it so badly it felt that my intestines were full of cement. It just feels like it is going to come right up my throat! Sometimes Acidophillus helps, you have to ask the pharmacist for the live cultures. I take two before bed, and they work the next day. If the C is really bad, it could take a few days. It may help and it may not.

I was joking with a friend yesterday, "I fell like I have the Statue of Liberty shoved up my butt,and it has no intention of coming out". She laughed and laughed, thanked me for adding humor to her day, I told her there wasn't a funny thing about it, OH yes there is.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 652 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5717

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review