All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What to eat
      #8635 - 05/08/03 12:59 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

What can you eat when you can't eat corn, soy, or any gluten products? What are some substitues for corn/soy? Thanks everyone!

((hugs))

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What to eat new
      #8640 - 05/08/03 01:24 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Ruchie, just a quickie question: why cant you eat corn products? Corn has been one thing that has really been good to me. Cornflakes, cornchips, corn meal, ground corn, milled corn, love the corn!lol.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#8649 - 05/08/03 02:01 PM
Snow for Sarala

Angela,

Corn KILLS! It's pain, bloating, and gas! I WISH I could eat it...it's so yummy! Oh well...maybe one day I won't have problems with it! How are you doing Angela...hope everything's great with you!!!!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: What to eat-ruchie. Corn, Oats and Soda new
      #8662 - 05/08/03 03:45 PM
ConcreteAngel

Loc: New Jersey,USA

aw im so sorry that corn makes trouble,ruchie Oats dont agree with me, and give me the same problems that corn gives you. I guess IBS is very different in every person. Anyway, Im doing pretty good right now! How are you? Hey, this is quite random and off topic, but Im making soda in my chem. class, and through research, i found that 95% of the US population consumes soda daily. THats absolutly crazy, but im happy to say that im one of the lucky few in that 5% range

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#8665 - 05/08/03 03:55 PM
Kris

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: Vancouver Island, BC

HI Ruchie
if not soy, then for protein & fibre sources, what about other kinds of beans and lentils? or chicken/fish etc.for protein. I had to stop being vegetarian years ago, because of IBS and my soy issues. I use fortified rice milk. Although I can't tolerate soy much either, sometimes i can tolerate a veggie dog if I take beano first. AS for no corn, I have tried some really tasty baked rice chips lately, very yummy, and low fat etc. Can you eat Oats? Cheerios are made from Oats, I think that I am addicted to them! Though I'm not sure if the wheat starch ingredient would include gluten? There is a cookbook called the Gluten-Free Gourmet that may be of some help. There are also recipes online that are gluten-free. I know that spelt flour is Low-Gluten, but maybe that's not low enough for your needs? Besides, I have found that the insoluble fibre content of spelt bread makes it hard to digest without an attack! So I guess I can't recommend it, personally. When I bake or make pancakes, I use oat flour, brown rice flour, and have had some yummy results. Good Luck
Kris

--------------------
Be the change you want to see in the world.

#8697 - 05/09/03 06:24 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Ruchie, doesn't celiac.com have a section on things that you can eat? I seem to remember ....

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: What to eat...Han new
      #8698 - 05/09/03 06:29 AM
Snow for Sarala

Yes, they do...but many folks can eat corn and soy! And many folks can eat raw veggies. I figure if I put the heads together of the IBS board AND the Celiac boards I can come up with something! My nutrition is going downward as potatoes are the only thing I can completely eat safely! I still seem to have probs with IBS related foods...IF I have Celiac, hopefully that will subside as my villi heal (If I DON'T have Celiac--or I have Celiac AND IBS, I'll have to figure somwthing else out).

I hope this helps to clarify where I'm coming from and what my goal is? Thanks so much to everyone for responding! It's a rough journey right now...it helps SO MUCH that you're all here for me on it!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#8700 - 05/09/03 06:32 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

What about rice? Is it gluten free? For some reason I thought it was.
Hugs,
Han

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#8701 - 05/09/03 06:34 AM
Snow for Sarala

It's debatable!!! Sometimes there are issues of what's called cross contamination. I seem to be able to tolerate ONLY Jasmine rice, plain, in small quantities. I've yet to try rice noodles (rice cakes gas), so I'm skeptical to try it. I hope that as time goes on my tummy will stable and I'll be able to eat more. Do you think that's likely? Thanks so much HanSolo...I appreciate that you care--and thanks for the hugs! (((hugs back)))

Happy Friday!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#8706 - 05/09/03 07:31 AM
BarbaraS

Loc: Wisconsin

Ruchie can you handle refined corn? Corn gives me problems if I eat whole corn and corn chips. I can tolerate refine corn, such as, corn muffins or corn bread.
I also thought there was more of a problem with cross contimtation with oats. Am I wrong?
Barbara

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2034

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review