All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: pineapple before new
      #87302 - 07/07/04 12:28 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

This sounds sooo logical since there is a poplular chewable tab made from Pineapple and/or papaya enzymes that helps with gas.

I'm assuming the fresh pineapple has more of the active enzymes than the canned or frozen.

As long as pineapple isn't a trigger (and it can be for some, simply because of the acid) then this could be a good alternative.

Thanks Kelly..........you are a world of knowlege, as usual...

Kandee

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Beano before or Simethicone after? new
      #87411 - 07/07/04 03:34 PM
Hypnogal

Reged: 03/17/03

Well, one day I'm going to get my teeth VENEERED anyway -
and I keep the gas under control with the simethicone/after lunch/dinner just fine. I use a whitening toothpaste and even have bleached my teeth myself too - works well with the trays you get (Colgate brilliant or something like that). Thanks for the suggestion.
Maybe I'll try the tea.

Fennel Tea new
      #87452 - 07/07/04 05:07 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

In the past few days I have noticed a BIG DIFFERENCE in the amount of gas pressure I feel if I drink water after dinner vs. having iced fennel-peppermint tea (a lot less gas with the tea). Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I don't think so.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

question for MsMizzle new
      #87738 - 07/08/04 10:14 AM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

Do you just brew your own fennel tea with a peppermint teabag, and then put it over ice? I suffer from bloating big time, and have been trying to experiment with fennel and such to see if it helps.

I don't get the gas pains, or anything anymore. Just can get rid of this darn bloating!!!

I use Phasyme as well, but not sure how well that works for me.

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Re: question for MsMizzle new
      #87960 - 07/08/04 04:22 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Bethany,

What a beautiful picture! Anyway, I have one of those iced tea makers ("The Iced Tea Pot by Mr. Coffee"). I got it as a wedding shower gift; I think they're about $20-25 dollars. I use eight tablespoons of slightly crushed fennel seeds plus two peppermint tea bags. The machine works much like a coffee machine, except the hot, concentrated fluid is immediately poured over ice after passing through the machine and teas.

I think you could easily make hot tea and then just let it cool, or you could make "sun tea" in an old glass juice bottle, though you'd probably need more than one ball to hold fennel seeds.

I hope this helps!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: question for MsMizzle new
      #88087 - 07/08/04 09:37 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I find that both the peppermint teabags ("Traditional Medicinals" brand) and the ho-made fennel teabags that I use brew quite satisfactorily in a mug of hot tap water. (I do this all the time at school when I can't boil water)
In fact, I was at a meeting this evening in a place where, for some reason, I couldn't get any hot water out of the tap in the women's bathroom, so I stuck my teabag into my cuppa lukewarm water, and guess what? It still brewed just fine. Wasn't the swellest tasting tea I've ever had in my life, but it got the job done.
So I guess you can make your "tummy tea" under whatever circumstances you're in.

Re: pineapple before new
      #88122 - 07/08/04 11:01 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

kelly that really works for gas. a pineapple? jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1841 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4530

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review